PDA

View Full Version : Dungeons and Dragons

Cruise Control
07-25-2006, 06:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmRNBSxxxSk&NR
Discuss.

Zeromus_X
07-25-2006, 06:44 AM
It was cute, if not in poor taste. Unfortunately, no matter how many times I try, I'll never grasp how to play this game. It's too complicated for me.

Edit: Oh god, the people on YouTube are so smurfing retarded.

I Took the Red Pill
07-25-2006, 06:57 AM
That's why I love Reno 911.

Xaven
07-25-2006, 07:02 AM
The fact that that's real saddens me. Have they truly lost their grip on reality? D:

I wish I had boots of escaping. ;__;

Shoeberto
07-25-2006, 07:03 AM
Those D&D clips with Patton Oswalt are pretty classic.

This would be better in the Lounge, though.

And what is it with everyone deciding that if they see a funny YouTube video it deems a thread with the only topic being "Discuss."? There's really nothing to discuss other than posts of "Oh man that's so funny." Gonna have to crack down! Thuggin' love style.

Kirobaito
07-25-2006, 07:08 AM
Oh, geez, that's hilarious.

A friend of mine from high school asked me to play a lot, and I've just never been able to make myself do it. Though I doubt their games result in someone getting shot by an arrow. I wonder now whether they wear armor like that when they play.

Cruise Control
07-25-2006, 07:17 AM
And what is it with everyone deciding that if they see a funny YouTube video it deems a thread with the only topic being "Discuss."? There's really nothing to discuss other than posts of "Oh man that's so funny." Gonna have to crack down! Thuggin' love style.
They can discuss D&D OR the video. But people don't get it and only discuss the movie.

Zeromus_X
07-25-2006, 07:33 AM
What is so hard to understand that not everyone who plays this game is one of the people who take it too far? This stuff doesn't even happen anyway. I know a ton of people who play D&D and don't fit into this 'nerd' stereotype that everyone seems to have in their little heads. Things like that piss me off (especially some of the retarded comments by the geniuses at YouTube).

Of course, Reno911 isn't the most intelligent show in the world anyway.

Nominus Experse
07-25-2006, 01:01 PM
What is so hard to understand that not everyone who plays this game is one of the people who take it too far? This stuff doesn't even happen anyway. I know a ton of people who play D&D and don't fit into this 'nerd' stereotype that everyone seems to have in their little heads. Things like that piss me off (especially some of the retarded comments by the geniuses at YouTube).

Amen, Zeromus X

Arrianna
07-25-2006, 07:02 PM
:laugh: Well put. Anyone who thought that was real please raise your hand?

... and if it did happen that would be LARP'ing (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LARP), not D&D. (Since safety waviers are always signed at LARP's there would be no arrest either.) Next question, anyone who has LARP'ed please raise your hand?

<-only knows people who have.

Shoeberto
07-25-2006, 07:10 PM
Geeze. I have a friend who's probably spent no less than $500 on D&D books and supplies these past few years and he even thought that was hilarious when it first came on. You can't be a geek without being at least a little self-deprecating.

Tasura
07-25-2006, 09:43 PM
I want to LARP, but my area of well, the province doesnt do anything fun, at all =( Though, there is the occasional D&D/M:TG night. And Ive never actually watched Reno 911.

fantasyjunkie
07-26-2006, 05:16 AM
oh man, D&D. I started playing that when in 1980, about 26 years ago. I still have my original manuals too.

The Unknown Guru
07-26-2006, 05:19 PM

Agreed. I play D&D, and nobody ever guesses unless I tell them.

Rengori
07-28-2006, 05:18 AM
Oh my god, what a retard.

Markus. D
07-28-2006, 05:27 AM
nothings wrong with playing it.

its a board* game, leave it be :]

treat all as equals.

Rengori
07-28-2006, 05:29 AM
Well, yeah, nothing's wrong with playing it (I usually go to prelease tournaments at Dale'z), But shooting your friend with an arrow because he failed a saving throw seems pretty retarded. Then when he tried to run away...

Sylvie
07-28-2006, 05:53 AM
People know that video isn't real, right? Its a COPS spoof called Reno 911.

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-28-2006, 06:36 AM
There are some D&D gamers who do get really into it. Just like there are some people who go out and kill someone after playing GTA. It's the same basic principle, a bunch of people who have serious problems, and would have these problems no matter what they're into.

ValkyrieWing
07-29-2006, 05:30 AM
I play D&D...and I have done LARP...but I'm not a psycho about it...Just because I play FF dosen't mean I'm going to stab someone with a sword...no matter how tempting it may be. ^_^