PDA

View Full Version : Best compliment

Ryth
07-25-2006, 11:28 PM
What is the best compliment you've ever gotten?

The best compliment I have ever gotten has been given to me a couple of times. The best compliment I can ever be given is being called intelligent. A couple of people have called me intelligent on numerous occasions, oddly enough it's not one I ever really accept. I don't think I deserve to be called smart. Not to say I'm dumb, just I don't think myself as intelligent as they seem to express.

Dixie
07-25-2006, 11:53 PM
"You have such pretty eyes." That was said by...I forgot who! Oh well, I felt good about it, though. ^_^

Jess
07-26-2006, 12:59 AM
One of the nicest things somebody has ever said to me was this:
"ahhhhhh omg you are beautiful. i love you so much, no matter how much i dont see you anymore and how little time we spend together, we've been through so much and you've helped me through so much aswell. you are one of the most amazing people i have ever met, you're always going to be one of my best friends in the world, i miss you so much, you're amazing ! xxxx"

That was sent to me by one of my oldest friends who I hardly ever see anymore, Kate. It was really cute. :jess:

The other cutest compliment I've ever recieved was off my boyfriend, but I can't be bothered to find that as it was in a text message and my inbox is far too full, and it was in french so I don't know how to write it out. :laugh:

Rengori
07-26-2006, 01:40 AM
I keep track of insults more than compliments.

Yamaneko
07-26-2006, 01:41 AM
So do I. Those bastards are going to pay!

Dignified Pauper
07-26-2006, 01:44 AM
wow, i definitely read this as best complaint and then when i read things and re-read the thread title, i was sorely disappointed.

Mum
07-26-2006, 02:06 AM

A sad sign of the times.
We should try and take on board the compliments and shrug the insults.
Although I must admit that for me the insults cut deep and it takes a thousand compliments to outweigh one insult - a sign of insecurity which is getting better as I get older. After all, each of us is special and made exactly perfectly for the purpose we were designed.

Dignified Pauper
07-26-2006, 02:25 AM

A sad sign of the times.
Although I must admit that for me the insults cut deep and it takes a thousand compliments to outweigh one insult - a sign of insecurity which is getting better as I get older. After all, each of us is special and made exactly perfectly for the purpose we were designed.

I was designed for one thing. Procreation... too bad it was for God's plan B.

Mum
07-26-2006, 02:29 AM

A sad sign of the times.

I was designed for one thing. Procreation... too bad it was for God's plan B.
Oh I tried that...and look what happened!

Reine
07-26-2006, 02:30 AM
I usually brush off insults, but occasionaly one hits a sore spot, and those are the only ones I bother to remember

I get told that im awesome and that I have a "hawt" voice a lot, but I disagree

Meat Puppet
07-26-2006, 02:49 AM
I get some positive comments about my looks. From some girls, anyway. The majority of guys seem to think I am hideously ugly.

Nominus Experse
07-26-2006, 02:50 AM
That I am intelligent and artistic.

Hearing such things lets me realize that my perception of myself is in fact real and not simply wishful, jaded thinking on my part.

Dr Unne
07-26-2006, 03:34 AM
I used to be a produce stocker in a grocery store many years ago, and the old grizzled manager there told me I had a "strong back".

feona17
07-26-2006, 03:39 AM
Two things, and they were both said by my boyfriend/best friend ehehe.

"You have a brilliant mind." I was flattered. He thought I was much older than I was at the time and it was nice to know someone appreciated my mind.

"You're going to be really beautiful when you're older." This was said with the utmost intensity and it made me completely weak in the knees, and made my chest turned into jellied knots. It wasn't even what he said, which was beautiful, but how he said it. It was in his voice alone, that I knew he cared about me.

fantasyjunkie
07-26-2006, 05:13 AM
I never get compliments :cry:

fallen_angel9000
07-26-2006, 05:22 AM
my best compliment??? probly bein called smart. i dont enjoy that alot cause it mostly comes from adults while other kids glare at me:( . although i once got a compliment from someone saying that i was one of the greatest friends they ever had.:kaoplain:

Decessus
07-26-2006, 06:11 AM
My best compliment was that I was lazy and stupid. Go figure.

abrojtm
07-26-2006, 06:14 AM
I dunno, I get a lot I guess, but I don't know how many are sincere. Somebody told me I looked really nice last night.
One of my old teachers told me I looked a lot thinner and slimmed out this year.
Dunno.

G SpOtZ
07-26-2006, 06:15 AM
God... too many. Damn, I'm so conceited, too.

Myspace picture comments! Hah, those are great, but half of them aren't honest, people just comment you because you commented them, or they're nice because they have to be... But I've gotten a lot of honest compliments bout my looks. I guess I don't really care about that though... because I'll know if I'm good when I can pick up any girl I want.

I've been called "mature" by a lot of adults, if I'm at parties where there aren't kids my age. I tend to stick around with the adults and actuall converse with them. I've been called intelligent at the same time from adults too.

Hmm... general compliments include but are not limited to: amazing, wonderfulsexyhotness(?), wondeful, awesome, pretty(?), cute (hate that one), romantic, likeable, etc.

The only insults I might get would be that I'm too cocky, as you can see from this post. Hell, I even call myself that. I really should be more modest. Also, with posts like these, it makes me look like I'm trying to give myself positive attention and that I'm trying too hard for it. I guess that's just how it is, though. If it hasn't been said to my face, then it's been said behind my back. =D

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
07-26-2006, 06:59 AM
recently from a girl i was told i got a beautiful personality and from a guy i was told i was an "interesting character" (yeah ill take that lol) oh and that i looked like some anime character which is all good lol!

