PDA

View Full Version : Coolest "Weapon"

Thorn
07-23-2006, 06:30 AM
This topic was inspired by "The_Lunchbox"'s topic.

Im curious as to which Weapon is the coolest, and by cool I mean.

-Appearance
-Form of attack
-Part in the game's plot
-and what they're like to vs.

Incase you forgot what they look like, here they are.

ULTIMA
http://simon.deobald.org/ff7/weapon/ultima1.jpg
DIAMOND
http://www.ffshrine.org/ff7/fmvshots-d2/27-diamond-weapon/00002.jpg
RUBY
http://www.republika.pl/finalblue/grafika/tlo/w1.jpg
EMERALD
http://syco.cable.nu/images/emerald7-o.jpg
SAPHIRE
http://www.gdronline.com/ff/07/imgweapons/sapphire.jpg
(very few pictures of Saphire, but plenty of ingame cinematics of him)

EDIT - Can a staff member make this a poll with the 5 optional choices please? I accidently clicked submitt before making poll options. It happens.

Thanks, until then...vote Via post.

Xurts
07-23-2006, 07:01 AM
Emerald.

TRANS_AM409
07-23-2006, 08:18 AM
I think diamond Wepon looks the coolest and i think ultima weapon is spelled ultimate weapon the ultima weapon is cloud's final weapon.

G SpOtZ
07-23-2006, 08:20 AM
Cheese WEAPON ftw.

TRANS_AM409
07-23-2006, 08:54 AM
emerald was the tuffest to beat

Thorn
07-23-2006, 10:54 AM
Cheese WEAPON ftw.

Can you post somthing relevant for once?

Twilight Edge
07-23-2006, 11:32 AM
coolest:Diamy Weapon
toughest:Emmy Weapon
feel sorry-est:Sapphy Weapon
overall favourite-est-Ulty Weapon
least favourite-est:Ruby Weapon

Thorn
07-23-2006, 11:40 AM
coolest: Diamy Weapon
toughest:Emmy Weapon
feel sorry-est:Sapphy Weapon
overall favourite-est-Ulty Weapon
least favourite-est:Ruby Weapon

Lol yes Saphire got owned. That's what I like about Shinra. They're powerful enough to go against the strongest forces in the world (weapon, Sephiroth) and they frikken shoot Saphire's face off.

I dont like Ruby either, has little gametime and looks lame.

TheSpoonyBard
07-23-2006, 12:27 PM
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h167/xendlesstwilightx/funny.jpg

Chocobo WEAPON wins on looks, closely followed by Ultimate WEAPON.

Diamond is my favourite, simply for destroying Shinra HQ.

mega_tonberry
07-23-2006, 12:40 PM
Emerald weapon FTW. With Saphire at a close second.

Laugh at face of Danger
07-23-2006, 01:18 PM
I really liked Ultimate WEAPON, alot, mainly because it's a bit like a Bahamut!
Diamond WEAPON was a bit too clompy for me.
And then Ruby WEAPON repeatedly handed my A$$ to me on a silver plate-!
Emerald WEAPON was just a bit boring but gave me a few scares when i came out of the Gelnika and he was in front of me and if i'd have moved - *gulp*
and then Sapphire WEAPON just sucked, sorry.

So, Ulty is the best!

G SpOtZ
07-24-2006, 07:50 AM
Cheese WEAPON ftw.

Cheese WEAPON is completely relevant! Gosh, haven't you attempted to revive Aeris yet?

DoaJ
07-24-2006, 08:55 AM
Cheese WEAPON ftw.

Cheese WEAPON is completely relevant! Gosh, haven't you attempted to revive Aeris yet?

You make me cry at night.....

MY fav is Sapphire, he's the coolest.......its not fair that he died. If it had been any of the others that got hit, they'd have been dead instead....I just dont like emerald....Ruby was pretty cool. Diamond..Although he still looked awesome...meh. Ultimate....annoying having to hunt him down, and the easiest.....so

1. Sapphire
2. Ruby
3. Diamond
4. Ultimate
5. Emerald

G SpOtZ
07-24-2006, 09:16 AM
Emerald just looks like a fat stalky version of Sapphire, except Sapphire can go up to the surface.

Seems like the other WEAPONS had purposes in the world. Wtf was Emerald thinking? He was gonna take control of things going on in the world by floating around underwater?

Thorn
07-24-2006, 11:15 AM
I like Emerald because hes incredibly scary whilst in the Submarine. When I first played FF7 I was just like.

"Doo da doo..." *twiddles thumbs*

But then this massive, MOVING image is going accross the screen. I was so freaked out. I like him merely because he's the scariest.

Ruby I dont like. I think he looks goofy and he's too avoidable when going around the map.

Ultimate is cool, apart from appearance reasons, the fact that you get to fight em like 10 times is also cool.

Saphire is awsome, I love when he burns that massive hole into the gash chamber (pointless though). It's indeed a shame, he copped a full Junon cannon to the face. Memorable gaming moment.

And finally Diamond is particularly cool aswell, I love when he's making his (slow ass) run towards Midgar and you get to fly around him in circles. His presence is again, scary.

Crossblades
07-24-2006, 04:47 PM
Diamond Weapon ftw

Jessweeee♪
07-24-2006, 05:07 PM
Cheese WEAPON ftw.

Come on...how could you forget Cheese Weapon?

Thorn
07-25-2006, 05:06 AM
Oh I dunno, probally somewhere between "Non existant" and "Non existant".

I just get annoyed by dumb flaming like.

"Who's the best ff8 character?"

