PDA

View Full Version : Is it the WORST???

DeathKnight
07-26-2006, 06:20 PM
.......when you haven't seen a elementary/junior high/high school friend again and you have to act as if you're happy to see them?....

Man....it just pisses me off when I see people from past schools.....and to make it worse......it's people I don't want to see.

And then there's the "can I have your number thing" (as if I'm gonna call you:rolleyes2 :rolleyes2 :rolleyes2 ).

And to make it worse...two of them live near me...:irked:

Discuss this situation and your and whatever else concerns this matter

Fonzie
07-26-2006, 06:21 PM
I like to "talk" too people so i don't have that problem :p

Bart's Friend Milhouse
07-26-2006, 06:35 PM
I know what you mean. I'd rather not bump into an old classmate personally. My mum has and these people started asking her what am I studying, where am I studying at and a load of other things I don't wish to tell. Fortunately I haven't met one of them for about three years.

Consider yourself rather lucky since you don't have it as bad as I do as a fair portion of them not only live in my local community but know where I live.

Distain
07-26-2006, 06:41 PM

Rye
07-26-2006, 06:51 PM
I don't mind talking to people, so generally, it's nice. :)

Resha
07-26-2006, 06:55 PM
Naw, I love meeting old friends. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzier inside.

Psydekick
07-26-2006, 07:35 PM
like resha i like seeing them but if they went to my school and knew me but i dont like them i would find it hard

DeathKnight
07-26-2006, 07:38 PM
like resha i like seeing them but if they went to my school and knew me but i dont like them i would find it hard

Yeah, I don't mind meeting cute girls from past schools, I'd be happy as hell.

But I'm talking 'bout people you BARELY knew...or knew but didn't really like them much. :irked: and they come to you like "heeey how's it going" :rolleyes2

Ane then asking for number?....

Bart's Friend Milhouse
07-26-2006, 07:46 PM

Yeah, I don't mind meeting cute girls from past schools, I'd be happy as hell.

But I'm talking 'bout people you BARELY knew...or knew but didn't really like them much. :irked: and they come to you like "heeey how's it going" :rolleyes2

Ane then asking for number?....

On second thoughts this sounds kinda snobbish. Sometimes one feels like they're done and dusted with such people and would rather not be seen talking to someone who they knew since childhood. Just because life is swell for them doesn't really give them the permission slip to act like a total snoot.
Also it seems a bit odd that people you barely knew are the ones asking for your number.
????

Shlup
07-26-2006, 07:48 PM
I usually am happy to see them.

bipper
07-26-2006, 07:50 PM

Very true for me.

You could always change your identity. There used to be a 800 number that people would dial and it would say something like...

"I told you to call this number because I am not so fucking stupid as to give you my fucking number. So please be kind, and please fuck off after the beep. BEEP"

IT was hilarious.

Bipper

Miriel
07-26-2006, 07:51 PM
I usually am happy to see them.
Yeah, usually I'm really happy to meet and talk with old friends.

Zante
07-26-2006, 07:51 PM
If you don't care for em, why pretend you are happy to see em in the first place?

Alive-Cat
07-26-2006, 07:52 PM
Nope. I only become friends with people I...well, LIKE. So they are people I'm going to keep in touch with.

Yuffie514
07-26-2006, 11:47 PM
i lost a good friend from a school i had attended three years ago. i remember always writing notes back and forth. we swapped AIM addresses, but it never worked and i should have done more to keep in touch. if i meet that person again, i would change my ways, as i know i have done some offensive things...

Levian
07-26-2006, 11:56 PM
I really like running into people I haven't seen in a while. And it's weird how you speak to people you've only just known who was. We were only 125 students in my grade so you got to know everyone's name by the end of the 3 years. The thing that does bother me, though, is that the conversation is really limited. It's like "Hi, how are you?" "What do you do now?" Then there's usually an awkward silence unless you start talking about some random crap. Still, if you get their phone number you can meet them again and talk about stuff you do care about. And that's what I like. I don't have a negative attitude towards my "enemies" back in school either. Especially not if they approaches me. People change.

Rase
07-26-2006, 11:59 PM
I'm usually that person who goes up an initiates the conversation.

SammieBabe
07-27-2006, 12:49 AM
I don't really recognize people I went to elementary/middle school with, but if I were friends with them, I think I'd be happy to see them. Same with HS I guess...

Dreddz
07-27-2006, 01:45 AM
Thats why I keep on look-out to avoid them...

feona17
07-27-2006, 02:12 AM
HAHA dude, I thought no one else felt like this but me. Okay, usually when I run into childhood friends/classmates, it's sort of weird. Both me and them have changed like hell and usually you don't know what to say. It's awkward, and yeah I'll give them a smile but doesn't mean I'll be their friend again.

edit: I remember running into an old friend a couple months ago. And, basically it was like this.