Psydekick
07-26-2006, 08:21 AM
My girlfriend told me she loved me at thats pretty much it:(

Most people hate me:cry:

G SpOtZ
07-26-2006, 08:28 AM
My girlfriend told me she loved me at thats pretty much it:(

Most people hate me:cry:
It helps to have confidence and not publicly bring yourself down like that, because then people will only say nice things to you out of sympothy and pity, and you don't want that. Self esteem will buy you compliments.

Laugh at face of Danger
07-26-2006, 11:46 AM
i normally (if ever) get complimented on my humour. the best compliemnt i ever had was when one of my best buddies told me that "a day with you without making me laugh would be a failed day" or words to that effect. i almost exploded with happiness.

another good one was when me and all my buddies got together and wrote down little things we loved about each other, that was a great day! everyone should try it.

Loony BoB
07-26-2006, 01:32 PM
I touched the Place Where BoB Slept. I swear to God it was like touching the face of Jesus. I laid my hands upon the carpet and the heavens opened and angels wept. And thus my eyes were open a sto how great life can be And instead of murdering Ashley and Mandee and then taking my own life right there on Mandee's floor, as I was planning on doing, I went out and fed homeless children and planted a tree. Simply breathtaking.
I don't really know how people can top that.

Pure Aerisbeauty7
07-26-2006, 06:06 PM
When I went to Nigeria on summer vacation last year, a guy told me that I am beautiful. At school, one of my friends said that I am cool. My mom said that I am a princess. My other friends say that I am nice and sweet. One guy wrote to me that I'm cute. Hearing those comments makes me feel happy.:) :kaocheer:

KairiKitten
08-01-2006, 06:23 PM
people have called me hot, gorgeous, pretty, cute... My geography teacher told me I have such a pretty complexion and a lunch lady told me I had a pretty eyecolor. (first sentence) I think those people are on crack... I am possibly one of the most hideous people on the face of the earth ;P Oh well. I have been called a good actress, writer, drawer, etc. To much. @_@

stuffing
08-01-2006, 06:28 PM
"Damn dude you freaking own"

Cuchulainn
08-01-2006, 06:53 PM
possibly 'eww WAS THAT YOU?'

Twisted Tinkerbell
08-01-2006, 07:35 PM
"You are a complete bitch" put a smile on my face, and
"Your not as dumb as I thought" from my old English Lit teacher, as I was the only person who could analyse some poems we were studying.
I've been told I'm beautiful (I laughed) and cute but I don't believe those.

Lost Number
08-01-2006, 07:45 PM
I was once told I was good to argue with. Thanks, Lenna.

Zeldy
08-01-2006, 07:54 PM
My Best friend will just look at me and say "Your so beautiful >;o".
My Dad seems to think Lads will be queuing round the block (Lies!). My Dad always gives me compliments, like when Ive just got out the shower and my hairs horrid and Im makeupless he says Im gorgeous.

hardboiled
08-02-2006, 08:29 AM
Starring at it, my girlfriend at that time said, " whoa.. that thing is huge" ..

One groupie girl was like, " I liked your music." I was like, "thanks." Then she was like, " no, I REALLY liked your music." I guess I was supposed to take the hint and take her someplace where we could get down.. The "REALLY liked your music" was great and funny how the chick said it.

Jojee
08-02-2006, 10:18 AM
hardboiled, your avatar is the most disturbing thing I've seen all day every time that I see it :( That's not a compliment. :(

I don't remember so much specific compliments and insults as the people who say them and the feeling I get from it. ^_^ Half the time people compliment just to compliment, anyway. But like when someone says something rude to me, the comment doesn't really bother me - but the fact that they're trying to be such an arse does and I really dislike them for it.

hardboiled
08-02-2006, 10:40 AM
hardboiled, your avatar is the most disturbing thing I've seen all day every time that I see it :( That's not a compliment. :(

But like when someone says something rude to me, the comment doesn't really bother me - but the fact that they're trying to be such an arse does and I really dislike them for it.

Kinda stuck your own foot in your mouth eh? The comment you put about me doesn't bother me because your probably an out of shape fatsican who doesn't know the meaning of living healthy or training for anything be it physical, mental, or spiritual, but the fact that your trying to be an "ass" does bother me. And I really dislike you for it...hahaha...

Jojee
08-02-2006, 10:57 AM
Yep, I'm exactly an out of shape "fatsican" who doesn't know the meaning of living healthy etc etc etc ;) And no, that wasn't a compliment, but it wasn't meant as an insult either. I just don't want you to delude yourself into thinking that your naked body is something people will find particularly attractive (then again, who knows, some people might :</>p) or really want to see, especially in a family oriented Final Fantasy forum where I find it only borderline appropriate. If it was even just your torso or whatever, I wouldn't comment, but the picture does seem to go down quite a bit more below your waist. If you want to continue this, hun, you can do so in PM ^_-

I get a lot of "you seem really responsible" compliments, which really cracks me up XD

Miriel
08-02-2006, 11:05 AM
hardboiled, flaming other members is hardly appropriate. I don't think Jojo meant her comments in a malicious way so cut it out with the hostility please.

Armisael
08-02-2006, 12:44 PM
"Nice legs"! Not even something romantic!:crying: