PDA

View Full Version : Children

Chloe.
07-23-2006, 08:13 PM
Are you good with children? Do you ever have to look after any, like babysit? I have a little sister shes only one year old and I have to look after her alot like when my parents go out or something, although I love her she can sometimes be annoying...she follows me everywhere and always copies me:p So anyway, do children like you?
Do you like children? :p :D

Nominus Experse
07-23-2006, 08:22 PM
I do not like children, and for many reasons:

I cannot connect with them
I have patience with most things, but with their level of incompetence, though it is not their fault, I cannot help but become irritated
Due to issues that occurred with my father when I was young and up until I was 18, I fear that I may repeat that which has already happened with my father's parenting 'techniques'
They are loud - I cannot, for the life of me, be around loud things and remain calm
I do not know what they want
They are helpless, and even as they cannot help but be this way, it is a weakness in people that I find very... low. Really, seeing babies and small children seems to have me think of how so many people are weak and helpless, like these small children, and that bothers me.
They are many times disgusting and grotesque in their actions - puking, pooping, peeing, etc... all over ME.

Many of these they cannot help, but that doesn't deter me from not ever tuly enjoying their presence...

Alive-Cat
07-23-2006, 08:28 PM
I'm great with children from about four and up. Children under that age scare me. They're too delicate! :(

Chloe.
07-23-2006, 08:29 PM
I do not like children, and for many reasons:

I cannot connect with them
I have patience with most things, but with their level of incompetence, though it is not their fault, I cannot help but become irritated
Due to issues that occurred with my father when I was young and up until I was 18, I fear that I may repeat that which has already happened with my father's parenting 'techniques'
They are loud - I cannot, for the life of me, be around loud things and remain calm
I do not know what they want
They are helpless, and even as they cannot help but be this way, it is a weakness in people that I find very... low. Really, seeing babies and small children seems to have me think of how so many people are weak and helpless, like these small children, and that bothers me.
They are many times disgusting and grotesque in their actions - puking, pooping, peeing, etc... all over ME.

Many of these they cannot help, but that doesn't deter me from not ever tuly enjoying their presence...

Yeah that can be annoying, but I've been around children like my whole life so i guess I'm used to it...

Shlup
07-23-2006, 08:36 PM
I'm all about the childrens.

Shiny
07-23-2006, 08:37 PM
Are you good with children? I'm only good with children that aren't my sister. I still have alot of work to do though.

Do you ever have to look after any, like babysit? Yes. Usually my six year old sister. Sometimes my neice who's only a few months old.

I have a little sister shes only one year old and I have to look after her alot like when my parents go out or something, although I love her she can sometimes be annoying...she follows me everywhere and always copies me. Small children always tend to try to identify with somebody. When the person is me I tend to get annoyed as well.

So anyway, do children like you? Probably not...I eat them.

Do you like children? ^ See above answer.

Roto13
07-23-2006, 08:49 PM
They like me, but I don't like them.

Also, I wanted to be the first person to make an "I like children, but I could never eat a whole one" joke.

Chloe.
07-23-2006, 08:50 PM
They like me, but I don't like them.
...I'm sure that you'll like them someday....:cool:

Dreddz
07-23-2006, 08:51 PM
I was told to stay away from them :/

Aradae
07-23-2006, 08:56 PM
I like to teach children something new, I hate them at all other times

chii
07-23-2006, 09:11 PM
i have cousins but no children of my own

Rye
07-23-2006, 09:13 PM
I am, when I want to be. I am a bit of a kid at heart, and what with my love for Spongebob Squarepants, stuffed animals, and everything cute and soft, we have a bit in common. Also, my cousins are all little gamers, so we play Mario Party and Pokemon Snap (<333) and other games sometimes on my old N64, or we play on my brother's Gamecube. I can make kids sit down and be nice this way, and it's good to bribe them with freezepops. They're very cute like that. :)

