PDA

View Full Version : question....

hplvr
07-23-2006, 10:25 PM
k well i have this game for PS1 called Final Fantasy Chronicles and it says that FF4 is in there and on the back it says its origanilly FF2 cept with better graphics and other stuff is it?

Xaven
07-23-2006, 10:31 PM
Final Fantasy IV Advance is the original North American FFII but with improved graphics and sound.

And what about Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles?

Tempest
07-23-2006, 10:33 PM
Yes. Final Fantasy IV was FF II in America when it was first released back in 1991. I don't think the graphics are any better in the PS1 version then the SNES version though but, this game is the original Japanese version, so it's unedited and has all the items and special attacks from the characters that were not in the SNES version. It's also the hard version.

abrojtm
07-23-2006, 11:25 PM
Final Fantasy Chronicles includes FFIV, which was originally realeased in America as FFII and Chrono Trigger which was also released in the states. They are both good games, but FFIV is not a remake of the original FFII.

Paul
07-24-2006, 01:39 AM
Final Fantasy IV Advance is the original North American FFII but with improved graphics and sound.

And what about Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles?
no

hplvr
07-24-2006, 01:41 AM
ooo okay the one abrojtm was talking about is the one im talking about

Xaven
07-24-2006, 05:10 AM
Oh, I see. Final Fantasy Chronicles. I'm sorry, I thought you were talking about entirely something else!

Sefie1999AD
07-24-2006, 12:45 PM
Yes. Final Fantasy IV was FF II in America when it was first released back in 1991. I don't think the graphics are any better in the PS1 version then the SNES version though but, this game is the original Japanese version, so it's unedited and has all the items and special attacks from the characters that were not in the SNES version. It's also the hard version.

Mostly what Kain's_girl said. The translation is also a lot better in FFIV PSX than in FF"2" SNES. I think the PSX version also added the ability to dash by holding the cancel button. I don't think the PSX version has better graphics than the SNES version. They're about the same, if not worse, in fact, and the same goes to sound and music quality. What's actually worse in the PSX version are the horrible loading times.

Crossblades
07-24-2006, 04:40 PM
Mostly what Kain's_girl said. The translation is also a lot better in FFIV PSX than in FF"2" SNES. I think the PSX version also added the ability to dash by holding the cancel button. I don't think the PSX version has better graphics than the SNES version. They're about the same, if not worse, in fact, and the same goes to sound and music quality. What's actually worse in the PSX version are the horrible loading times.

FMV scenes are also added in the game, although you can only see them at the beginning and end of the game

Duncan
07-24-2006, 05:49 PM
I don't think the load times in the PS version of IV are all that bad. Chrono Trigger however, is downright unplayable.

hplvr
07-24-2006, 06:50 PM
omfg Chrono Trigger is such a bad game i cant even explain how bad it is lol

Sylvie
07-26-2006, 01:20 AM
Chrono Trigger is good.

cecil+rosa
08-24-2006, 09:21 PM
ive played ff crystal chronicles and it says nothing about ff4