PDA

View Full Version : squall vs sephiroth

Lynx
07-27-2006, 03:44 AM
who would win? i decided not to put this in either the ff7 or ff8 forum because that would make it unfair.

i personally think sephiroth would win. he has more superhuman abilities. he can fly kinda sorta never really explained it actually. plus you know his 6 foot sword could stab squall before squall could even hit him. but who do you think would win?

Zechs
07-27-2006, 04:06 AM
Hands sown Sephiroth. He would own Squall, completly. Squall has absolutly nothing on Sephiroth.

Tempest
07-27-2006, 04:40 AM
Cloud was able to beat Sephiroth single handely and Squall is equal if not stronger then Cloud in my opinion. That being said, I'd still go with Sephiroth. :bigsmile:

abrojtm
07-27-2006, 05:26 AM
Squall has a gun. He'd probably just shoot him from far away.

Ryushikaze
07-27-2006, 06:48 AM
Squall does not have a gun.

Sephypoo eats Squall for breakfast and slaughters garden for lunch.

The galbadians nuke him for dinner.

BardTard
07-27-2006, 07:28 AM
Sephiroth would win. He's like, Sephiroth, and Squall's like, Squall.

Rocket Edge
07-27-2006, 01:55 PM
Squall (Lionheart???? Come on..)

Incinerator
07-27-2006, 05:28 PM
*Battle starts*

Squall draws ultra-mega-super-cool-attack from Sephiroth and uses it

*Battle over*

Nuff said.

King-Killer
07-27-2006, 07:23 PM
Squall would completly own Sephiroth.

1- Hero, there's nothing he can do.
2- Lionhearth, completly annihilates him, but ok, he can fly.
3- Cerberus/3xMeteor, there's no escape.
4- Pheonix Pinion, get's killed? Get Revived!
5- Meltdown, Ouch...

Or better yet:
Battle starts:
Odin arrives slash Sephiroth in pieces. (or gets slashed down, in anycase...)

Rinoa could own him:

1-Invinsible Moon
2-Meltdown
3-Wishing Star
4-Angel Wing :angel: (Meteor Shower Trick)

How strong is Angel Wing?
Deals Average 70k:greenking Damage/0.1 secs
And that's at lowest speed.
So you can imagine a time-alteration like in FFXIII.
Haven't seen it?
http://www.youtube.com/results?search=FFXIII&search_type=search_videos&search=Search

Anything Else?:cool:

chrisfffan
07-27-2006, 08:44 PM
if it was in a game their would only be one winner the good guy

atlanteay
07-27-2006, 11:38 PM
squall. First of all he's teh good guy and good guys win. Second of all, all that magic. Sephiroth summons one meteor. Squall can do triple meteor showers.

DJZen
07-28-2006, 02:01 AM
Heidegger.

Medi
07-28-2006, 02:48 AM
They both suck. However, Squall would easily win, for his Lionheart skill is much more powerful than Omnislash.

5- Meltdown, Ouch...

Or better yet:
Battle starts:

Rinoa could own him:

1-Invinsible Moon
2-Meltdown
3-Wishing Star

Quoted for truth. It proves that even Rinoa can own the wimpy, crazy, momma's boy that is Sephiroth.

OMG! I was born in a lab! Because of this, I must kill every one! Mommy? Where are you? Come to think of it, Squall isn't much better.

Darkwing Bahamut
07-28-2006, 04:50 AM
Squall would win, Lion Heart is the best Limit Break IMO.

Cookie
07-28-2006, 04:53 AM
it's like asking Zidane or Seymour?

CLOUD or Seymour? (whoops)

Slade
07-28-2006, 09:24 AM
Squall, because Sephiroth is an overrated peice of poos :tongue:

But seriously, Sephiroth would win unfortunatly :mad:

Griff
07-28-2006, 12:36 PM
Squall would win, and show no emotion while doing so.

Zeromus_X
07-28-2006, 12:38 PM
Well, Sephiroth is cooler, but if we were to compare the battle systems of both games, it'd really depend on who is faster and goes first.

