PDA

View Full Version : will their ever be a sequal to Final Fantasy 7?

chrisfffan
07-24-2006, 08:18 AM
its the old question isnt it but i still think their will be a sequal i know they done the film sequal but next year its the 10th anniversary im sure they will bring it out then!

Ryushikaze
07-24-2006, 08:23 AM
You're about half a year too late. It's called Dirge of Cerberus.

G SpOtZ
07-24-2006, 08:23 AM
Nope. Stick with the compilation of FF7 and enjoy it.

Sefie1999AD
07-24-2006, 12:50 PM
There are several FFVII spinoffs at the moment, such as Advent Children, Before Crisis and Dirge of Cerberus. If you're looking for a sequel game, though, that would be Dirge of Cerberus, the events of which occur a while after AC's storyline as far as I've heard.

Crossblades
07-24-2006, 04:44 PM
There are several FFVII spinoffs at the moment, such as Advent Children, Before Crisis and Dirge of Cerberus. If you're looking for a sequel game, though, that would be Dirge of Cerberus, the events of which occur a while after AC's storyline as far as I've heard.

It does take place after the events of AC. But the story will deal with Vincent as the main character. And you forgot to add Crisis Core to the compilation;)

chrisfffan
07-24-2006, 07:18 PM
i think they might even remake the old game i know they have denied it but they would be stupid not too they would make mega money! but maybe they should just let it rest what do u think? and would it even work if they re made it if u have played the origional you might be like well that didnt happen and the voices dont sound right you know what i mean? in advent children the voices were quite good the only one i think didnt sound right was Cid i thought he would sound really american

Sefie1999AD
07-24-2006, 07:24 PM
It does take place after the events of AC. But the story will deal with Vincent as the main character. And you forgot to add Crisis Core to the compilation;)

Oh, so there is an FFVII spinoff called Crisis Core? I mentioned AC, BC and DC so I thought there would be CC too, and I was going to say "Crisis Core", but then I wasn't sure if that was a real title or if I had just made the name up myself.

loinharte
07-24-2006, 07:28 PM
i dont think there should be 'cause they'd probaly come up with a gay storyline and ruine FFVII just stick with AC Dirge of Cerbus before crisis and crisis core i think thats good enough

Setzer Gabianni
07-24-2006, 07:36 PM
i dont think there should be 'cause they'd probaly come up with a gay storyline and ruine FFVII just stick with AC Dirge of Cerbus before crisis and crisis core i think thats good enough

They could add in a CloudxSephiroth scenario :)

~Setzer Gabbiani

Jessweeee♪
07-24-2006, 07:48 PM
Any word of re-releasing FFVII? It's hard to find them in the original title offline. (but luckily I have my own)

Crossblades
07-24-2006, 09:32 PM
Oh, so there is an FFVII spinoff called Crisis Core? I mentioned AC, BC and DC so I thought there would be CC too, and I was going to say "Crisis Core", but then I wasn't sure if that was a real title or if I had just made the name up myself.

It exists. It's a cell phone game

Setzer Gabianni
07-24-2006, 10:01 PM
NOOOOO - CC = PSP, BC - Mobile, DoC = PS2

~Setzer Gabbiani

Crop
07-24-2006, 11:05 PM
and ruine FFVII

They ruined it by not leaving it as just one game.

chrisfffan
07-25-2006, 06:56 PM
thanks for all your replys even if they dont re make the game we all know how good it was and still is its probably one of the best games ever! im not sure what it would be like if they re packaged it i would buy it obviously but i dont know if it would be right! heres another thought do u think they should re make 7 8 and 9 as a series i know they wont but wouldnt it be great!

TRANS_AM409
07-26-2006, 12:51 AM
i dont want a sequal i just want a ff7 remake on the ps3

loinharte
07-26-2006, 06:06 PM
and ruine FFVII

They ruined it by not leaving it as just one game.

that is true
now i gotta get CC DoC and BC

TRANS_AM409
07-26-2006, 06:11 PM
it was an awsome game they shouldnt make a sequal and if they do make a remake the beter not change anything but the graphics and put in voice overs.

