PDA

View Full Version : After you die...

Distain
07-25-2006, 12:52 AM
I have been thinking latley what will happen when i die. People in the hospitalo that die and then are brought back say that they seen a white light. Now is that heaven, or just the lights in the hospital? And I don't really believe in God, so if there is one, dose that mean that I'm screwd? Or do you simply float around in limbo? Or do you get reincarnated as another person or animale. Or maybe you just sit in your dark, silent cofin, aware that you are dead but unable to move... I'm rather confused, and don't know what to believe anymore. It's not like I really fear death, I mean it's coming eventuly and you can't stop it, but I just can't help btu be curios as to what will happen, you know? What do you think:confused:

Levian
07-25-2006, 12:55 AM
Distain is the life of the party.

Maybe a flower will lighten the mood: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/levia/flower.gif

Venom
07-25-2006, 12:56 AM
I dont know what to tell you, I've never died.:confused:

Craig
07-25-2006, 12:57 AM
I don't like the idea of an afterlife and would rather to just be dead when I die. I imagine I'll feel different on my death bed though.

LunarWeaver
07-25-2006, 12:58 AM
This answer will probly be different for everybody. I guess you just gotta settle on an answer yourself. I plan on going to the farplane because it has waterfalls.

G SpOtZ
07-25-2006, 12:59 AM
I'm the kind of person that doesn't worry about it. Sure, I think about it, but not too hard, because it won't do me any good. I have the attitude of, "I'll find out when it happens." I just live life for what it is.

strawberryman
07-25-2006, 01:00 AM
I'm the kind of person that doesn't worry about it. Sure, I think about it, but not too hard, because it won't do me any good. I have the attitude of, "I'll find out when it happens." I just live life for what it is.

Words to live by.

Ashley Schovitz
07-25-2006, 01:02 AM

Words to live by.

I quote, only thinking about it will make you sad.

Fonzie
07-25-2006, 01:02 AM
My child EoFFer's go to a special part of heaven. Called Cloud 9.

Mum
07-25-2006, 01:35 AM
Hasn't anyone had the balls to tell you this? No wonder the world's going up the creek without a paddle!

Humans have a soul. When your body dies you will confront your maker, God and you will have to account for your actions during your life. If you have given your heart to him and got to know him, then because Jesus died to atone for things you've done wrong (intentionally or unintentionally) then these are covered (paid for, freely) by Jesus' death. You will be welcomed into your Fathers house to live in fellowship with him forever (good feast waiting too!). If you don't know him yet, then I suggest you do, because if you are not "covered" then you will have to spend eternity away from the presence of God.

You can find out about God in the Bible (the new testament is best to explain things) or ask a Christian friend to explain. I was a staunch atheist in my teens, with excellent explanations against all things to do with the bible until someone challenged me to prove or unprove it. I did my research, and the proof overwhelmed me into admitting there was a God, Jesus existed and died for me, and that the bible is truth. Any book by Josh McDowell such as "Evidence that demands a verdict" or "Jesus, Lord, Liar or Lunatic?" will help you decide.

Cheers.

Distain
07-25-2006, 01:50 AM

Yay flowers!! No worrys people, I'm not a deepresd emo kid or somthing, just curious 'bout you're thoughts on it. :D And thats a great outlook on life G spotz, think I'l try to start thinking that way too..

Doomie
07-25-2006, 01:53 AM
BoB's MuM totally posted.

Madonna
07-25-2006, 01:58 AM
Phoenix down for the win. If your friends are true friends, you never shall die, so do not worry about it! :|

Cheers.

Madame Adequate
07-25-2006, 01:59 AM
I mean it's coming eventuly and you can't stop it

We need to abandon this defeatist attitude. We can conquer death, and one day we will conquer death. The only question is do we start down the road today, and lose ten billion people on the way, or start down the road in fifty years time and lose twenty billion?

G SpOtZ
07-25-2006, 02:04 AM
Phoenix down for the win. If your friends are true friends, you never shall die, so do not worry about it! :|

Cheers.
\`,

If only phoenix downs could revive the dead... but they don't. They get the KO'ed back up and running. Nice try though! =D

Zeromus_X
07-25-2006, 02:08 AM
Eternal sleep. Eternal respite.

Dr Unne
07-25-2006, 02:14 AM
There should be enough to keep you busy in life without having to worry about death. Personally I don't care about my death. I'll be dead, so I don't suppose I'll be around to worry after the fact either.

There's no reason to believe there's any life after life. Given that we know that a person's body disintegrates after death, and that a person's body has at least something to do with mental functions, there's good reason to believe that there are no mental functions after you die.

Why would you associate a dying person's memory of a white light with death or an afterlife, let alone with any god? I imagine when my brain starts to shut down I'll experience all sorts of things. Or I'll imagine I did, when you jump-start my brain afterwards. If you cough in the dark, you'll see a bright flash of light sometimes. Is that God too?

Kefka_Almighty
07-25-2006, 02:31 AM
Being a Christian (albeit a Kierkegaardian one, and with unorthodox views at that), I believe in the idea of an eternal soul that will eventually be sent either to Heaven or to Hell, depending on the relationship held by God. I won't say any more on the matter, as that'll risk it turning into a religious/theological debate, which this thread isn't necessarily meant to be.

farplaner
07-25-2006, 03:13 AM
Hasn't anyone had the balls to tell you this? No wonder the world's going up the creek without a paddle!

Humans have a soul. When your body dies you will confront your maker, God and you will have to account for your actions during your life. If you have given your heart to him and got to know him, then because Jesus died to atone for things you've done wrong (intentionally or unintentionally) then these are covered (paid for, freely) by Jesus' death. You will be welcomed into your Fathers house to live in fellowship with him forever (good feast waiting too!). If you don't know him yet, then I suggest you do, because if you are not "covered" then you will have to spend eternity away from the presence of God.

