PDA

View Full Version : Damage to Animals (and other annoying laws)

Skyblade
07-25-2006, 04:39 PM
While looking in the FFTA hate thread, I noticed several people complaining about the difficulty/unfairness of some of the laws, particularly the Damage to Animals law. I thought I'd create this thread to share some tactics to win against evil laws, even if you don't have the cards to stop them.

Assuming you get into a battle with unfavorable laws, such as a battle against an entirely monster clan while Damage to Animals is in play, all is not lost. The laws do not fully protect your enemies. No matter what laws are put into play, they will never penalize you for reaction abilities, so it is possible to win by focusing on defense and letting your units with Counter and Strikeback retaliate the enemy to death. Also, Damage to Animals only protects against offensive actions to animals. A Beastmaster's Control is not penalized. So you can control an enemy monster, and use it to attack other enemy monsters! Also, since the controlled monster is breaking the law, it will receive cards, and can be removed from battle, but with no cost to you!

That's all for right now, but post more laws you have troubles with, and I'll give advice on how to get around them. You can also post your own strategies and ideas for negating those pesky laws.

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-25-2006, 05:41 PM
I ALWAYS carry a card to negate that law. Usually two or three.

tailz
07-25-2006, 06:18 PM
same here

rest are mostly r1/r6 antilaws

Yuffie514
07-27-2006, 12:22 AM
i would avoid a set of laws that i may not want to comply with (Holy/Berserk/Katana, etc). i just take a little stroll until the next set of laws is up. i like this idea, but now i also have a reason to discard my collection, xD...

ValkyrieWing
07-27-2006, 03:25 AM
I just walked away if I didn't like the laws...But hey! I an use my cards now!

horyo
07-27-2006, 06:32 AM
Thank you! Control really aided me!

Nominus Experse
07-27-2006, 08:06 AM
The worst laws were the ones that came in the very begining of the game, because at that point, the available options to circumnavigate them or very, very few. You have no cards, your characters aren't leveled enough, in either sense, and for those that are through their first play-thru, it's incredibly difficult if you're hit with a No Damage to Animals, Fight, or Copycat.

That is the worst part, when concerning laws, as your options are next to nil. Other than that, the ability to circumnavigate the laws is quite easy, and the laws can many times be played to your advantage.

f f freak
07-27-2006, 12:08 PM
it's incredibly difficult if you're hit with a No Damage to Animals, Fight, or Copycat.

If you get hit with a fight law then use the juggle ability firebomb. The enemies will send themselves to jail.

Roto13
07-28-2006, 06:56 PM
I just wander don't get into battles with laws I don't like.

f f freak
07-28-2006, 10:48 PM
What I was making mention of was that laws are at their worst in the very begining of the game(missions 1-15). I say this because at that point, you have very few abilities, and even fewer that allow you to circumnavigate the laws laid out before you.

And really, you would have to of mastered two Thief abilites in order to get the Juggler, and then obtain the Khukuri in order to learn Firebomb. If I recall, the Khukuri isn't readily available at the begining of the game, so that complicates things further.

You would have to recieve 200 AP points minimum in order to become a Juggler, and as I think you can't immediately get the Khukuri, it's more likely to be 300 AP. It's not incredibly difficult, but all the same, for the first five or so fights, it will be difficult to circumnavigate laws.

However, your mentioned idea is a good strategy if you do in fact have the ability and are devoid of having any antilaws and whatnot in store. It just seems unlikely at an very early point in the game, when laws are at that their most notorius level.

I had a juggler very early. I had learnt two theif abilities before the clan wars and I got the Khuruki as a random battle item but the random battle item was luck really.

boys from the dwarf
08-02-2006, 10:32 AM
if you always carry an r1,r2,r3,r4,r5 and an r 6 antilaw or carry as many of these as you can, laws shouldn't bother you. carry all of those antilaws that negate annoying oes like techniques, skills and colour magic.

Fireblade13
08-02-2006, 12:11 PM
The laws are easy at the beggining.
1. No clans so you have free movement
2. Most laws really don't matter cause you don't have the ability's.

D2:animal is the worst, but holy and healing are insane! Skills, Tech is an easy one as you just don't put any1 in with that action type

Cruise Control ^_^
08-12-2006, 04:52 PM
Petrify works too, I think.

Gilthanes
08-12-2006, 08:44 PM
Yeah if I came into a battle against Animals with the Damage to Animals card in effect, I'd put make sure Counter is up and put them right in their face and just keep them healed.

Your strategy about controlling enemy units to break the law and get them removed is an awesome strategy I hadnt thought of before, good on ya man