PDA

View Full Version : Thunder Plains questions

Donna Tonberry
07-26-2006, 02:32 AM
More n00b-tastic questions from Donna.

Okay, first one: I keep on seeing this sort of Qactuar sillhouette/ghost thing following around Tidus. Does it have anything to do with praying to the Qactuar stones (which I did)? Or is it just some random stuff?

Second: I'm currently trying to unlock Fafnir. Is the encounter rate for Kusariqqus particularly low? Or am I just unlucky?

Thanks in advance :)

rubah
07-26-2006, 06:03 AM
Yes, it does have to do with the qactuar stones :) The more you pray to them, the more qactuars will show up when you encounter them. They have to do with something else, but i can't think what-- there's cobwebs invading my mind xD

Fafnir is the dragon-dog-not-little-dog monster arena boss, right? I think you'll probably run into more of those on the north side of the thunderplains- try sticking around the little gazebo out there.

-TIDUS-
07-26-2006, 07:24 AM
Fafnir is the creation from the little quick wolves, pretty sure. But yeah, capturing fiends was a pain in the rump for me. But throughout my ventures through Spira I found that certain fiends pop up in certain areas, so once you encounter the fiend stay around the almost exact area and they should pop up again.

PS: I don't know if it was just a superstitious thing for me, but I had a weird feeling that if you changed your party around, certain monsters would pop up.

Donna Tonberry
07-26-2006, 08:05 AM
^^^Fenrir is actually the wolves. Fafnir is the dragon-ish one wit the elemental breath, as rubah said.

I have pretty much scoured every part of the plains and cannot seem to find a Kusariqqu. I also have not run into an Iron Giant either, if that helps at all.

rubah
07-27-2006, 06:25 AM
Well, I definitely seemed to run into more iron giants around the little building in the northern side, so reset every so often (I think CB! was the one that said it changed the monster sequence) and remember if you do run into an iron giant, steal all the light curtains you can from them xD light curtainsx2=mix love