PDA

View Full Version : Loz's weapon?

Shadow117
07-26-2006, 05:35 PM
What is Loz's weapon? I haven't seen anything like it in the other Final Fantasy games and it looks really stupid and I have no clue what it does.

vampirepiggyhunter7
07-26-2006, 05:39 PM
It's called Giggle Glove.
He giggles and it produces electric current.
...DO NOT QUESTION ME!

LunarWeaver
07-26-2006, 06:00 PM
And people want this movie to have a more complex plot then it does.

Xurts
07-26-2006, 06:15 PM
It's called the Dual Hound. It's like a stun gun and it gives him his quick speed boosts.

LunarWeaver, the movie is an hour long. How complex and deep did you expect the story to be? Honestly now.

LunarWeaver
07-26-2006, 06:22 PM
I have no clue what it does

And people want this movie to have a more complex plot then it does.

LunarWeaver, the movie is an hour long. How complex and deep did you expect the story to be? Honestly now.

I didn't say the plot wasn't fine the way it was. I'm so misunderstood :crying2:

One day a person will know what I'm talking about instead of being confused... And when I meet this person, I shall marry them. But I'll be waiting a while.

Xurts
07-26-2006, 06:55 PM
Oh, sorry.

G SpOtZ
07-26-2006, 07:18 PM
It's metal. He punches people with it, then triggers something to make another metal part comes out, and that extra metal part sends out a jolt of electricity, causing more pain and possibly blasting that person several feet away.

Distain
07-26-2006, 07:19 PM
It kinda seems outa place alittle bit don't you think? I mean everyone els has swords and guns and swordguns. And Loz gets...a stungun?

G SpOtZ
07-26-2006, 07:23 PM
He's a strong fist fighter, so he uses that to his advantage. He already has a strong punch as it is, so his weapon makes it even stronger. You saw how much damage it did to Tifa.

Shadow117
07-28-2006, 09:28 PM
Well duh!
Tifa's weak!!!

f f freak
07-28-2006, 11:06 PM
Well duh! Tifa's weak!!!

Blasphemer.

Ha Loz can only beat Tifa using a stun Gun how crap is that. I mean come on Tifa totally Kicked his a$$ until that point.

PerpetualBurn
07-28-2006, 11:19 PM
How is it out of place? In the game didn't Reno have a cattleprod or something? One of them did.

Xurts
07-28-2006, 11:31 PM
How is it out of place? In the game didn't Reno have a cattleprod or something? One of them did.
Both Reno and Rude do. They're actually baton type weapons.

PerpetualBurn
07-28-2006, 11:33 PM
...so are cattleprods.

/awkward

Xurts
07-29-2006, 02:16 AM
Cattleprods are usually electrified. Reno/Rude's weapons were not.

ValkyrieWing
07-29-2006, 05:19 AM
:I

Tifa don't need no stinkin' weapons!

Ryushikaze
07-29-2006, 05:24 AM
Reno's was in game. He had an Elem-Elec attached to it. Not so in the movie.

Big D
07-29-2006, 04:34 PM
It's basically an electrified Pile Bunker, a type of weapon Barret can use in the game. A brutal, blunt-force device that works at point-blank range - it goes with Loz's personality. Crude but effective.It's like a stun gun and it gives him his quick speed boosts.How so? I just assumed that 'translocation' ability was an innate supernatural power, due to Loz being a manifestation of part of Sephiroth's spirit. I'm not saying you're wrong, just wondering where you got the info:greenie:

Xurts
07-29-2006, 06:46 PM
It's basically an electrified Pile Bunker, a type of weapon Barret can use in the game. A brutal, blunt-force device that works at point-blank range - it goes with Loz's personality. Crude but effective.It's like a stun gun and it gives him his quick speed boosts.How so? I just assumed that 'translocation' ability was an innate supernatural power, due to Loz being a manifestation of part of Sephiroth's spirit. I'm not saying you're wrong, just wondering where you got the info:greenie:
I read it from somewhere. I can't remember where though.

ValkyrieWing
07-30-2006, 06:36 AM
I thought the speed boosts were from the materia.

Zeromus_X
07-30-2006, 06:42 AM
Does everything in a Final Fantasy movie need to suddenly be explained so thouroughly all the time, or am I the only one out of the loop here?

Gauntlets. Fistfighter-type character. Electric shocking. Apparently gives speed boost. There.

boys from the dwarf
07-31-2006, 08:54 AM
(hey its me BFTD invading your post!:p )

Blasphemer.

Ha Loz can only beat Tifa using a stun Gun how crap is that. I mean come on Tifa totally Kicked his a$$ until that point.

yeah! its was only because of that super speed haste style magic. i agree. seeing the film and calling tifa weak is blasphemy of the worse kind towards FF fans. his weapons just a huge metal fist that has a couple of electric parts that charge and come out to do some electric shocks and blast things back a few metres. its a bit weird but its something different i suppose.

G SpOtZ
07-31-2006, 09:12 AM
Were the others able to move like Loz was able to?

boys from the dwarf
07-31-2006, 09:43 AM
i agree that it doesnt make much sense for his weapon to be the cause of his speed. id always imagined that as some sort of magic. if it is something to do with him being a clone of sephiroth i thinik i know why the others wouldnt have those abilities. just think. kadaj loz and yazoo have different appearances (probly because their similar to those failed clones that dont look or act 100% like sephiroth.) the three have different skills and everything so i dont see why all three them should have the same powers. after all. sephiroth doesnt have that sort of super speed does he?