Spawn of Sephiroth
07-26-2006, 10:21 PM
yeah, they have made enough sequals as it is. i think about the only thing left for them to do that would please the fans, would be to re-release a remake of ff7 on the ps3. that is really all that is to be left of the ff7 craze.

chrisfffan
07-27-2006, 05:50 PM
yea thats what everyone wants a remake with better graphics i would do a poll but i dont know how to do one on here and everyboady would say yes so theirs no point.

Carl the Llama
07-27-2006, 09:34 PM
Any word of re-releasing FFVII? It's hard to find them in the original title offline. (but luckily I have my own)
My local Gamestation is selling VI VII VIII and IX in a bundle pack for £80... if they were selling them seperate (which for some strange unknown reason they wont (iv asked)) I would probly buy VIII again as for some strange reason my disk one isnt working anymore which confuses the hell out of me as the disk is in mint condition without a single scratch on it, and before you say its probly my PS2 iv also got an original Playstation and my PC can also play Playstation games.

Cookie
07-27-2006, 09:41 PM
hope the sequels dont ruin it. look what X-2 did to ffX

Carl the Llama
07-27-2006, 09:55 PM
I dont understand why people dont like FFX-2 I personally think its a great game, light hearted and fun

Crossblades
07-27-2006, 10:24 PM
I dont understand why people dont like FFX-2 I personally think its a great game, light hearted and fun

I agree

Carl the Llama
07-27-2006, 11:01 PM
yea, and people shouldnt be afraid to say so! :D

cloudbuster7
08-12-2006, 03:15 AM

It exists. It's a cell phone game

before crisis is the cell phone game
crisis core is a game for psp starring zack and sephiroth

loinharte
08-14-2006, 07:03 PM
hope the sequels dont ruin it. look what X-2 did to ffX

they will ruin it sequels to FF are not good

Neo_Bahamut11
08-14-2006, 07:51 PM
Yeah i dont really like the idears of sequals i mean they r destroying the story 4 me ok i think it would be cool 2 have 1 b4 with zack and seph but i still think they should leave it i wanna c a remake of the origanal on ps3 i really do i no they wont but it would really bring the magic back 2 the game and i no sevral paople that wont play 7 cuz of the graphics but love 10 and stuff now 2 me it would let them enjoy one of the best games ever made wot i think would be also cool is if they put the orignal ff7 on psp im sure it could handle it and it would be the first long game on psp i mean how great would it be 2 have that game in your pocket were ever u go.

Shiny
08-14-2006, 09:03 PM
That's not a sequel, that's a prequel. So is Before Crisis I think. Advent Children movie is the closest we're going to get to a sequel video-game of FFVII it seems.

Omnislash07
08-15-2006, 01:29 AM
That's not a sequel, that's a prequel. So is Before Crisis I think. Advent Children movie is the closest we're going to get to a sequel video-game of FFVII it seems.

No this is how it goes

Last Order - short anime movie released only in Japan about the
Nibileheim incident

Crisis Core - PSP action RPG staring Zack

Before Crisis - cell phone game released only in Japan centered around the Turks before the events of FF 7

Advent Children - movie set 2 years after the events of FF 7

Dirge of Cerebus - action game staring Vincent Valentine set 3 years after the events of FF 7

so actually Advent Children is the sequel and everything else (except DoC) is a prequel

Also i highly doubt that there will be a remake of FF7 simply because SE will probably assume that they could make more money off of creating a comepletly new game than they would off of remaking an old one, and they would probably be right, so don't hold your breath

Christmas
08-15-2006, 01:42 AM
Cloud will form a singing band with Barret and Cid and dance around the world to look for Aeris.

Rengori
08-15-2006, 02:18 AM
Cloud will form a singing band with Barret and Cid and dance around the world to look for Aeris.
Win.