PDA

View Full Version : If you could fall, fall away, would you do it every day?

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
07-25-2006, 07:24 PM
Hah. Yeah. So here is the real topic. I have been given 3 new computers. They all are fairly good ones too. Now, the best one, the one I want to replace the one I have now with, has no operating system.

Any suggestions as to what I should install? Other than Windows, of course.

bipper
07-25-2006, 07:27 PM
slackware.

www.linxiso.org - this will point you to a page full of different linux distros.
www.slackware.com Slackwares homepage

The oldest surviving linux distro with a great deal of effort put into stability and power.
There are tons of other linux distros, and I will just wait for the people who use the others
to point em out.

Bipper

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
07-25-2006, 07:33 PM
Yeah, I actually use linux right now. I was thinking maybe Fedora Core 5 for my new one, but I want to know what you guys use so I can compare.

bipper
07-25-2006, 07:36 PM
Yeah, I actually use linux right now. I was thinking maybe Fedora Core 5 for my new one, but I want to know what you guys use so I can compare.

I have a web server running fedora core for the hell of it. Well, I am using red hat at work, so I wanted somthing cheap and similar. I am not a huge fan, though it has its uses. I tis slow, clunky, and is basically Red Hats dirty red headed step child. Not too cool. I would reccommend somthing else as your future linux enevour.

Slack!

Bipper

Psydekick
07-25-2006, 07:46 PM
Windows XP, Mac OS X is worth a go but there are a few fucntions such as Right Click, Save Target as that dont exisit on it

Loony BoB
07-25-2006, 08:05 PM
I think that's the first time that Sora! has made me totally limh.

Alive-Cat
07-25-2006, 08:43 PM
I...I wish I had been given three new computers. I got given one about 4 years ago which was crap then and is crap now. :(

Psydekick
07-25-2006, 09:07 PM
I think that's the first time that Sora! has made me totally limh.
Wha you say?