This is what you believe. Don't state it as undeniable fact...
though I agree with you, Kefka. I don't want to turn this into a debate.

Personally, I believe that when I die everything will turn into mashed potatoes....I mean everything! Water, your pet dog, lightening bolts, ABBA CD's, everything. Even raw potatoes will turn into mashed potatoes. YAY!! :D

Fonzie
07-25-2006, 03:55 AM

This is what you believe. Don't state it as undeniable fact...
though I agree with you, Kefka. I don't want to turn this into a debate.

Personally, I believe that when I die everything will turn into mashed potatoes....I mean everything! Water, your pet dog, lightening bolts, ABBA CD's, everything. Even raw potatoes will turn into mashed potatoes. YAY!! :D

YOU dare defie MuM. She is to us what Jenova is to Sephiroth O_o

Prepare for http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/2720/coollogocom188686047lq7.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Yamaneko
07-25-2006, 04:02 AM
Why do people want to keep on living for eternity? That would be freaking boring. I'll enjoy what I have now and when I'm gone, I'm gone.

Kefka_Almighty
07-25-2006, 04:09 AM
Hey, we all defecate ourselves when we die. Can't we all at least agree, and laugh, on that?

rubah
07-25-2006, 05:22 AM
If you can't state your beliefs as fact, then you can't believe in them very strongly. The trick is to not deny others their ability to state *their* beliefs as fact :p

I agree with Mum.

Shiny
07-25-2006, 05:33 AM
I want my gravestone to read:

I died and all I got was this stupid gravestone.

Rusty
07-25-2006, 12:30 PM
If you can't state your beliefs as fact, then you can't believe in them very strongly. The trick is to not deny others their ability to state *their* beliefs as fact :p

I agree with Mum.

I agree with rubah and Mum.

Christmas
07-25-2006, 12:39 PM
We will travel to the farplane and be part of the lifestream. :bigsmile:

Madame Adequate
07-25-2006, 01:02 PM
Why do people want to keep on living for eternity? That would be freaking boring. I'll enjoy what I have now and when I'm gone, I'm gone.

You act as if the universe is static. There'd always be new things to see - it's quite unlikely that anyone would actually experience everything, and see everything, before the universe ends in one way or another.

drunkymonkey
07-25-2006, 01:05 PM
Why do people want to keep on living for eternity? That would be freaking boring. I'll enjoy what I have now and when I'm gone, I'm gone.'s true.

It'd be cool to live life very fast though, so you could see empires rise and fall, and stuff like that.

GooeyToast
07-25-2006, 01:09 PM
It's not like I really fear death, I mean it's coming eventuly and you can't stop it, but I just can't help btu be curios as to what will happen, you know? What do you think:confused:

Well, why don't you shoot yourself and find out :bigsmile:

daggertrepe
07-25-2006, 02:26 PM

You can find out about God in the Bible (the new testament is best to explain things) or ask a Christian friend to explain. I was a staunch atheist in my teens, with excellent explanations against all things to do with the bible until someone challenged me to prove or unprove it. I did my research, and the proof overwhelmed me into admitting there was a God, Jesus existed and died for me, and that the bible is truth. Any book by Josh McDowell such as "Evidence that demands a verdict" or "Jesus, Lord, Liar or Lunatic?" will help you decide.

Cheers.

True that. :D

Rocket Edge
07-25-2006, 02:31 PM
YOU dare defie MuM. She is to us what Jenova is to Sephiroth O_o

Prepare for http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/2720/coollogocom188686047lq7.gif (http://imageshack.us)
Erm, i believe what Mum said was true, although the point that farplaner made was in my opinion a fair one.

Rye
07-25-2006, 02:38 PM
We will travel to the farplane and be part of the lifestream. :bigsmile:

Let's be pyreflies~

Though seriously, I do believe that once you're dead, you are just dead, as Unne said. That's why you should live your life to the fullest, because it's the only life you have. I personally think it's foolish to waste your life worrying about what happens when you die, or waste your life and feel justified in that, because your "afterlife" will be great due to your sacrifice of not living as you want to live, as per some religions. But whatever floats your boat. If that makes you happy, then do it. :)

Zante
07-25-2006, 02:40 PM
Noone knows what will come after death, or if there even is something after it. For now, we can only wait and see. I personaly think there is no use in woriing about it, cause theres nothing we can do about it anyways.

About the white light, I don't remeber the details, but somewhere I read that it is caused by some chemicals being released upon death. Those chemicals also cause people to feel in bliss when experiencing clinical death.

Alive-Cat
07-25-2006, 02:47 PM
We need to abandon this defeatist attitude. We can conquer death, and one day we will conquer death. The only question is do we start down the road today, and lose ten billion people on the way, or start down the road in fifty years time and lose twenty billion?
I think preventing people from ever dying is against everything natural, and is just plain weird anyway. :(

Zante
07-25-2006, 03:01 PM
I think preventing people from ever dying is against everything natural, and is just plain weird anyway.

Why is being unatural a bad thing? A lot of the things we use every day could be considered unatural. If people in the past looked at things like this, we would still be diing from flu.

Distain
07-25-2006, 07:33 PM
It's not like I really fear death, I mean it's coming eventuly and you can't stop it, but I just can't help btu be curios as to what will happen, you know? What do you think:confused:

Well, why don't you shoot yourself and find out :bigsmile:

Curious, but not that curious:bigsmile:

To fear Death is to limit Life