PDA

View Full Version : what leval were you..

Keyblademasterme
07-23-2006, 10:12 PM
what level were you with most of the party when you fought edea for the 2nd time?? :) and how high was your HP?? that would help me bunches!!! :D

Xaven
07-23-2006, 10:21 PM
You do realise that in FFVIII, enemies level up at the same pace as you do, right? Let's say you're level 80, and you get in a random encounter. The monsters you right will be around level 80. If you're level 9, the monsters you fight will be much weaker. Leveling up in FFVIII isn't very useful, and the game can actually be much easier at lower levels. This holds true for all but one or two bosses in the game. Leveling up is not the way to go to get stronger. :D

Keyblademasterme
07-23-2006, 10:24 PM
ohhh so what your saying is whatever level your at is the level the boss is gonna be at??

hplvr
07-23-2006, 10:30 PM
well they take all of ur party levels and average them out like for ex. if the charcetsr in ur group were 50, 40 and 30 the monsters level would be level 40

Keyblademasterme
07-23-2006, 10:35 PM
ohhh really?! i seriously had noooo idea haha i`m kinda new to this stuff!!! its a lil confusing can someone like explain how to get abilites and how to get higher HP?? cuz i`m sooo confused

Xurts
07-23-2006, 10:42 PM
All of my characters had their initial levels except for Squall, who was at Level 8. My HP was around 3500-4000.

The key to FF8 is Junctioning. Refine powerful magic from items that you get by modding cards and Junction them to your stats. Then watch as you pwn everything.

Keyblademasterme
07-23-2006, 10:43 PM
All of my characters had their initial levels except for Squall, who was at Level 8. My HP was around 3500-4000.

wow how`d you get his HP sooo high if he was only at leval 8??

Xurts
07-23-2006, 10:46 PM

wow how`d you get his HP sooo high if he was only at leval 8??

The key to FF8 is Junctioning. Refine powerful magic from items that you get by modding cards and Junction them to your stats. Then watch as you pwn everything.
I just Junctioned 100 Regens to everyone's HP.

Keyblademasterme
07-23-2006, 10:50 PM
ooooooooo i see!!! ;D hmmmm soooo do you haveta junction a certain GF to make the HP thingy light up?? so that you can junction magic on it?

Xurts
07-23-2006, 10:56 PM
ooooooooo i see!!! ;D hmmmm soooo do you haveta junction a certain GF to make the HP thingy light up?? so that you can junction magic on it?
Yes. The GF has to have the -J ability learned before it will become available though. The Junction Tutorials give you a good explanation on how it works.

Keyblademasterme
07-23-2006, 11:00 PM
ooohhh ok!! but how do i learn the ability mug or steal?

Xurts
07-23-2006, 11:02 PM
ooohhh ok!! but how do i learn the ability mug or steal?
Fight a lot of battles. Enemies give you AP (Ability Points), which teaches GFs abilities. Once you have x/x (like the 200/200 needed for Mug) AP, the GF will learn that ability.

Just go and listen to the Junction Tutorials in the Tutorials section of the menu screen. They explain everything.

Keyblademasterme
07-23-2006, 11:08 PM
ok ok i`ll go to that tutorial jeez

Xurts
07-23-2006, 11:10 PM
ok ok i`ll go to that tutorial jeez
You'll thank me later. :D

Zeromus_X
07-23-2006, 11:22 PM
The first time through the game, before I found out about the 'proper' way to play? Probably 20s or something. I don't remember for sure...it's been awhile.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
07-23-2006, 11:36 PM
The three characters i used to fight Edea the second time were:

Squall lv.68 HP:9200/9200 (something around that)

Zell lv.54( i think) HP:9999/9999

Rinoa lv.38 HP: around 7600/7600

DfKimera
07-24-2006, 06:25 AM
I feel excluded a little... All of my characters are below level 20, and all of them have over 4000HP and take around 1000/3000HP with normal attacks... Indeed, Junction is the key :)

Ouch!
07-24-2006, 06:42 AM
Let's see, the first time I played through I kept trying to walk up the wrong side of the stairs by the basketball court, so I couldn't get to the next area. In my boredom, I ended up killing those hockey player enemy things in the ice rink again and again by spamming Ifirt. I didn't realize I had to go up the right side of the stairs to get by until all three of my party members were maxed out. >_>

Keyblademasterme
07-25-2006, 02:31 AM
I feel excluded a little... All of my characters are below level 20, and all of them have over 4000HP and take around 1000/3000HP with normal attacks... Indeed, Junction is the key :)

ok ok yalls i read the tutorial like 5 times annndd i still need a lil explanation on something...ok you say your at level 20 and have 4000HP and have 1000/3000 damage...what GF did you equip to everyone...that would help bunches!!! because i now know...that you haveta junction magic to raise your HP and STRENGTH sooo what magic did you guys use cuz i`m telling ya i`ve been taking magic from fiends like crazyy sooo help me out!! thanx :D

Xaven
07-25-2006, 05:18 AM
If all else fails, use the "Auto" function in the Junction menu. That will junction the best magic to their best corresponding stats for optimal results. I usually use the Auto > Def setup as the basis for my junctioning.

