PDA

View Full Version : I need 10 more missions.

horyo
07-25-2006, 07:34 PM
Hi, I love this game and play it almost every day, if given the chance. But I'm stuck. You see I would like to have Judge Cid, but after 290 missions, I lack the Rusty Sword and the Bent Sword, and I need these for missions, also the black thread. But I've done their missions and beat them, it's just that... I don't know what to do now, I don't have those items and I can't beat the 2nd story. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Skyblade
07-26-2006, 03:59 PM
You'll get them. Keep looking, in every pub during every month. Also, take and complete as many other missions as you can, even if you have already done them before. The ones you've done before may be hiding the ones you need, since only so many can be shown at a pub at a time.

horyo
07-26-2006, 08:00 PM
Yea thanks, but I looked on an FAQ and it says that those missions are non-repeatable, that 's why I asked.

tailz
07-26-2006, 08:42 PM
then u just havent done that one yet because every mission you fails comes up again iirc.

Skyblade
07-26-2006, 09:14 PM
Yea thanks, but I looked on an FAQ and it says that those missions are non-repeatable, that 's why I asked.

Yes, they are non-repeatable. But you still have a chance to complete them. No matter how you play the game, you will always have a chance to complete all the missions. If a mission requires a quest item from an unrepeatable quest, and you threw that quest item away, you will get a chance to get it again, even though the mission that gives it to you is supposed to be non-repeatable. And all missions will continue to show up (eventually, some of them can take a year to show up again) until you take and complete them. If you fail a non-repeatable mission, you will get to repeat it. I don't believe there is any way to permanently prevent you from completing all the missions.

horyo
07-26-2006, 09:51 PM
Oh that's cool, because I've been checking in the pub every day, every month, and that's why, but thank you!

Elite Lord Sigma
07-31-2006, 06:56 PM
If a repeating mission (such as Metal Hunt) pops up, and you don't need any more of what that mission gives you (like Adamantite), take the mission, then cancel it to make room for the missions you need.

horyo
08-01-2006, 03:56 AM
Yea I've been doing that but no success so far...well I'll keep on doing it.

Skyblade
08-01-2006, 07:44 PM
Do you know which ten you are missing?

boys from the dwarf
08-01-2006, 09:02 PM
just in case you havent been doing this look in all 5 pubs. look in them every month and every time you complete a mission. seems as the holding limit for key items such as adamantite is only 60 you rmight want to throw some of them away to make room for others and the missions that you need to do to get those items will reappear if you need them for something which could be useful but im not sure. your in a tricky situation. just do what we say and anything and everything you can think of and hope for the best. im sure youll eventually get the 10 you need. and it would be useflu if you told us the numbers of the ones you are missing. justin case you dont know how, in the clan menu (when you press start and you get a choice of options.) there is a sectin called missions and it shows you all 300 missions and their numbers ( if youve not completed it it wont tell you what the mission is called.) on gamefaqs.com there asre lists of every mission so if you tell us the number of the mission youve not completed, we will be able to help you.

Western Paladin
08-13-2006, 03:56 AM
Or you could do this, since this is what I have been fored to do due to my own incredible stupidity (throwing away mission items is SO DAMN RETARDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate it when I do stupid things like that):

Step 1 :You have two save file slots on the game, so only one of them can need the ten missions, so erase the one that doesn't, and then restart it with the goal of acquiring the mission-items that you need (in my case it was the stasis rope, choco-gratin, and a magic medal. i found two of those, and I now have the other one, the god-awful stasis rope) and just keep going through the storyline until you get what you need.

Step 2: FIND SOMEONE ELSE WITH THE GAME. This is painfully hard to do in some areas of the world, but if you look hard enough, there will be at least one person you know, or can introduce yourself to, who has the damn game. Then trade the item you need from your low-level slot to your new firend's game, then trade it from your new friend's game to your farther slot. TA DA! You now have whatever it was you needed.

And Skyblade, You are actually wrong on this. Non-repeatable missions cannot be re-done after you have done them successfully, even if you are stupid and throw away important mission items (like I did :eep: ). Believe me, I've spent over 450 hours on my one damn save file poring through the pubs solving everything I could find and getting my people pretty-well every ability they could conceivably need (with the exception of blue-magic. I have that in my not-so-far game where I only have like 80 missions done. Blue magic is really good, and I didn't realise it until like 3 days ago). You may disagree with me that the non-repeatables point I made, and I had to spend alot of time proving it right to myself, so I would understand. The game isn't evil, but it will punish you for your stupidity:D

Monster Hunt
08-22-2006, 08:53 AM
Have you finished the game? If so, I found it that those missions come out often. I didn't get my swords in a while like you but I was so addicted to my clan that I couldn't start a new saving- so I was running around until one day... the mission came up!

And Westen Paladin and Skyblade- You are both right and wrong... some are repeat-able... but some are unfortunatley not. You've got to be careful, I suppose.

A common mistake in chucking out good mission items is to press 'A' constanly to cut the blabbering, then it comes to the item swapping (when your inventory if full of mission items [DAMN ADAMANTITE TAKING UP SPACE! well, atleast for me!], it gives you the option to swap around items)- people keep pressing 'A'. They don't realise- until they saved and it's too late... oops!

OR

You have too much of something (Adamantite for my sis) so you clean things out... 'Discard Adamantite? Yes/No?' 'Yes', 'Discard Adamantite? Yes/No?' 'Yes', 'Discard Adamantite? Yes/No?' 'Yes', 'Discard Black thread? Yes/No?' 'Yes'.
Saving... saved. Oh crap.

tailz
08-22-2006, 10:08 AM
And Skyblade, You are actually wrong on this. Non-repeatable missions cannot be re-done after you have done them successfully, even if you are stupid and throw away important mission items (like I did :eep: ). Believe me, I've spent over 450 hours on my one damn save file poring through the pubs solving everything I could find and getting my people pretty-well every ability they could conceivably need (with the exception of blue-magic. I have that in my not-so-far game where I only have like 80 missions done. Blue magic is really good, and I didn't realise it until like 3 days ago). You may disagree with me that the non-repeatables point I made, and I had to spend alot of time proving it right to myself, so I would understand. The game isn't evil, but it will punish you for your stupidity:D

nope hes right every item you throw away can be reaquired.

Western Paladin
08-23-2006, 02:45 PM
you can say EVERYTHING, but I spent over 200 hours looking for stasis rope alone after I chucked it. Not coming back to me anytime soon. Plus, I already got pissed and made a new file where I traded off the stasis rope to my good file through the use of one of my friends. After you actually succeed on a mission, I don't think it comes back unless it is a repeatable one.plus, the game reccomends and tries to advertise trading and linking up with other people who have the game, so nothing is ever unsolvable. It could just take a VERY long time.