PDA

View Full Version : Time For Eatins!

Laugh at face of Danger
07-23-2006, 10:51 PM
How many of you were bothered to devour things to raise your stats permenantly?

And a little sub question: where can i get 5 elixirs to feed PuPu (on disk four btw)

FireFlameJade
07-23-2006, 11:08 PM
I did occasionally devour enemies when I remembered they would be useful, but more often than not didn't bother and used the bonus commands when going up a level.

Do you have the call shop ability? I think it's the Tonberry GF which learns that. If so, getting elixirs should be easy through that ability. If not, refining items may be the only way.
Hope that helps,
Jade.

Rantz
07-23-2006, 11:10 PM
I started doing it, but it was too slow to get me up more than about 10 points STR and VIT (with Squall only).

I think you can get Elixirs from Johnny's Shop (right name?) in Esthar. If you're in disc 4 you'll have to use Call shop (the shop is called "Esthar shop!!!" in here), and have entered the shop once already. They cost 37500 with Haggle. I also think there is a way to refine them from X-Potions.

BardTard
07-24-2006, 06:56 AM
I never had the devour ability.
But if I did I'd eat a Galbadian soldier.

IceAngel
07-24-2006, 08:02 PM
It was only recently that I realised you raise stats if you used devour. I've gotta get up to that part of the game to get it again now. I probably will in future though :)

Hyperion4444
07-24-2006, 09:08 PM
Get yourself a PC version and play the pocketstation.

It's the best way to boost your charcter.

And to get Elixirs...

Best way to get them is with Tonberry's Call Shop s Ability.
Get to the store
Estar????
And buy them there.
You can also refine them, with Med LVL Up.
And there's another way to find them, but details seems to slip me.

I'll edit this later, rigth now, I got a major headhache and don't want any replies till tommorow.

Hope I helped you.

Btw: Poketstation is the chocobo mini-game.
It's worth the extra time to get the items, if you want to waste it...
You can get Ribbons, a GF Ability (100% resistance to all status change), the only way to get it.

PerpetualBurn
07-24-2006, 09:39 PM
I never used devour, because I've never really enjoyed mindless training to develop characters. It wasn't really tough to win the game if you'd got all the GFs and a load of magic, so meh.

G SpOtZ
07-25-2006, 12:00 PM
It's fun to watch Selphie eat a T-Rexaur. Or a Malboro, then get hurt from it.

FTF
07-27-2006, 10:50 PM
Heh, this is what I'm in the middle of doing now, among other things. Quistis is getting near 255 vitality (finally). I don't really find it disturbing more than the fact that a malboro's breath is so bad it can confuse me... I'm still trying to make sense of that...

PerpetualBurn
07-27-2006, 11:19 PM
Of course it's confusing.

It's like when someone's got lethal tuna breath, and you're like "Woah, why the hell don't you invest in a breath mint?". And then you start arbitrarily casting harmful magic on an unrelated companion.

Makes perfect sense.

FTF
07-27-2006, 11:40 PM
Touché

*finds something else to grumble about*