Or if we assume Seph is uncontrollable like the flashback, in which case he'd get a nice makeover courtesy of Renzokuken.

topnotchwholesaledotcom
07-29-2006, 11:18 PM
Sephiroth would win for sure

Christmas
07-30-2006, 06:01 AM
PUPU

Sefie1999AD
07-30-2006, 11:29 AM
It would end up as a draw. Here's why:

(Squall and Sephiroth meet.)
SQUALL: "Are you a Sorceress?"
SEPHIROTH: "I am a lab experiment with the power of the Ancients. Now who are you?"
SQUALL: "None of your business."
SEPHIROTH: "Well, anyway, I hate everything because of that, and I'm going to destroy everything!"
SQUALL: "... Whatever."
SEPHIROTH: "Man, you're so cold. Do you have a girlfriend who I could stab through her back?"
SQUALL: "She's in coma, and I don't care about anything. In addition, there's an idiot called Laguna inside my head, and I just heard he's my father."
SEPHIROTH: "Oh, cry me a river."
SEPHIROTH: "Yes."
SQUALL: "..."
SEPHIROTH: "... Do you have an LJ? Let's go post some poems there!"
SQUALL: "Sure."
(They leave together.)

Dreddz
07-30-2006, 03:48 PM
The characters of FFVII have super human attributes, while the characters of FFVIII are very much just your average human. Cloud and Sephiroth are far stronger than any character from FFVIII, thus Squal would lose to Sephiroth.

malayguy
07-30-2006, 04:38 PM
squall wins...

because sephiroth is always busy in having duel with cloud...

so squall just interrupting their fight and then stab sephiroth from the back...

Rocket Edge
07-30-2006, 05:21 PM
It would end up as a draw. Here's why:

(Squall and Sephiroth meet.)
SQUALL: "Are you a Sorceress?"
SEPHIROTH: "I am a lab experiment with the power of the Ancients. Now who are you?"
SQUALL: "None of your business."
SEPHIROTH: "Well, anyway, I hate everything because of that, and I'm going to destroy everything!"
SEPHIROTH: "Man, you're so cold. Do you have a girlfriend who I could stab through her back?"
SQUALL: "She's in coma, and I don't care about anything. In addition, there's an idiot called Laguna inside my head, and I just heard he's my father."
SEPHIROTH: "Oh, cry me a river."
SEPHIROTH: "Yes."
SQUALL: "..."
SEPHIROTH: "... Do you have an LJ? Let's go post some poems there!"
SQUALL: "Sure."
(They leave together.)
QFT

LunarWeaver
07-30-2006, 06:54 PM
Sephiroth attacks with algebra. Squall is still in school. Students are weak to algebra.

malayguy
07-30-2006, 07:21 PM
Sephiroth attacks with algebra. Squall is still in school. Students are weak to algebra.

but squall has a hyper mighty guard that are made from calculus
he also have that trigonometry break

boys from the dwarf
08-03-2006, 12:02 PM

5- Meltdown, Ouch...

Or better yet:
Battle starts:

Rinoa could own him:

1-Invinsible Moon
2-Meltdown
3-Wishing Star

How strong is Angel Wing?
Deals Average 70k:greenking Damage/0.1 secs
And that's at lowest speed.
So you can imagine a time-alteration like in FFXIII.
Haven't seen it?
http://www.youtube.com/results?search=FFXIII&search_type=search_videos&search=Search

Anything Else?:cool:

judging it by damage isnt always fair espicially if their from different games. if you put it that way by your thinking rinoa could beat sephiroth kuja and sin all at once (which no FF hero could do.) just imagine if they were real people and it was film or something. in VS things its often good to think aside HP and levels and damage in games and just think if it was a normal fight like real life with no HP and no levels and stuff like that. i think sephiroth would win. simply because of amazing fighting skills (E.G. the ones shwon in AC.) squall is good but i just dont think he has what it take to beat sephiroth. and as said above. the characters in FF8 are more like normal humans. the video of the fight against seifer isnt anything fancy and although the characters get stronger throughout the course of the game i still dont think squall is strong enough.