It'll take a while to get used to what magic should be used for what. So again, go into the Junction menu, and select Auto, then pick either Attack, Magic, or Defense (whichever one you want to focus on). :D

Hambone
07-25-2006, 09:41 AM
The key is to Junction...the right way!

My H.P. by that time is usually around 5000.

Xurts
07-25-2006, 06:18 PM

ok ok yalls i read the tutorial like 5 times annndd i still need a lil explanation on something...ok you say your at level 20 and have 4000HP and have 1000/3000 damage...what GF did you equip to everyone...that would help bunches!!! because i now know...that you haveta junction magic to raise your HP and STRENGTH sooo what magic did you guys use cuz i`m telling ya i`ve been taking magic from fiends like crazyy sooo help me out!! thanx :D

When I fought Seifer and Edea, my Junctions looked a bit like this:
HP - Regen
Str - Tornado
Vit - Meltdown
Mag - Triple
Spr - Reflect
Spd - Haste

Whenever I Junction magic, I always have 100 spells, and I never use magic that I have Junctioned. I don't need to when my Strength is like 160 at Level 8.

I remember when I fought Cerberus. He managed to cast Triple on himself, then I attacked him around 6-9 times before he had another turn and he died. It was pretty funny.

f f freak
07-25-2006, 07:19 PM
My team was
Squall-lvl13-hp 4500(Roughly)
Selphie-lvl9-hp 3900(Roughly)
Quistis-lvl9-hp 3700(Roughly)

Took me 2 turns with each character to beat her.

Keyblademasterme
07-25-2006, 07:57 PM
soo what GF`s did you use with these ppl to get all of those stats to become avalible cuzzz i don` have EVERY stat slot thingy avalible

leonheart292
07-25-2006, 09:00 PM
mine was squall, selphie, and zell. all on lv. 100, and there health was just above 5000 i think with 100 deaths junctioned to health. sorry, im thinking of the end. umm idk.

Xurts
07-25-2006, 09:37 PM
soo what GF`s did you use with these ppl to get all of those stats to become avalible cuzzz i don` have EVERY stat slot thingy avalible
Just Junction the GFs that have the certain -J abilities that you want. There's not really any specific way to do it. Just Junction them so everyone has the HP, Strength, Magic, Vitality, and Spirit Junctions. Only 1 character will have the Speed Junction, and whoever you give Pandemona to will get that if you learned it.

BTW, this is assuming that you have gotten every GF available up to this point.

Keyblademasterme
07-25-2006, 10:17 PM
Just Junction the GFs that have the certain -J abilities that you want. There's not really any specific way to do it. Just Junction them so everyone has the HP, Strength, Magic, Vitality, and Spirit Junctions. Only 1 character will have the Speed Junction, and whoever you give Pandemona to will get that if you learned it.

nawww not just yet but i understand now but can a GF say...shiva learn HP-J junction even though its not on its learn ability list??

leonheart292
07-26-2006, 12:16 AM
no... unless u use an item.

Xurts
07-26-2006, 12:19 AM

nawww not just yet but i understand now but can a GF say...shiva learn HP-J junction even though its not on its learn ability list??
Yes. But you have to buy a special Scroll. The Pet Shops in Timber and Esthar sell these. All you have to do is go there and buy a HP Scroll, and then use it on a GF that doesn't have the HP-J ability. If that GF can't learn any more abilities, then buy some Amnesia Greens to make the GF forget 1 ability. The Pet shops sell these too.

Right now you can only reach the Timber Pet Shop, and only if you have Tonberry's Call Shop ability learned. If you don't have Tonberry (perfectly normal, since he is optional), then you can just wait until after you beat Edea.

Keyblademasterme
08-02-2006, 10:51 PM
haha ok new question!! when is it possible to actually buy the HP-J scrolls cuzzz i`m just about to fight edea the 2nd time andd its still not aviable does anyone know when??

Xurts
08-03-2006, 07:20 AM
haha ok new question!! when is it possible to actually buy the HP-J scrolls cuzzz i`m just about to fight edea the 2nd time andd its still not aviable does anyone know when??
They are available at the Timber Pet Shop. I don't know for sure whether or not Tonberry's Familiar ability is needed, but I doubt it.