Xurts
07-31-2006, 09:45 PM
No, only Loz was able to do that.

boys from the dwarf
08-01-2006, 09:27 PM
o.k. ive re-watched the film and i think the weapon is why he goes so quickly. noticed in one of the motor bike fights VS cloud he punches and theres a small energy burst exactly like the blue stuff when loz uses that speed so im not sure how but im pretty sure the weapon is the cause after all even though they are remnants of sephiroth why cant sephiroth do everything they can? its because he doesnt have the same weapon. watch the film closely and carefullt and i think youll find im right.

Big D
08-02-2006, 01:47 AM
o.k. ive re-watched the film and i think the weapon is why he goes so quickly. noticed in one of the motor bike fights VS cloud he punches and theres a small energy burst exactly like the blue stuff when loz uses that speed so im not sure how but im pretty sure the weapon is the cause after all even though they are remnants of sephiroth why cant sephiroth do everything they can? its because he doesnt have the same weapon. watch the film closely and carefullt and i think youll find im right.Sephiroth can fly - and jump - really fast, as well as delivering immensely quick sword blows. In his own way, he's faster and more dextrous than his remnants.

Loz's blue blur is virtually identical to the gold blur that Cloud becomes during the new Omnislash move, suggesting some similarity there. A latent Jenova ability that comes to the fore in each character in a different way, perhaps?
Jenova-DEATH used Time magic in the original game, so perhaps Loz has that trait.
Anyway, I just don't see how some electrified pistons could make a person move supernaturally fast... unless Materia were involved, perhaps.

Xurts
08-02-2006, 06:55 AM
Cloud's Jenova cells were all wiped out by Aeris's Great Gospel prior to the fight with Sephiroth, so that isn't what caused Cloud's gold blur. It's probably his Limit Break that allowed him to do that.

If materia is what caused Loz's speed bursts, then he wouldn't have had it embedded in his Dual Hound. He would've absorbed it into his body like Kadaj did at the Forgotten City.

Loz uses his speed burst before he finds Cloud's materia stock. So if he was using materia, he had to have found it before the fight with Tifa. I doubt that the remnants would be looking for materia, either. It makes more sense for his Dual Hound to give him the ability rather than materia. BUT, it also makes sense for him to have gained the ability from Sephiroth.

I just thought of another thing while I typed this post too. Has anyone ever noticed that the Velvet Nightmares are never reloaded in the movie? The fact that Loz and Yazoo can shoot as much as they want and never run out of ammo doesn't make a lot of sense either.

boys from the dwarf
08-02-2006, 09:45 AM
in the bahamut sin fight you hear vincent reload but you never see or hear yazoo reload. either he does it off screen and you dont notice or he has a huge amount of bullets loaded already or square just plain forgot.

Big D
08-02-2006, 10:55 AM
Cloud's Jenova cells were all wiped out by Aeris's Great Gospel prior to the fight with Sephiroth, so that isn't what caused Cloud's gold blur. It's probably his Limit Break that allowed him to do that.His Geostigma was removed, not his Jenova cells. Unlike the other Stigma victims, he didn't just absorb some of Jenova's essence from the Lifestream; those cells were a part of him for several years. The Stigma is a biological reaction to the cells' presence, triggered by the existence of Sephiroth's remnants. This we know from the story.

While it's true that Cloud's strength and will are brought on by his need to defend what matters, there's simply no way an unenhanced human could do any of what he does in the movie. During the Bahamut fight, when he's still afflicted with the Stigma, he goes beyond what anyone is capable of, even feats such as grabbing a huge guy during mid-jump (Barret) and surviving a fall of over a hundred meters, apparently by shedding momentum of the way down in the same way that Kadaj does after his fall from the nearby tower.
In the later fight against Sephiroth, Cloud's stronger still - something that just wouldn't be possible if he no longer had Jenova cells within him. As a regular Jenova-enhanced human, he'd never be strong enough to beat Sephiroth; it's only the added determination that gives him the additional power.

I just thought of another thing while I typed this post too. Has anyone ever noticed that the Velvet Nightmares are never reloaded in the movie? The fact that Loz and Yazoo can shoot as much as they want and never run out of ammo doesn't make a lot of sense either.Yeah, I was wondering about that too... throughout the film, Yazoo fires up to a dozen shots - maybe more - in sequence without reloading. It's possible he could reload during those off-screen moments, but he never does during actual on-screen action. The design of the Velvet Nightmare doesn't leave much space for ammo... there's no magazine in the handle, nor a revolver mechanism. There *is* a cylindrical section above the handle and near the chamber which could theoretically be something to do with it, but they'd still have to be pretty tiny rounds. Could be a fairly low-calibur, low-power round - a .22 or something. That'd help to explain why they don't leave so much as a scratch on Cloud's sword.
Speaking of swords, I'd love to know how Kadaj's weapon stays in one piece. The space between the blades is wider than the handle - which means it can't have a tang. Unless it's some crazy Y-shaped assembly, it'd be possibly the weakest sword ever made; except that it can parry a swipe from Cloud's hundredweight monster.

Christmas
05-20-2022, 02:30 AM
It is called a "Wife Beater". Shocking women in Church since 2006. :bigsmile: