PDA

View Full Version : 500 years l8tr

crayzee gamr
07-24-2006, 07:56 PM
This is what I don't get. I kno Red XIII will live for hundreds of years but there is something that puzzles me. Near the beginning of the game Prof. Hojo says that Red XIII is the last of his species (and other ppl say that too I just can't remember). How does Red XIII have children when he is all alone in his species?:confused: This needs some explaining or i missed something. Plz tell me if u kno! (if this has been done tell me and i'll close this topic).

Ryushikaze
07-24-2006, 08:23 PM
DIALOGUE UBER ALLES!

Hojo said 'on the verge of extinction', and Red was being mopey.

That he has kids is evidence ENOUGH that there are more of his kind.

Besides, Bugen even tells him there are more.

Distain
07-25-2006, 01:10 AM
maybe Red's A-Sexual:D ... Man that would suck...

Levian
07-25-2006, 01:12 AM
Did the game mention what happened to his mother? I'm just saying...

Zeromus_X
07-25-2006, 02:00 AM
Didn't she die when the Gi attacked? I dunno, it's been awhile.

BustaMo
07-25-2006, 05:33 AM
Some spoilers below about Nanaki's past:

Yeah the only one who ever makes a reference to Nanakai being the last of his species is...Nanaki himself. But Bugenhagen makes references that there are others like Nanaki somewhere in the world.

As for Nanami's mother, the Gi tribe attack is probably the best guess. I don't think it was mentioned about his mother at all. Just that 40 years ago the peaceful tribe living in Cosmo Canyon is attacked by the violent Gi tribe. Seto, Red's dad, protects the Canyon by going through a secret passage, and succeeds in holding off the Gi tribe, but in the end is pierced by their petrifying arrows and turns to stone. The Canyon tribe, including Seto's son, Nanaki, believes Seto turned tail and fled. Only Seto's father-in-law, Bugenhagen, knows the truth.

Then, 500 years later, Red XIII and his grandchildren climb to the top of Cosmo Canyon and look at the ruins of Midgar, now covered in greenery and forest.

G SpOtZ
07-25-2006, 05:54 AM
I was gonna say something like that. Maybe a bit more witty, though.

Thorn
07-25-2006, 10:21 AM
Hey here's a question. How can Red's grandfather be a human? Or w/e bugenhagan is.

G SpOtZ
07-25-2006, 10:34 AM
Hey here's a question. How can Red's grandfather be a human? Or w/e bugenhagan is.
I don't think they're blood-related. I don't know what the hell he is though. No legs... floats around... Wtf. I would try to trip Boogy (Bugenhagen) just to see if I can. Or like... I'd cast demi on him. Hah!

"Take that gramps! Yeah, you thought you couldn't hit the floor, you thought you couldn't fall. EAT DIRT!"

Cruise Control
07-25-2006, 10:44 AM
Dude what kind of fan are you everyone knows Cait Sith is male and female at the same time.

G SpOtZ
07-25-2006, 10:46 AM
Cait Sith gives "sex doll" a whole new meaning.

Crop
07-25-2006, 10:53 AM
Bugenhagen says something along the lines of: Who knows, you may even find your lifes mate.

G SpOtZ
07-25-2006, 10:58 AM
Bugenhagen says something along the lines of: Who knows, you may even find your lifes mate.
Bugenhagen is also a fat floating man with no legs, and watches pretty stars for a living. He has a secret chamber that children try to open, and he opens it for them if they ask nicely enough and pulls a Michael Jackson on their asses. Literally?

What do you expect from a poor man in the canyons?

DoaJ
07-25-2006, 11:40 AM
[QUOTE=crop]He has a secret chamber that children try to open, and he opens it for them if they ask nicely enough and pulls a Michael Jackson on their asses. Literally?

What do you expect from a poor man in the canyons?

I think thats the second time you've made me cry.

Levian
07-25-2006, 01:01 PM
G SpOtZ knows his /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif.

crayzee gamr
07-25-2006, 10:07 PM
wow so many replies! I haven't played the game in awhile so i forgot some things... but thanx for answering ppl.
Oh and Cait Sith is a robot, he (She?) can't produce offspring (unless there is some strange mechanism inside Cait Sith that can do that:confused: ).

TRANS_AM409
07-25-2006, 11:25 PM
He's not his blood grandfather he's like his grand pa though cause he raised him caus red's parents died in the gi attack and he cant call him dad cause hes old as dino turds

Fonzie
07-25-2006, 11:52 PM
He's not his blood grandfather he's like his grand pa though cause he raised him caus red's parents died in the gi attack and he cant call him dad cause hes old as dino turds

Woah wait a minute, i've heard Man raised by wolf, but Wolf raised by Man well, your just destroying my preception of reality.

TRANS_AM409
07-25-2006, 11:57 PM
i know its like weird kinda like the twilight zone but in color

abrojtm
07-26-2006, 12:03 AM
As for Red XIII's mother, she died during the Gi onslaught. Nanaki had thought that his mother had fought bravely defending the canyon while Seto fled in terror, but they were both killed.

There is obviously some way that he had children, it leaves the ending open for interpretation, and adds an element of surprise.

Also, Grandfather is sort of an affectionate term to call elders in Japan. Sort of like some people call good family friends Aunt or something.

TRANS_AM409
07-26-2006, 12:38 AM
i think that red thought he was the last one of his kind (probably why he was allways depressrd know in hes never gettin none man) but he fond others of his species.

Cruise Control
07-26-2006, 10:36 AM
he (She?) can't produce offspring (unless there is some strange mechanism inside Cait Sith that can do thatBut that mog can, and let me say that is one sexy mog, I'd smack that.

TRANS_AM409
07-26-2006, 05:31 PM
he (She?) can't produce offspring (unless there is some strange mechanism inside Cait Sith that can do thatBut that mog can, and let me say that is one sexy mog, I'd smack that.
OAKY that is a little weird but hey whatever floats your boat.

Distain
07-26-2006, 09:41 PM
I was gonna say something like that. Maybe a bit more witty, though.

yes well we can't all be as witty as you all the time G:greenie:

Rengori
07-26-2006, 10:04 PM
This is how Red had children.
http://img281.imageshack.us/img281/2996/muwas8lee8oy.jpg (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=89212)
The end.

TRANS_AM409
07-27-2006, 12:58 AM
ha i read a story that was very simalar to that pic but its not quite apropriate to post here i might get into trouble.

G SpOtZ
07-27-2006, 03:12 AM
You got somethin against mogs? I'll have you know, mogs are a very sophisticated race. They basically built our world. Haven't you taken history yet?

Besides... I'm with Mr. Nosebleed. Cait Sith's mog is fiiiiine. Ooh baby, gimme a side of fried chocobo wings with that. Mmmm.

Big D
07-27-2006, 05:32 AM
http://img281.imageshack.us/img281/2996/muwas8lee8oy.jpg (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=89212)
The end.I've always wondered... just what, exactly, is up with all that Yuffie x Nanaki speculation out there? :p

TRANS_AM409
07-27-2006, 05:47 AM
i know you would think if they did it his seed would be lost or at least hybrid freak babys that got ridiculed in school.

Rengori
07-27-2006, 06:30 AM
The end.I've always wondered... just what, exactly, is up with all that Yuffie x Nanaki speculation out there? :p
I don't know, I just thought it was funny.

crayzee gamr
07-30-2006, 02:33 AM
You got somethin against mogs? I'll have you know, mogs are a very sophisticated race. They basically built our world. Haven't you taken history yet?

Besides... I'm with Mr. Nosebleed. Cait Sith's mog is fiiiiine. Ooh baby, gimme a side of fried chocobo wings with that. Mmmm.
They edit the moogle parts out of history books so that we can never find out the truth about the world.

nik0tine
08-15-2006, 02:18 AM
Remember that scene with Aeris?

Edit: /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif this thread is dead.

crayzee gamr
08-15-2006, 04:36 PM
Remember that scene with Aeris?

Edit: /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif this thread is dead.
I kno I want to close it but I never have done that here so I don't kno how so can someone tell me how or close it PLZ?! (ha I'm uch a n00b).
Can somone close this PLZ?