PDA

View Full Version : Napoleon Dynamite

Hambone
07-25-2006, 09:32 AM
I think they should make a second one. It'd be some awesome if they did. What do think?

Zeromus_X
07-25-2006, 10:21 AM
Eh, it was alright. It wasn't as great as some people seem to revere it as...(yes, revere it.)

A sequel? Well, what would it be about? The first one wasn't really about anything, so I guess the second one wouldn't be about any particular thing as well. But I probably wouldn't be interested in a sequel.

Craig
07-25-2006, 11:48 AM
Just another week in Napoleon's crazy life.

Or, maybe a prequel set in Alaska telling the heartbreaking tale of when he shot 50 Wolverines with a 12 gauge to save his cousins?

Dreddz
07-25-2006, 11:50 AM
I love Napoleon Dynamite, had me laid back chuckling like a was 5 stone overweight...
Oh, and about the sequel, nahh, dont wanna spoil the first movie.

Venom
07-25-2006, 02:53 PM
GOD NO.

Flying Mullet
07-25-2006, 02:57 PM
No reason to. The first one is overrated. Why make another one?

Dark Angel From Heaven
07-25-2006, 03:09 PM
I think they should make a second one. It'd be some awesome if they did. What do think?
dude i loved this movie, it was funny

hey napoleon what are you gona do today?

WHATEVER I FREAKING FEEL LIKE GOSH!! lmao

they shuld too, id see it.

everytime he talks he closes his eyes

Shoeberto
07-25-2006, 07:34 PM
dude i loved this movie, it was funny

hey napoleon what are you gona do today?

WHATEVER I FREAKING FEEL LIKE GOSH!! lmao

they shuld too, id see it.

everytime he talks he closes his eyes
Part of the problem with this film can be seen in this post.

You can't bring it up in the slightest without people referencing it, and referencing the worst one-liners from it. It could be that oversaturation of one-liners caused the film to stop being funny, but it's hard telling. All I know is that my sophomore year in chemistry sucked because I had a douchebag sit in front of me who would quote that movie all day everyday, and people around him would just giggle and go along with it.

I can watch the movie, but I can't stand people referencing it.

No sequel.

Rye
07-25-2006, 07:36 PM
For this movie, a sequal could actually work. What plot could they possibly ruin from the first one? There WAS no plot. It'd just be Napoleon craziness, like the first one. I wouldn't mind a sequal at all. :)

Madame Adequate
07-25-2006, 07:41 PM
For this movie, a sequal could actually work. What plot could they possibly ruin from the first one? There WAS no plot. It'd just be Napoleon craziness, like the first one. I wouldn't mind a sequal at all. :)

There's no 'a' in sequel, dear. :p

But I agree with Jessirye. How could you ruin it? It's not exactly got a vast backlog of canon.

NorthernChaosGod
07-26-2006, 07:39 AM
I think the movie was horrible. I don't see how anyone finds it so funny, I thought it was lame when I first watched it. Glad I waited until I could watch it at someone's house on DVD.

The Unknown Guru
07-26-2006, 05:29 PM
No sequel. That would ruin the originality of the thing. I love that movie, but I don't wanna spend another 7.5 hours memorizing half the lines again.

Flying Mullet
07-26-2006, 05:36 PM
<center>http://www.geocities.com/chadmonkey/napoleon.gif</center>

lovehurts
07-26-2006, 06:37 PM
I never sawt. It is too poppular at my school and that makes it less interesting and exciting to me off the bat. It is talked about too much and I have never even seen it. I love movies I love a good laugh but all the sophmores in the high school I once went to already ran it into the ground before I saw it. I never cared enough about it to even try it . There is a chance that I might like it though I really cant say. Now that Im in college it would probabally be a reatrded immature movie just like farris beuler Another over rated film.

farplaner
07-28-2006, 02:04 PM
I never sawt. It is too poppular at my school and that makes it less interesting and exciting to me off the bat. It is talked about too much and I have never even seen it. I love movies I love a good laugh but all the sophmores in the high school I once went to already ran it into the ground before I saw it. I never cared enough about it to even try it . There is a chance that I might like it though I really cant say. Now that Im in college it would probabally be a reatrded immature movie just like farris beuler Another over rated film.

I agree with those who say it's overrated. I would suggest not bothering, especially considering that you think the Farris Beuler movie was overrated (it was a helluva' lot better than "dynamite"). There were a couple of momentary chuckles, but nothing that, to me, gives it the "semi-instant classic" status that so many seem to think it deserves.

Tavrobel
07-28-2006, 03:59 PM
Please, dear God, no. I enjoyed the first one, simply because it is about nothing. Don't take that away from me. By adding a plot, you add dimension and depth. As though I needed more complicated things in my life as of now.

Fuego
07-28-2006, 09:57 PM
i liked a couple of parts but could care less about the rest ... a sequal ... whatever,
as long as pedro is in it ... (fav. character)

BakerMan
08-01-2006, 03:13 AM
It was a great movie, I loved the fact that it had absolutely no point to it, it seemed like you could "relax" or something. As for a sequel, no way, it might ruin the first movie.

topnotchwholesaledotcom
08-01-2006, 04:57 AM
The movie was great because it was not the same as every other movie it is good to see something without a point to it.

lovehurts
08-01-2006, 04:58 AM
Still havent seen it but I still wouldnt want a sequel . Hollywood is making too many sequels.