Dell
08-03-2006, 04:35 PM
Sephiroth have Black Materia and he'll win with his big meteor.
Squall have a gunblade and he'll lose with his emo face.

Sephiroth:
Supernova
Heartless Angel
Masamune
Black Clothes
Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy

Squall:
Lionheart
Lionheart
Silver Clothes
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I hate both of them....

But story-wise, Sephiroth.

The Crystal
08-11-2006, 05:47 PM
judging it by damage isnt always fair espicially if their from different games. if you put it that way by your thinking rinoa could beat sephiroth kuja and sin all at once (which no FF hero could do.) just imagine if they were real people and it was film or something. in VS things its often good to think aside HP and levels and damage in games and just think if it was a normal fight like real life with no HP and no levels and stuff like that. i think sephiroth would win. simply because of amazing fighting skills (E.G. the ones shwon in AC.) squall is good but i just dont think he has what it take to beat sephiroth. and as said above. the characters in FF8 are more like normal humans. the video of the fight against seifer isnt anything fancy and although the characters get stronger throughout the course of the game i still dont think squall is strong enough.

In the FMVs the characters of FFVII are more like normal humans too. But in the movie they are super-humans. Why? Because of they Limit Breaks. You have to see what they can do in they Limit Breaks to say what they can do in "real life". If Square make a movie of FFVIII, the characters will be super-human too.

Masamunemaster
08-11-2006, 06:12 PM
sephiroth would dice squall to pieces and not have to move

The Crystal
08-11-2006, 06:21 PM
Sephiroth wins, because he have the most great power in all FF series.
The power of the fanboys/fangirls!

Ryushikaze
08-12-2006, 06:27 AM
Well, Sephiroth is cooler, but if we were to compare the battle systems of both games, it'd really depend on who is faster and goes first.

Or if we assume Seph is uncontrollable like the flashback, in which case he'd get a nice makeover courtesy of Renzokuken.

But if he was flashback Sephy, he's invulnerable.

This is why gameplay is used a benchmark, not an absolute number source.

BustaMo
08-12-2006, 04:13 PM
This is just dumb.

Sephiroth of course. Squall is gothic.

Gilthanes
08-12-2006, 08:51 PM
I normally dont get into this kind of discussion, but as its been pointed out, FFVII characters abilities were extremely superhuman, especially by the time AC happens. FFVIII are normal people with either military or martial arts training, and would stand no chance against any of the characters of FFVII, let alone the big bad boss Sephiroth.

Now then, Kuja vs Sephiroth is a fight I'd love to see, but *opens the door for a real discussion*, Kefka would pwn them all.... hes Kefka

The Crystal
08-12-2006, 09:23 PM
Omnislash killed Sephiroth. Lionheart>>Omnislash
Squall humiliate him![!] / message [/!]

Nominus Experse
08-12-2006, 09:52 PM
Squall would simply launch into a lovely fury of Renzokuken Lionheart pain. Sephiroth has a giant sword, yet all of his superhuman abilites are spent on simply trying to keep the Masamune off the ground.

*~Angel Wing~*
08-13-2006, 11:27 PM
Squall would SOOO kick Sephiroth's ASS!!! :thumb:

SQUALL IS THE BEST FF CHARACTER EVER!!!

:heart: :monkey: :choc2: :moomba: :kaolove: :kaocheer: :kaohappy2 :kaolove2::thumb: :jess: :heart: :jess: :thumb: :kaolove2: :kaohappy2 :kaocheer::kaolove: :moomba: :choc2: :monkey: :heart:

http://www.ffshrine.org/ff8/fmvshots-disc4/05-lost-in-time/00008.jpg

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

:bigbiggri

kotsumari
02-05-2011, 10:17 AM
ok i joined this site specifically to respond to this..First of all squall would lose. I mean he's a short range character. Sephiroth has been in the game much longer. He has alot more fight experience, plus a sword twice the size of his own body. Genesis could even be squall.. Second cloud did not beat Sephiroth on his own..maybe a weak a** clone..but not the real Sephiroth. He needed help from the entire crew. :cool:

