PDA

View Full Version : Characters from the movie can't be hot!

Shadow117
07-24-2006, 12:28 AM
My family members think that your crazy if you think a character from the movie and/or games is hot. I happen to have a huge crush on Sephiroth and my family thinks that me and everybody alive who has a crush on a character from the movie is legally insain and mentally unstable. wrong, isn't it?

silentenigma
07-24-2006, 04:15 AM
you can think a fictional character is hot without being insane - it just shows an opinion of their appearance.

BUT if you have a huge crush on a character, especially if it is animated...that shows desire. and that desire you have is creepy.

Ryushikaze
07-24-2006, 06:09 AM
Ask them if they've ever found a character in a live action movie hot. When they inevitable say yes, explain that said character is as real as the animated character, and that there is no difference to the desire centers of the brain between a real person, an image of a real person, and an image of a fictional person.

Xaven
07-24-2006, 06:30 AM
The CG in FFVII:AC was very life-like. I dun see how thinking a person rendered in that movie is hot or attrative qualifies as being insain.

TiDUS.AHOLiC
07-24-2006, 07:52 AM
Well... I really think fictional characetrs can be real HOT! But to some people might not... lol... but anyways I really think alot of animated characters are HOT! :)

BardTard
07-24-2006, 08:13 AM
I'm a fictiophiliac. My mom always says "they're cartoons!!!!" ...whatever. I think Kadaj is sooooooo sexy. And my mom says he looks like a girl cus he has long hair. I think long hair is sexy. Just not long like Yazoo.

Anywho, YES animated characters CAN be SEXAAAAYYYYY

:drool:

G SpOtZ
07-24-2006, 09:22 AM
T.A and R_L, you both break my heart. You really do.

I wouldn't call it mentally unstable, or insane... I would call it ummm... I don't really know. There's not a word for it that I can find.

Basically, too "wanting" of unreal things. If you're obsessed with fantasy your whole life, you won't get very far. It's really not healthy, and it's actually pretty sad if people get too hooked on fictional characters.

Setzer Gabianni
07-24-2006, 07:25 PM
Adults can be so cruel.

~Setzer Gabbiani

*~Angel Wing~*
07-24-2006, 10:58 PM
Ask them if they've ever found a character in a live action movie hot. When they inevitable say yes, explain that said character is as real as the animated character, and that there is no difference to the desire centers of the brain between a real person, an image of a real person, and an image of a fictional person.
:thumb:

PerpetualBurn
07-25-2006, 01:51 AM
It should be quite blatant that the characters in Advent Children and the likes have been designed to fit into a stereotypical idea of "beauty". The artists have clearly set out to design what they consider to be attractive. Now, yes, I agree that actually being infatuated with any fictional character is sad and disturbing, but to say that the characters can't be attractive seems odd. They are blatantly some artist's vision of what beauty is. A person is trying to express idealisation of the human form, and appreciating that is not a bad thing.

Some people go too far, sure, but you can't tell me that Tifa wasn't someone's interpretation of beauty. It's their design. They can't make a real person, and this is the best they can do. When I say a character is attractive, I am referring to how I would expect them to look were they physically real, not just the CG on screen.

Use your imagination. Have you never read a book that's well written enough to allow you to develop a clear image of what they're like? It's the same thing. Someone offers a design, and you fill in the gaps.

Renmiri
07-25-2006, 04:19 AM

As long as you are not ACTING on those impulses I think it's each person's individual choice, i.e., whatever floats your boat and fuels your dreams is fine.

I see no difference between someone having mild crush on Hillary Duff or Jesse McCartney and on Cloud or Sephiroth. I mean, it's not like you would take any of those out on a date!

Sefie1999AD
07-25-2006, 09:46 AM
There's nothing wrong with finding an animated character to be good-looking. Of course, getting obsessed with that character or trying to pursue him/her would be bad, but it's pretty much the same with Hollywood actors and celebrities: a lot of people drool over them, but still there's pretty much no chance for them to get together with them. Oh, and if an artist draws a picture of an attractive looking person and you were asked if that person in the picture is attractive, why would it be mentally unstable of you to answer "yes"? :D

ChibiKadaj
07-28-2006, 04:47 AM
Kadaj

Distain
07-28-2006, 05:11 AM
T.A and R_L, you both break my heart. You really do.

I wouldn't call it mentally unstable, or insane... I would call it ummm... I don't really know. There's not a word for it that I can find.

Basically, too "wanting" of unreal things. If you're obsessed with fantasy your whole life, you won't get very far. It's really not healthy, and it's actually pretty sad if people get too hooked on fictional characters.

true dat. Never had a crush on a animated/ pixelated( and whatever els) charicter. Never will. Too into real people. Crushes on imaginary people just arent my thing. But meh, to each his or her own.

cloud-freak21
08-02-2006, 09:05 PM
yes it is soooo wrong i think squall and cloud are H-O-T my family has no problem with it

LynetteCloudburst
01-19-2008, 04:07 PM
well........wat i think is...if u have a crush on them its kind of going overboard...but thinking they're hot is just the same as thinking a character is hot in a movie with real people...cuz your not necessarilly attracted to the actual person but their character. And in Both cases they are Equally Fictional! FFVII ROKs!:tongue:

blackmage_nuke
01-20-2008, 12:29 AM
I like (character) - this is ok
I love (character) - A bit odd but still acceptable
I want to (verb) (character) - Thats crossing the line
I want to (verb) someone like (character) - Thats sort of sitting on the line

Psychotic
01-20-2008, 02:42 AM
Hey there cloud-freak21, this thread hadn't been posted in for one and a half years, so it's probably best if it's left alone.

If the thread topic interests you, though, perhaps you could start a new discussion on the matter. :)