Keyblademasterme
08-03-2006, 01:47 PM
They are available at the Timber Pet Shop. I don't know for sure whether or not Tonberry's Familiar ability is needed, but I doubt it.

but when i checked at the timber pet shop they weren`t there..:( do you know when?

Xurts
08-03-2006, 08:31 PM

but when i checked at the timber pet shop they weren`t there..:( do you know when?
If they really aren'tthere, then you need Tonberry's Familiar ability. I could've sworn that you didn't. Oh well, getting Tonberry takes like 10 minutes anyway.

Head on over to the Centra Ruins. If you haven't been there yet then stick Enc-None on someone and go through the place solving all of the little puzzles, and then fight Odin. Once you defeat him, then exit and save outside. Now, put Quistis in your party, and put her and Squall in critical status. Then enter and advance 3 screens to where the statue is. Run around until you encounter a Tonberry. Have Quistis hit it with Micro Missiles FIRST, then have Squall finish it off with a Renzokuken. That should kill it. Kill about 20 Tonberries or so. Once you do that the Tonberry King should appear after a battle. Put the beat down on him and he'll join you.

Keyblademasterme
08-04-2006, 02:11 AM
ok new question i got passed that cute lil scene with riona and squall!! awwww anywho now i gotta go free riona from some memoria place but i dunno where it is!! :S is it that place with the big floating box over it??

Daikuwaga
08-11-2006, 11:00 AM
[QUOTE=Keyblademasterme;1791608]what level were you with most of the party when you fought edea for the 2nd time?? :) and how high was your HP?? that would help me bunches!!! :D[/QUOTE=Daikuwaga]when i fought edea for the 2nd time my level are 48 and my HP are about 9999.

boys from the dwarf
08-11-2006, 12:56 PM
hmm. nearly everyone can make that mistake on their first playthrough and just completely ignore tuturials and info. i just want to give you a few hints which you will find useful because you seem quite new to FF8.

refine as many items and cards as you can (unless you collect and play cards.) to refine you need to junction the GF and set it to learn its refine ability. there are refines for different elements that you learn from ifrit , shiva and quezcoatl E.G. fire refining gets you magic like fira and firaga and fire related items. card refine can be learned from queztcoatl and gets you tons of great items. E.G. the odin car drefines into 100 items that give you about 20 haste spells each which is more than enough to last throughout the game. the sacred or minotaur card gives you dino bones which refine into quake spells which are great for rasing damage. and the biablos card refines into 100 black holes and each of them give you 30 demis which are good for raising health and magic and pretty much everything.

mesmerizes (unicorn like creatures.) drop mesmerize horns a lot and each of them refines into about 3 mega potions which are very useful because they restore 1000 HP to everyone. mesmerizes drop their horns a lot so it should be pretty easy to get a lot of mega potions.

level up to level 30 at a minimum. (i always get up to level 100 to make the game a little more challenging.) once at level 30 you can draw higher level spells from enemies quite easily. as you level up, the level of the spells the enemies carry also level up but they stop after level 30 E.G. a level one bite bug would only have a basic fire spell and scan to draw from them but a level 30 one would have firaga and scan.

tri-faces have flare magic that can be drawn from them if they are at level 30 and with flare and some strength +20% and 40% abilties i manages to get attack up to 255 quite easily.

in the desert near with the prison on it in the galbadia area you can fight an enemy that will drop windmills which refine into 20 tornadoes each (i think the enemie is a sandworm). this is another very powerful spell.

and finally the obvious one that most people know about already. refine cottages into 10 curagas each. with 100 curagas i got over 3,000 health before the end of disk one.

Rocket Edge
08-11-2006, 05:26 PM
I had everyone at approx. 4000 i think.

Xurts
08-11-2006, 11:25 PM
refine as many items and cards as you can (unless you collect and play cards.) to refine you need to junction the GF and set it to learn its refine ability. there are refines for different elements that you learn from ifrit , shiva and quezcoatl E.G. fire refining gets you magic like fira and firaga and fire related items. card refine can be learned from queztcoatl and gets you tons of great items. E.G. the odin car drefines into 100 items that give you about 20 haste spells each which is more than enough to last throughout the game. the sacred or minotaur card gives you dino bones which refine into quake spells which are great for rasing damage. and the biablos card refines into 100 black holes and each of them give you 30 demis which are good for raising health and magic and pretty much everything.
Odin's card mods into 100 Dead Spirits, which are used to refine Death spells. I prefer using Chef's Knives for 30 Deaths each, since Odin's card is useful.

I get my Haste from Vysages. Another good way is refining Magic Stones.

Sacred's card modifies into 100 Dino Bones. However, Abyss Worms mod into Windmills which refine into Tornadoes. Tornados are better for strength.

Demis are only good for Magic. It sucks for everything else, depending on your other magic of course.