Reply - "Errr charizard"

It's been done! When will that get old...

Jessweeee♪
07-29-2006, 02:01 AM
Oh I dunno, probally somewhere between "Non existant" and "Non existant".

I just get annoyed by dumb flaming like.

"Who's the best ff8 character?"

Reply - "Errr charizard"

It's been done! When will that get old...

Never.

sephiroth 4
08-03-2006, 09:18 PM
diamond is the best because he is the boss of the weapons he ROCKS:)

Distain
08-03-2006, 09:32 PM
I like Emerald because hes incredibly scary whilst in the Submarine. When I first played FF7 I was just like.

"Doo da doo..." *twiddles thumbs*

But then this massive, MOVING image is going accross the screen. I was so freaked out. I like him merely because he's the scariest.

Ruby I dont like. I think he looks goofy and he's too avoidable when going around the map.

Ultimate is cool, apart from appearance reasons, the fact that you get to fight em like 10 times is also cool.

Saphire is awsome, I love when he burns that massive hole into the gash chamber (pointless though). It's indeed a shame, he copped a full Junon cannon to the face. Memorable gaming moment.

And finally Diamond is particularly cool aswell, I love when he's making his (slow ass) run towards Midgar and you get to fly around him in circles. His presence is again, scary.

Haha I was humming the Jaws theme song every time Emerald came around. Ultima simply Kicks as*. Saphire:cry: poor little guy.. Diamond's cool, but my grandmother could run faster than him. And finaly, Ruby isn't evan worth being mentioning in here... Ah Crap.:eep:

Peter_20
08-05-2006, 02:54 AM
I always loved Emerald Weapon, because I love the green colour, and also, he actually gives you a great reward, compared to Ruby Weapon. :p

I mean, you need KotR in order to beat Ruby Weapon, and to get the Materia you need a Gold Chocobo - and then your prize is another Gold Chocobo?
WTF?
Emerald Weapon, on the other hand, hands over a full Master Materia set, and that's a damn sight better. :D

Thorn
08-05-2006, 08:57 AM
I've never beaten Emerald or Ruby. I'm always too excited to vs. sepiroth.

"ok this time playing...you WILL train!"

5 mins later..

Sepiroth -Die scum!

chronic_Maniac
08-05-2006, 09:49 AM
What about Chaos and Omega?

Thorn
08-05-2006, 09:58 AM
What about Chaos and Omega?

Ehh....This is FF7, friend.

Aralith
08-05-2006, 09:59 AM
You know personally, I liked Ruby Weapon the best I think. Despite other people's opinions, he looks pretty cool. Also, his attack style just owns. I mean, having to go into the battle with two characters already dead to stand any kind of a chance. Never heard of a strategy like that before. Also, I think he's the toughest Weapon of them all. I actually still haven't beaten him. I'm still working on that. I managed to beat Emerald Weapon in the 20 minute time limit, but I cannot beat Ruby no matter how hard I try.

Ozmoid
08-09-2006, 08:15 PM
Diamond looked the coolest
Ultima had the coolest attack
Emerald was the most terriftying(i was scared the submarine would land on top of him)
Sapphire should have been in it longer.
Ruby was just too hard. Also, i think Kurt Zisa is based on him, so i don't like him for also being Kurt Zisa

sephirothishere
08-09-2006, 09:34 PM
i saw emerald weapon in some kinda underwater crater and i didnt know what it was so i crashed into it......i had to do the whole junon reactor again....i really should have paid more attention...i was like 10 at the time.........
i dunno whats my favourite....ruby is ugly.....emerald looks like a real fat woman....i guess the others are ok....

Dreddz
08-09-2006, 10:23 PM
I like Ruby because of its spaghetti arms...

Northcrest
08-10-2006, 12:38 AM
My favorite from 1-5

1. Diamond Weapon
2. Sapphire Weapon
3. Ruby Weapon
4. Ultima Weapon
5.Emerald Weapon

Terror of Zanarkand
08-10-2006, 09:29 AM
1.Diamond
2.sapphire
3.ultimate
4.emerald
5.ruby

Emerald was the hardest though..

chronic_Maniac
08-10-2006, 09:42 AM
umm I'd have to say Emerald, Ultimate, Diamond, Sappire, Ruby, Cheese. Emerald is cool cause if you get bored you can beat on him for hours.

Shadow Masamune
08-10-2006, 01:03 PM
You know personally, I liked Ruby Weapon the best I think. Despite other people's opinions, he looks pretty cool. Also, his attack style just owns. I mean, having to go into the battle with two characters already dead to stand any kind of a chance. Never heard of a strategy like that before. Also, I think he's the toughest Weapon of them all. I actually still haven't beaten him. I'm still working on that. I managed to beat Emerald Weapon in the 20 minute time limit, but I cannot beat Ruby no matter how hard I try.

Emeraid was the coolest however, I still until this day cannot beat Ruby, then again, I don't want to kill two of my characters and then go into battle...Ruby sux!

Frustrated ChocoboBreeder
08-10-2006, 10:10 PM
I like diamond and sapphire the most. Ruby is pretty tough but hes too goofy looking I mean comeon I don't see how he can even pick up his hands their half the size of his body! I wish saphire was still alive though that would be sweet or if all the weapons decided to fight each other like some kind of godzilla movie.

The Knights of the Round
08-11-2006, 04:51 AM
i love the whole cutscene where ultima comes up and attacks that base, but i think ruby is the collest looking and he is one of the really hard ones to fight. rubyies attacks are seriously dangerous if you dont fight it just right