PDA

View Full Version : Connection Theories Please

count_of_gaea
07-25-2006, 07:18 AM
Hi guys, this is a little project that I'm doing...actually, it's huge. I'm linking all of the final fantasies together into one giant plot. They don't necessarily go in order (except the X and VII sequels/prequels). I would love your ideas everyone! Please if you have a possible plotline connection between any two final fantasy games, I would love you to post it here. NOTE: By posting your ideas here, that means you have given me permission to use it in my project. But don't worry, I will put your name/nickname in my credits section. PLEASE: Don't post negative things here. People love to tell me that this is a waste of time and there is no way they could be linked...I really don't care for people telling me that, so, please refrain. Cheers.

G SpOtZ
07-25-2006, 07:24 AM
Connections, huh? None of them are really valid... But you might notice that all (at least, I think all...) of the FFs have some kind of connection with "crystals". Although, some of the plots of FFs don't have crystals in them, but you can fit them in. For example, in FFVII, you see rocks and a light, and maybe some rocks that look like crystals in the Northern Cave. You could somehow fit that in. FFVIII, it looks like there's some kind of light or crystal in the middle of the Lunatic Pandora. Also in FFVIII, you can see glowing crystals deep in the Deep Sea Deposit, and you can't avoid the monsters. There was a theory pertaining to this that connects FF3 and FF8, but you'll have to look around for that. It's quite a good one.
In FFIX, you find out that the crystal is what holds all existance, and once it is broken, all existance ends. That's something to keep in mind.
Otherwise, I don't really know. I'm sure you could find some interesting little things that you could twist.

Zeromus_X
07-25-2006, 07:30 AM
The only FFs truly connected are VII's world and Spira. And even then they don't follow the same rules and were made years apart from eachother. Witty guy, that Nojima.

As for helping you, yeah, Crystals are usually a part of the plot (whether they be Materia or Magicite or something else). And everything G SpOtZ mentioned.

But in truth, none of them are connected other than themes, and shared elements.

count_of_gaea
07-25-2006, 07:34 AM
Thanks dude, that's what I'm looking for.