Sometimes I just can't deal with kids though, especially if they're screaming. I'm not too great with babies. I have germaphobe moments (which probably explains why I have to wash my hands literally 10+ a day, or else I feel very dirty), so they kind of gross me out if they're all runny nosed and drooly, especially around my stuff, like the other day, when my cousin was rubbing her face and hands all over my stuffed elephant, Ralphie. I was very grossed out and had to wash him, and my hands, about 8 times until I felt clean. I never had to deal with any of that really, because though I have a younger sibling, he's a boy and he's only 2 years younger, so he never went into my room and scuzzed up my stuff. I'll probably have to get over that eventually, though, if I ever have a kid. xD

But yes, kids are cute, and I'm good with them if I'm in the mood. :)

Chloe.
07-23-2006, 09:20 PM
I am, when I want to be. I am a bit of a kid at heart, and what with my love for Spongebob Squarepants, stuffed animals, and everything cute and soft, we have a bit in common. Also, my cousins are all little gamers, so we play Mario Party and Pokemon Snap (<333) and other games sometimes on my old N64, or we play on my brother's Gamecube. I can make kids sit down and be nice this way, and it's good to bribe them with freezepops. They're very cute like that. :)

Sometimes I just can't deal with kids though, especially if they're screaming. I'm not too great with babies. I have germaphobe moments, so they kind of gross me out if they're all runny nosed and drooly, especially around my stuff, like the other day, when my cousin was rubbing her face and hands all over my stuffed elephant, Ralphie. I was very grossed out and had to wash him, and my hands, about 8 times until I felt clean. Which is something I'll probably have to get over eventually. xD

But yes, kids are cute, and I'm good with them if I'm in the mood. :)

Yeah, I hate it when they have runny noses and stuff, it grosses me out too, but I guess we were all that age one time so we can't really complain :p I find it easy to bribe kids and its kinda fun :D Like a minute ago there was one strawberry yoghurt left and my little brother wanted it but i wanted it too and he was gettin stressy so i said oh look heres a chocolate one and he took that straight away and now i have my lovely strawberry one which if I hadn't found the choccy one i wouldn't be eating it right now :p

mooglebunni608
07-23-2006, 09:27 PM
I hate kids. Really. I just do.

Yuffie514
07-23-2006, 09:56 PM
i have some cousins that are younger than i am. we play video-games and do outside activities...

feona17
07-23-2006, 10:07 PM
I love children, whenever I see small children or babies I get all *awww*. But sometimes they're really annoying. Kids usually like me if I give them attention and I've babysat before, it isn't that fun. Though I do want my own kids one day.

Faris
07-23-2006, 10:14 PM
Kids like being around me, probably because I'm a big punching bag to them and I'm too nice. I havn't baby sat in a while.

Old Manus
07-23-2006, 11:46 PM
Just call me the Pied Piper of Manuslin.

DanteV9
07-23-2006, 11:52 PM
Hmm, good with children? Kinda. When I meet new children, I don't play with them or anything, I just ignore them. But they start to like me anyway. A curse, yes?

T-MaN
07-24-2006, 12:01 AM
I work at the Children's Hospital, so I guess you could say that I think that children are awesome.

Anaisa
07-24-2006, 12:02 AM
I only like nice children, which means I don't like many children. I like babies. I'm good at taking care of children an babies, an their not as difficult to look after as people make out.

Twisted Tinkerbell
07-24-2006, 12:14 AM
I like kids, and they like me. I look after Iceglow's niece a lot.

Sylvie
07-24-2006, 12:43 AM
I'm good with kids 6 and up. Other than that, I can become extremely frustrated with their mental density and actions.

Levian
07-24-2006, 12:53 AM
I like kids when they are 2 and up. Since then they can talk pretty much and they understand a lot. Also, they are more aware of stuff happening around them and it's generally funner to do stuff with them. Like going to the park, or go to the creek. I don't mind them older either. The older they get the more stuff we can do. It's when they turn 9-10 I don't know what to do with them. :p

Ok, scratch that. That's not funny at all.

Marshall Banana
07-24-2006, 03:22 AM
I like kids just fine when I don't have to take care of them. It's fun watching them terrorize their parents in stores, restaurants, and such.