Loony BoB
02-06-2011, 12:54 PM
As much an FFVII fan as I am, if Sephiroth were to have his materia system and Squall to have his junction system and if items from their respective worlds could be used, Squall would be unstoppable. Any character from FFVIII would be unstoppable. If there is ever one thing I will say about FFVIII it is that I could make my characters ridiculously overpowered. And turning a mere playing card into 100 potions that cause you to become invincible? I mean, really, now...

Skyblade
02-07-2011, 05:34 AM
As much an FFVII fan as I am, if Sephiroth were to have his materia system and Squall to have his junction system and if items from their respective worlds could be used, Squall would be unstoppable. Any character from FFVIII would be unstoppable. If there is ever one thing I will say about FFVIII it is that I could make my characters ridiculously overpowered. And turning a mere playing card into 100 potions that cause you to become invincible? I mean, really, now...

Actually, I have to completely disagree. The materia system is more overpowered, due to a single Materia: Sneak Attack.

See, due to both systems being built around dishing out far more damage than they can take, the winner essentially comes down to whoever gets a solid hit in first. FFVIII's characters are more powerful, once they get a move in. But their priority ability, initiative, still requires that a command be entered. Sneak Attack does not, it triggers automatically, and will get its move off before a command can be selected. And you can't attack during someone else's animation in either battle system. So Sephiroth would strike first, and any materia paired to Sneak Attack that could inflict 9999 damage or more would eliminate Squall right there, before he has a chance to use any of those lovely moves that made him so overpowered in VIII.

Wolf Kanno
02-07-2011, 06:21 AM
*cough* Odin/Gilgamesh *cough*

Storywise, I can't say cause Sephy has been DBZ'd in the Compilation cause he was not nearly that powerful in his actual game so this would come down top just how strong Junctioning makes you. It's a toss up really. Also I would point out that Squall also has quite a bit of combat experience seeing how he's a child soldier not to mention he lacks Sephy's main Achilles heel which is his ego at being the strongest. Chances are, Sephy would toy with Squall long enough for him to pull of his Limit Break and I'm pretty damn confident that fully Junctioned, Renzoken would be enough to take him out.

Gameplay, it's hard to say cause if we're going Squall vs. character Sephy, it really depends on his Materia set-up and even that is going to have issues. If we base it on what Sephy used in the Nibelheim incident then Sephy is screwed. If it's his final boss form, he is still totally smurfed cause Squall is going to smurf him in every hole nature gave the silver haired fiend.

The only thing that will protect Sephy would be an author intervention, and considering how much they've gone to great lengths to re-imagine the character as the most powerful being in the FF mythos it sometimes seem, I'm pretty sure Kitase, Nomura, and Nojima would jump to take the proverbial bullet for Sephy and canonize him as being unstoppable except against Cloud.

Loony BoB
02-08-2011, 01:27 PM

Actually, I have to completely disagree. The materia system is more overpowered, due to a single Materia: Sneak Attack.

See, due to both systems being built around dishing out far more damage than they can take, the winner essentially comes down to whoever gets a solid hit in first. FFVIII's characters are more powerful, once they get a move in. But their priority ability, initiative, still requires that a command be entered. Sneak Attack does not, it triggers automatically, and will get its move off before a command can be selected. And you can't attack during someone else's animation in either battle system. So Sephiroth would strike first, and any materia paired to Sneak Attack that could inflict 9999 damage or more would eliminate Squall right there, before he has a chance to use any of those lovely moves that made him so overpowered in VIII.
If this were Cloud vs. Squall, I might agree. Maybe. But this is Sephiroth. If he got the first attack in the final battle, did he instantly kill your party? No. Of course not. Sephiroth himself is not designed around dishing out far more damage than he can take - I would say that he can take more damage than he dishes out, going by the FFVII final battle.

