PDA

View Full Version : RPG Maker 3

BG-57
07-25-2006, 04:05 PM
Anyone have this? Have you been working on your own RPG? I'd love to hear about it.

I must admit I'm a sucker for this series. I wonder if people in the video game industry got so tired of hearing people complain about lousy RPGs, they said: 'Here! Go and make your own!'

I'm well underway in making my own but I made a critical mistake by not using the prefab story Dear Brave Heart as the basis for my own. You can change everything in their story, inclduing titles and location and still use their monster database. I tried doing everything from scratch and it's tough. :eep:

Venom
07-25-2006, 04:12 PM
I bought it but I'm far too lazy to actually try and figure it out.

JaytodaP
07-25-2006, 04:21 PM
I got it way back in september. Its just like 1 and 2 combined but you dont have much customization and it can get boring. I made one about the internet where you fight AOL. One of the enemies is Foreign Customer Service. Their special attack is Babble Like AN Idiot or something like that. I just wish you could share them without loaning the game or memory card.

oddler
07-25-2006, 10:58 PM
I don't have RPG Maker 3; I have RPG Maker XP for windows. Yes, I agree that it's totally awesomesauce. I'm currently working on a project dated for a trial release in early August. Click the link in my sig to show the thread. The idea of making a game where you make your own game was just plain heavenly.

BG-57
07-26-2006, 02:25 AM
I also have RPG Maker 1. It was fun to play with but making a game with even decent length took a lot of typing and coding. Not the most user-friendly series. But I love the idea of custom-building my own world.

My game is called the Crimson Cadre, and I'm trying for a old-fashioned RPG feel. A young woman from a floating country called Aetheria travels to a cursed land called Effluvia to save it from three monsters. But the monsters are controlled by a more sinister force. Sounds pretty hokey but you recruit the monsters to form the party.

Markus. D
07-26-2006, 09:20 AM
My game is called Lavender Signum (or... Purple Seal if your boring), it features Youtube Director AzuMichi in some of the voice acting parts of the main character :].

I wont give away to much plot, but I am making a Tragedy story (inspired from Drakengard 2, not the actual plot, just the basis of it being Tragic and Twisted).

the Hero(actually, Heroine to be specific)

Azuki:
Age - 18
Gender - Female
Orientation of Training - Various Spellcasting arts throughout the ages, her most influencial being her teacher of the Celestial Arts, she tries to forget those times.

anything else I say is a spoiler that I do NOT want to give away.