PDA

View Full Version : The Warriors

Raebus
07-25-2006, 10:40 PM
"CAAAAAN YOUUUUUUU DIGGGGG ITTTTTTTTTT"

Seriously, if you havent seen this, I weep for your souls. It's a cult film, the very meaning of it with dialogue that would only work in this film and a sense of fun and surrealism with GREAT gang characters. Watch it.

Dreddz
07-25-2006, 11:14 PM
I would label The Warriors under must see movies, its a great film. The baseball furies face paint scared me senseless.

Fonzie
07-25-2006, 11:32 PM
"Yo Adrian....come out to playaaaaaaaaaaay. YO ADRIAN COME OUT TO PLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYAAAAA"

Love that line

I Took the Red Pill
07-25-2006, 11:37 PM
Yes. It is a great movie.

Moon Rabbits
07-26-2006, 02:11 AM
I saw this movie about three years ago and I loved it. Especially the baseball gang (their name currently escapes me) and the Turnbull ACs.

Unfortunately I heard it was being remade with 50cent and all the weenie gangsta kids will be all fantatical about it and I'll be all :mad:

Meat Puppet
07-26-2006, 02:26 AM
"Yo Adrian....come out to playaaaaaaaaaaay. YO ADRIAN COME OUT TO PLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYAAAAA"

Love that line
That's not the line.

Anyway, I love this movie. It may well be my favorite movie of all time.

The Baseball Furies is the name of the baseball gang. It was actually mentioned earlier in this thread, aisle_s.

fantasyjunkie
07-26-2006, 02:29 AM
I saw this movie about three years ago and I loved it. Especially the baseball gang (their name currently escapes me) and the Turnbull ACs.

Unfortunately I heard it was being remade with 50cent and all the weenie gangsta kids will be all fantatical about it and I'll be all :mad:
Baseball Furies :) . I love this movie, I watched my dvd many times and never got tired of it.

NorthernChaosGod
07-26-2006, 07:36 AM
Oh man, I LOVE this movie. Amazing film. And the video game is awesome too.

Bmaster
07-26-2006, 07:48 AM
awesome movie, a must see

Raebus
07-26-2006, 10:52 AM
Your all great people and it was remade with 50 cent?

Thorn
07-26-2006, 10:59 AM
50cent is a joke.

I watched it on my friends PSP. It was pretty cool, the concept was good. The fight's wernt amazing.

"Yo adrian come out to play!!!" Lmao, he's combined Rocky and the Warriors.

"Hey warriors! Come out to playyyy!!"

Baseball furies are scary. Besides that old one with the light brown hair. He looks like a puppy dog.

The Shoeless Hobo
07-26-2006, 01:40 PM
It's one of my favourite movies. :p

Anaisa
07-26-2006, 07:26 PM
The Warriors is great. I hope they don't remake it, it doesn't need to be remade. An as for putting rappers in it, we all know in their culture if you have a dispute, you shoot each other. So it's hardly convincing with them in it anyway. The movie would be over before it began by their rules( Although that would be no bad thing) by the time: "It was The Warriors!" is finished being shouted, 50 cent an his buddies would have faces full of led.

Meat Puppet
07-27-2006, 03:43 AM
The remake is not a complete remake. I think it will follow the same basic outline, but with more realistic street gangs; explaining why 50 Cent would be in it. That seems to me bad idea: the bizarre gangs in <i>The Warriors</i> is one of the things that makes it such a great movie. I personally think <i>The Warriors</i> movie is a classic and a remake could potentially taint the original's spirit (especially with 50 Cent in it—in my opinion).

I whine too much.

Maybe the remake isn't that bad. I guess it would be a good way to get the story to these kids who find old movies boring or can't take the [original] movie seriously because the gangs look too much like they are from a comic book.

Either way, I'll just ignore the remake. That way everyone can be happy.

GhandiOwnsYou
07-27-2006, 01:35 PM
....You officially lose. how you could ever, EVER, combine the lines from a scene involving an emotional reunion of a prize fighter and his girl after a brutal fight, and an evil gang leader tapping glass bottles together trying to draw out a rival gang..... It's just mind boggling.

aside from that, remakes/sequels to cult classic movies inevitably suck. Let The Warriors be the great movie it is, and do not crap on it's legacy with an inferior, insulting remake, which will no doubt trade character and camp for a slick hollywood budget and *shudder* rapper cameos.

cases in point: Clerks II. any and all of The Crow sequels. the new Poseidon Adventures. Batman Forever/ Batman and Robin. Land of the Dead. Does this list really need to go on further?

NorthernChaosGod
07-28-2006, 02:07 AM
Dude, no!!!!! They better not remake it. It's perfect the way it is. And 50 cent would further ruin the movie.

Oh yeah, I want one of the Warriors vests.

~SapphireStar~
07-30-2006, 02:43 PM
My brother has the PSP version and loves it. Havent seen it myself, my mum seen it back when it was a cinema release. She didnt like it much.

Moon Rabbits
07-30-2006, 03:44 PM
My mom also saw the cinema release. She's obsessed with the movie, she's the one who told me to rent it.

any and all of The Crow sequels.

Yes indeed.

It was actually mentioned earlier in this thread, aisle_s

:( I can't believe I missed that.

Obsidian
07-31-2006, 07:53 PM
I love it. It is my favorite movie set in New York. :choc2:

Madame Adequate
08-01-2006, 01:08 AM
The Warriors is a fantastic movie, an awesome videogame, and generally rocks.

The Orphans amuse me.

ffsw19
08-02-2006, 08:08 PM
Yep, liked the movie, loved the video game. The game went even more in depth and the action was awesome. Come on, who doesn't like slammin' some head into a brick wall?