PDA

View Full Version : Sephiroth or Arthas

Aradae
07-23-2006, 07:07 PM
Who's the better villain?

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-23-2006, 07:09 PM
It really doesn't take a whole lot from a villain to beat Sephiroth. And at least Arthas STOPS being whiny when he becomes a villain.

Medi
07-23-2006, 07:10 PM
Yeah, definitely Arthas. It seems BtV has the same opinion of Sephiroth as I. Heck, I don't even know who Arthas is and I'm voting for 'em.

Jebus
07-23-2006, 07:10 PM
It really doesn't take a whole lot from a villain to beat Sephiroth. And at least Arthas STOPS being whiny when he becomes a villain.

*points*

Aradae
07-23-2006, 07:11 PM
dammit, accidently clicked sephiroth

Nominus Experse
07-23-2006, 07:25 PM
Arthas' transformation was much more intresting, personally. Although both of them kiled many people when they transformed, Arthas' hit home harder in that he killed his own father, and other people close to him, whereas Sephirtoth seemed to just go on a rampage and then disappear. Sephiroth was brutal, but not as seeking like Arthas was, as seen in his way of taking over his homeland, creating an undead territory. That, to me, is intense.

Madame Adequate
07-23-2006, 10:41 PM
Arthas. Whilst he ends up just under the control of other powers (Though whether he got control of himself back more or not is unresolved since he merged with the Lich King.), his actual descent into being a bad guy is pretty intense stuff - becoming more and more upset and angry after the business in and around Andorhal, and then cleansing Stratholme. The real kicker is that you can see why he did it, and to a degree sympathise.

But yeah the REALLY awesome bad guy in warcraft is Illidan. Primarily because he is so not a bad guy at all, he's just labelled as one by the small-minded Nelfs.

Edit: Sephiroth is a pretty great villain in aesthetic terms, but his motivations aren't very impressive to me.

Aradae
07-23-2006, 11:33 PM
Arthas kills his father (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4rjTYHD330&search=arthas)

Arthas becomes Lich King (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HJBEkO5u9M&mode=related&search=arthas)

I love these cinematics. I can't wait till blizz makes a movie.

DeathKnight
07-23-2006, 11:48 PM
I don't know who the heck Arthas is, but anyone's better than that EMO "ooooooooh I love Cloud and Mommy" Sephiroth

Tavrobel
07-23-2006, 11:53 PM
What's there to debate? Arthas for the win. His sword is better WAY than Sephiroth's.

Grom Hellscream (for the short time that he was "evil") and Illidan Stormrage still pwn the both of them.

DanteV9
07-24-2006, 12:01 AM
I detest Arthas, so Sephiroth it is.

Aradae
07-24-2006, 12:17 AM
I don't know who the heck Arthas is, but anyone's better than that EMO "ooooooooh I love Cloud and Mommy" Sephiroth

Athas's story (http://www.wowwiki.com/Arthas)

I know a normal person wouldn't want to read all that so I'll give you a synopsis.

Prince Arthas was a paladin who went on a quest to hunt the undead. Along the way he went mad, and betrayed his kingdom. He went back killed his father and turned his people into the undead servants of the lich king.

There's alot more to it though.

DeathKnight
07-24-2006, 12:19 AM

Athas's story (http://www.wowwiki.com/Arthas)

I know a normal person wouldn't want to read all that so I'll give you a synopsis.

Prince Arthas was a prince who went on a quest to hunt the undead. Along the way he went mad, and betrayed his kingdom. He went back killed his father and turned his people into the undead servants of the lich king.

There's alot more to it though.

Nice! that's WAY better than some emo guy who doesn't do crapy but cry all day 'bout how his mother is the world and :irked:

Aradae
07-24-2006, 12:30 AM
But yeah the REALLY awesome bad guy in warcraft is Illidan. Primarily because he is so not a bad guy at all, he's just labelled as one by the small-minded Nelfs.

Illidan invented a whole new level of awesome.

Ouch!
07-24-2006, 01:28 AM
They both suck. Illidan for the win.

Fithos
07-24-2006, 06:26 AM
kefka owns them both. that guy is creepy.

Ouch!
07-24-2006, 06:34 AM
If you're going to bring Kefka into this, my vote totally goes to Kuja or Albedo.

Moon Rabbits
07-24-2006, 06:57 AM
Arthas > Sephiroth.

Oh, and for the record, Kuja was way more crazy and wierd than Kefka. Plus he looked cool.