*hug hug*
me: hey!
him: hey whats up, long time no see.
me: yah, nothing much man, how about you?
him: oh im good, happy valentines by the way.
me: yah, ditto. well see ya around sometime! *walks off*

Awkward...

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
07-27-2006, 02:24 AM
lol i was in that situatution recently i literally said "hi" and walked off lol

Faris
07-27-2006, 03:23 AM
...Friends? Elementary school? :chuckle:
Actually, just in summer school, I saw my enemy from elementary. He hasn't tried to insult me yet so I'm happy.

I just simply avoid people from elementary school. If I see them, I just keep walking and none of them ever want anything to do with me. :D I rarely see my old friends either, that or, again, I just want nothing to do with them anymore.

G SpOtZ
07-27-2006, 03:26 AM
Depends on the person and my past with them.

T-MaN
07-27-2006, 03:34 AM
I'd be ok with it. I wouldn't mind at all. It'd actually be pretty nice to see some old faces once again.

DeathKnight
07-27-2006, 04:20 PM
HAHA dude, I thought no one else felt like this but me. Okay, usually when I run into childhood friends/classmates, it's sort of weird. Both me and them have changed like hell and usually you don't know what to say. It's awkward, and yeah I'll give them a smile but doesn't mean I'll be their friend again.

edit: I remember running into an old friend a couple months ago. And, basically it was like this.

*hug hug*
me: hey!
him: hey whats up, long time no see.
me: yah, nothing much man, how about you?
him: oh im good, happy valentines by the way.
me: yah, ditto. well see ya around sometime! *walks off*

Awkward...

Hahah! sounds TOO familiar :D

Thats why I keep on look-out to avoid them...

I should do that! :plotting:

it's just they catch me off-guard or surprise me :irked:

Zeldy
07-27-2006, 04:24 PM
I saw a girl who went to a different high school in town after primary, we just said Hi and walked away. Its not that I wasn't happy to see her, I just was never really close to her :p

Agent Proto
07-27-2006, 04:28 PM
I think it's awesome when I encounter an old friend. Usually, it takes me awhile to recognize them since it's been too long, but when I do, I'd be happy to see them again. :D

Christmas
07-27-2006, 04:52 PM
I have no friends. :(

Alive-Cat
07-27-2006, 04:53 PM
I shall do my best to look after and cherish you, Christmas! :spin:

Polnareff
07-27-2006, 05:24 PM
I think it's awesome when I encounter an old friend. Usually, it takes me awhile to recognize them since it's been too long, but when I do, I'd be happy to see them again. :D

I agree with you. I got the biggest surprise of my life last year when I saw certain people that I knew in middle school after I transferred (and even one girl I had a crush on back in ms). And then on Christmas Eve, I heard from some old friends I went to school with back in 9th grade. It was the best, although a lot of those guys seem to hate me now except for the ones I knew from 9th grade =/ Makes no sense.

Personally I don't see what's so wrong with seeing old classmates, even if you didn't like them that much or if you barely knew them. If you disliked them for the right reasons, then yes, I could see that, but to be that way to someone who you barely knew but is probably trying to be friendly now after recognizing you seems incredibly rude and judgemental in my eyes.

boris no no
07-27-2006, 05:29 PM
I'm like that with where I used to work, that because it was a crap place to work and I disliked most the managers there.

Elementary school = Primary school? I don't see many people from way back then, its pretty much 10 years exactly since I left so meh, I dunno if I'll recognise anyone xD
I like to meet people I went to Secondary school and college ^^ thats quite nice :)

Shauna
07-27-2006, 06:33 PM
Naw, I love meeting old friends. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzier inside.

Yes. Except, people don't recognise me, and if I were to go up to them they'd be all 'WHO THE HELL ARE YOU!? :mad2: :mad2: '. :(

Old Manus
07-27-2006, 06:54 PM
They can't get enough.

NorthernChaosGod
07-28-2006, 12:44 AM
I like having friends and talking to people, so usually if I see an old friend I actually am happy to see them.

Jojee
07-28-2006, 01:13 AM
Yeah, I love meeting people I knew! And then we can talk about back then and "Do you remember this teacher OMG WHAT A BIATCH" or "Remember this kid, he did what!?" :p It's nice to get caught up! ^_^

Lawr
07-28-2006, 10:27 AM
I see absolutely no problem in seeing old friends or even people you don't like...but I've never moved from my school district