So, I think I'll stick to puppies. =D

BardTard
07-24-2006, 07:01 AM
I'm horrible with children. Except my little cousin, who's almost 4.
I babysit 2 kids, they're 7 and 11 (which is an alright age for me) and they have a baby sister who's TEETHING but their brother watches her. Well the little boy puts her on my lap and she stares at me. If I pick her up she screams. I don't like kids. I hate the way that baby stares at me... I don't enjoy staring contests! And... Yeah, I'd make a horrible parent. With all my reasons not to have kids, I'm not joking when I say I could write a book. The only thing that I like about kids is that the ones I know seem to have more common sense than the adults I know. :confused:

Hambone
07-24-2006, 07:03 AM
I suck with 3 year olds. They won't shut up.

Ouch!
07-24-2006, 07:09 AM
I used to babysit two little kids. I built legos with them the entire time I was there. >_>

I also babysat a little terror who had a bit of an attitude problem. He talked about how when he went to New York a guy came up to him and asked if he wanted to get a whore. The kid was 8. He also asked me what fuck meant. That was weird.

LunarWeaver
07-24-2006, 07:15 AM
I fucking hate children.

Psydekick
07-24-2006, 07:20 AM
Well legally i still am i child! well only for a few more months

In answer to your question, no i cant i try to avoid them and they avoid me:tongue:

strawberryman
07-24-2006, 07:25 AM
I can stand kids with plenty of duct tape.

Yamaneko
07-24-2006, 07:41 AM
I don't mind children at all. I hate some of the parents who raise them though and by association, their children.

Miriel
07-24-2006, 08:06 AM
I love kids. I don't understand people who hate kids. I understand people who don't want kids themselves, or don't enjoy the company of children, but I can't understand people who hate children.

I have 2 little cousins I babysit all the time, Megan and Amanda. Together, I call them Megaman and they do my bidding. Last week we made rice krispy treats and made huge soap bubbles in the back yard. Megan is 8 years old and is going through a stage where she doesn't want to give me kisses anymore. Not in public at least. But that's ok, cause little Amanda still likes to crawl into my lap and give me kisses and hugs and asks me to braid her hair for her.

Chloe.
07-24-2006, 06:21 PM
I can stand kids with plenty of duct tape.

Well that kind of worries me.....:p

bipper
07-24-2006, 06:52 PM
I have experience with two, and I have always been great with kids, especially the older they get.

strawberryman
07-24-2006, 07:21 PM
Well that kind of worries me.....:p

People say that to me alot.

Dark Angel From Heaven
07-24-2006, 08:02 PM
Are you good with children? Do you ever have to look after any, like babysit? I have a little sister shes only one year old and I have to look after her alot like when my parents go out or something, although I love her she can sometimes be annoying...she follows me everywhere and always copies me:p So anyway, do children like you?
im great with kids, they love me for some resen, probly beacuse i can realte to em, i had a conva with a 4 year old about the power rangers, he couldnt believe a guy my age (16) was into cartton and power ranger and stuff, i plays with his toys with him, i love kids, i baby sat a 12 year old and a 4 year old. i had to feed em and everything i injoyd it. but sometimes they can be a pain << i have a 6 year old step sister i watch over and stuff copys me all the time what ever i do she does. so im good with kids. they love me ^^

SammieBabe
07-24-2006, 08:02 PM
I love kids and I'm glad I had them. My nieces and nephews are alot of fun too...

bipper
07-24-2006, 08:06 PM
I love kids and I'm glad I had them. My nieces and nephews are alot of fun too...

You gave the birth already?

SammieBabe
07-24-2006, 08:14 PM

You gave the birth already?

No not yet. But soon. :p
But I'm glad I had the first one, and I'm glad I'm about to have this one...:D
Better?

bipper
07-24-2006, 08:15 PM
DOH! I had the thread ready to go :confused: Could you give a couple pushes? Please!? :p

I have the submit button ready to go! (I wonder if I click it, will it induse labor? :tongue:

Bipper

SammieBabe
07-24-2006, 08:20 PM
DOH! I had the thread ready to go :confused: Could you give a couple pushes? Please!? :p

I have the submit button ready to go! (I wonder if I click it, will it induse labor? :tongue:

Bipper

xD
I'll keep you posted...or check my LJ for updates...;)

Dark Angel From Heaven
07-24-2006, 08:24 PM
i want kids ^^ a boy and a girl.

Mum
07-25-2006, 01:48 AM
I like babies under the age of 9 months old - then I could quite happliy have given them away and started again! (No offence, BoB)

Basically, I am noise intolerant. But of course mine were brought up knowing this and we all got along ok. (Its always different with your own.)

From the age of about 14 years old I started buying things and putting them away for my future kids. When I first got married we tried for kids for a couple of years before we got Nikki, then BoB arrived without even being invited a couple of years later! However after I had kids I found out that unfortunately I wasn't really the natural motherly type - bummer. Still they turned out good people and I love them heaps (after about the age of 8).

I wanted a girl first then a boy so I was REALLY glad when thats what happened.

I get along best with teenagers coz we can do things together. My kids both seem to like me so I guess its all worked out well.

Doomie
07-25-2006, 01:49 AM
BoB's MuM totally posted.

Reine
07-25-2006, 09:13 AM
Im general intolerant towards kids, "kids" generally being 15 and under. Mainly because im used to talking with intelligent people, those of my own age, that I now cant stand kids. However, I get along fine with the smart ones, some have even fooled me into thinking they were like, 18+

Drift
07-25-2006, 09:59 AM
i dont mind children but i cant watch them for long. noisy, energetic and extremly noisy x_X

nik0tine
07-25-2006, 10:36 AM
I don't know any little kids anymore but everytime I see one I think "god, that poor kid has /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifty parents"

Polaris
07-25-2006, 10:39 AM
Are you good with children?

I love children, who can't possible like them, they are adorable... when i went to a family party in my sis school some of her friends asked if I was her mother and said that were afradi fo me, just coz i was wearing dark clothes ^^"! A friend of mine has a niece she has 2 years old and everytime she sees me she ran to me all happy and hug me... she's adorable...

moldybread
07-25-2006, 10:47 AM
The thought of children usually frightens me, never sure if there's something I should be doing, should I act differently? I think I like kids, besides this. But, my brother's girlfriend is coming to live with us for a bit (she's in Florida), and she's bringing her daughter up here too (well, yeah). She's five, I don't know what I'm going to do, living here with her. I'm going to have to maintain my appearance :(. So I'm extremely nervous about that particular situation.

Her mother already hates me. Thinks I tried to scare her on purpose...

(sorry for the story)

Rase
07-25-2006, 11:02 AM
It all depends on the kid, but in general I'd say yeah. When I babysit for some of my friends it gives me a chance to relax and goof around with their kids.

Zante
07-25-2006, 11:13 AM
I don't like children. They are loud, often can't behave, usualy talk crap, are dumb, silly etc. Luckily I was spared any siblings so I don't have to deal with em often.

drunkymonkey
07-25-2006, 11:15 AM
I'm good with children, but sometimes I wish I wasn't.

I don't like children. They are loud, often can't behave, usualy talk crap, are dumb, silly etc. Luckily I was spared any siblings so I don't have to deal with em often. Like most adults then.

bipper
07-25-2006, 02:32 PM
I'm good with children, but sometimes I wish I wasn't.

I don't like children. They are loud, often can't behave, usualy talk crap, are dumb, silly etc. Luckily I was spared any siblings so I don't have to deal with em often. Like most adults then.

LOL! yes, this is so true.

Zante
07-25-2006, 02:47 PM
Like most adults then.

Well, I dont like the ones that behave like that either. ;)

Jess
07-26-2006, 01:23 AM
I love children. My cousins kid is really young and whenever I visit Newcastle to see the family, although I'm on a break I absolutely love looking after him! I used to babysit for my mum's friends, but I don't anymore, as I'm not really free on a Friday and Saturday night - and that is usually when people need a babysitter. :jess:

Rocket Edge
07-26-2006, 01:24 AM
I like kids, they can be funny, but i admit i do sometimes have a short fuse with some, depends on my mood aswell however.

YasuKaida
07-26-2006, 01:25 AM
i like kids, unless there sticky and want to rub all the stickyness on you.

NorthernChaosGod
07-26-2006, 07:12 AM
Yeah, I'm pretty good with kids. I've actually been told that I would make a great dad someday by someone whom I deeply care about. That was one of the best compliments ever.

And yeah, I watch my 4-year-old sister sometimes.