AstonMartin
03-02-2011, 01:20 AM
umm... sephiroth, duh. he would shank squall. and then the battle would be over before it began. so sephiroth hands down

Depression Moon
03-02-2011, 02:25 AM
Really? I'm surprised so many people here are saying Squall. Squall did fight Ultimecia who is without a doubt a lot stronger than Sephiroth. She managed to rule the world in the future, possesses the ultimate GF and that witch eats time! If we want to go into gameplay too I believe she was the only FF villain who had a domain that sealed people's magic except her own. Both Cloud and Squall required help to beat them both. I also don't get where the thought comes from that the cast of VIII is just ordinary people considering it would be impossible for them to have beaten Ultimecia and for Squall to survive getting shanked in the chest by a large icicle.

Cloud might have managed to beat Sephiroth on his own in Advent children, but if the final battle of VIII is cannon then it's possible that Squall had beaten Ultimecia with just him and Rinoa at the final phase. In Dissidia he probably took her on his own too.

LowCaloriePie
03-02-2011, 03:22 AM
YouTube - Dissidia: Squall vs. Sephiroth (English) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kv8LR6HIFk)

Guys, we already have the answer. :roll2

Sephiroth
03-02-2011, 11:27 AM
Storywise, I can't say cause Sephy has been DBZ'd in the Compilation cause he was not nearly that powerful in his actual game

He was.

He already had the ultimate will power in Final Fantasy VII-1 and all of his abilities. They are even explained during the story. The source of power in Final Fantasy VII is the will power and that's even the reason why he was able to absorb the source of magic in Final Fantasy VII, the knowledge of the ancients - so he doesn't even need any materia to use magic except sealed magic like the Ultimate Destructive one (however since he got the materia now by Cloud he was able to learn the knowledge since materia is like a "how to use magic by summoning the planet's life power in form of it" for those who are strong enough to use the spiritual energy in it) - not to forget we need a plot, otherwise it could have ended in the night Cloud and the other's were in ShinRa's prison, so of course there are many things like in all the other Final Fantasys which are just ignored for the plot - Cloud is the only one who can beat Sephiroth because of his Hero factor which makes him stronger and surprises Sephiroth over and over again once Sephiroth underrestimates him and makes him angry instead of just killing him. The materia and junctioning system of the battle dimension with all of its stats has nothing to do with who can beat which character. If Squall would be in Final Fantasy VII instead of Cloud and would have that Hero factor, then he would be able to defeat Sephiroth. Otherwise not. Sephiroth has no problem to kill people who are not Cloud. It was the first moment Cloud "defeated" Sephiroth because of the Hero factor why Sephiroth accepts Cloud as his nemesis and wants him to suffer before he dies instead of just killing him. That's all because of Sephiroth's arrogance.

Squall did fight Ultimecia who is without a doubt a lot stronger than Sephiroth.

Definitely not. It is not said how strong Ultimecia really is while Sephiroth follows the rules of the Final Fantasy VII universe which make him the strongest being. This is the same like people who say "Kefka is stronger than Sephiroth!" - "No! Sephiroth is stronger!". You cannot compare them but Sephiroth even has something which tells how powerful he is and that he is the most powerful being in his universe. And even though many people think that, Ultimecia was not able to absorb the time. If she would have been able the story would have ended. That's the reason why she is the final boss. Same here for Sephiroth and his meteor - even though Meteor could not have been stopped by defeating Sephiroth but the heroes didn't know that, of course.

If Ultimecia would have succeeded then indeed she would be an incredibly - even more than she is normally - powerful sorceress. Ultimecia: "I'm Ultimecia. I compress time." - Squall: "Yeah, you sure do that...NOT during my shift!"

Jessweeee♪
03-02-2011, 05:38 PM
It's a tie. Sephiroth has his Mary Stu powers, and Squall can Junction, which allows him to exploit the universe.

Also I'm going to go ahead an close this because it's almost five years old. Anyone is welcome to make a new thread about it though!