PDA

View Full Version : Favorite NIS game

Rengori
07-27-2006, 10:14 AM
Disgaea FTW!

Reine
07-27-2006, 02:09 PM
Ive only played Phantom Brave and La Pucelle, but I kinda like Phantom Brave more so far

JKTrix
07-27-2006, 03:23 PM
I have Phantom Brave, Makai Kingdom and Disgaea 2 (Japanese), but I've only played Phantom :P These games you can spend a lot of time on, I love it.

DeathKnight
07-27-2006, 04:35 PM
NIS?

and wouldn't a poll be better?

Polnareff
07-27-2006, 05:31 PM
Nippon Ichi Software. They mostly make strategy RPG games.

Out of the two NIS games I've had (Phantom Brave and La Pucelle), I liked La Pucelle best. That'll probably change when my birthday comes around though because that's when Disgaea 2 comes out here, and I've already preordered it.

JKTrix
07-27-2006, 05:35 PM
NIS is Nippon Ichi Software, creator of quirky RPGs (like the ones mentioned in this post already). They used to have their games published in the US under Atlus, but now they publish their own games.
Similar to a lot of Atlus games, their games don't have a lot of shelf life. If you don't get the game in its first few months of release, it usually becomes a lot harder to find it at a reasonable price.
Take the original Digaea, for example. (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00009YEJY/102-2407003-7874568?v=glance&n=468642) (It's made by NIS, this is back when they were pushing their games through Atlus) You probably won't find it if you walk into your average store that sells games, and if you do it might be priced similarly.

Just a brief history, more details at Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nippon_Ichi).

A poll isn't really necessary for this.

Dreddz
07-27-2006, 05:43 PM
Disgaea for me.

DeathKnight
07-27-2006, 05:43 PM
NIS is Nippon Ichi Software, creator of quirky RPGs (like the ones mentioned in this post already). They used to have their games published in the US under Atlus, but now they publish their own games.
Similar to a lot of Atlus games, their games don't have a lot of shelf life. If you don't get the game in its first few months of release, it usually becomes a lot harder to find it at a reasonable price.
Take the original Digaea, for example. (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00009YEJY/102-2407003-7874568?v=glance&n=468642) (It's made by NIS, this is back when they were pushing their games through Atlus) You probably won't find it if you walk into your average store that sells games, and if you do it might be priced similarly.

Just a brief history, more details at Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nippon_Ichi).

A poll isn't really necessary for this.

It IS necessary, because the thread starter didn't even indicate what we should do with a our selection..........Like explain why, or compare it to other NIS games or SPECIFIC character/story questions and comparisons...it's basically a poll thread.

So that's what NIS is..interesting. Could they be the ones who released Thousand Arms(by Atlus) for PlayStation????.......I'm SURE the name of the company is different....but that was back in 1999...so maybe THAT company became NIS during hte PS2 years...I wonder.

Rase
07-27-2006, 06:51 PM
So that's what NIS is..interesting. Could they be the ones who released Thousand Arms(by Atlus) for PlayStation????.......I'm SURE the name of the company is different....but that was back in 1999...so maybe THAT company became NIS during hte PS2 years...I wonder.
I'm pretty sure Atlus both developed and published Thousand Arms.

Anyway, games by NIS are probably one of the few reasons I would seriously consider getting a PS2. I've only played La Pucelle: Tactics (at a friends), and even though I sucked at it it was surprisingly fun, so I guess that'd be my favorite. :)

JKTrix
07-27-2006, 06:55 PM
It's an open ended discussion, as it should be. You can choose to simply say which game it is if you want, or elaborate at your leisure. I've always kind of thought of polls as a juvenile sort of 'raise your hand if you think this' kind of thing. It's useful in some instances.

Thousand Arms isn't a Nippon Ichi game (their list of games is on the Wiki site). N1 (Ichi=1 in Japanese) games have quite a distinct art style to them.

DeathKnight
07-27-2006, 07:44 PM
It's an open ended discussion, as it should be. You can choose to simply say which game it is if you want, or elaborate at your leisure. I've always kind of thought of polls as a juvenile sort of 'raise your hand if you think this' kind of thing. It's useful in some instances.

Thousand Arms isn't a Nippon Ichi game (their list of games is on the Wiki site). N1 (Ichi=1 in Japanese) games have quite a distinct art style to them.

yeah, you're SOMEWHAT right 'bout the poll thing.

Oh too bad for Nippon Ichi, Thousand Arms is one hell of a game.

I think it was made by Red Dragon....or was it Red Magic?..something like that. It WAS NOT made by Atlus...ONLY published.

Auragaea
07-27-2006, 07:54 PM
Makai Kingdom for me. Surprisingly, Disgaea was my first NIS game, but I like it the least.

DeathKnight
07-27-2006, 08:03 PM
Oh I remember now, it's Red Company lol. Such great people :evilking:

Sylvie
07-27-2006, 09:05 PM

yeah, you're SOMEWHAT right 'bout the poll thing.

Oh too bad for Nippon Ichi, Thousand Arms is one hell of a game.

I think it was made by Red Dragon....or was it Red Magic?..something like that. It WAS NOT made by Atlus...ONLY published.

No, a poll is not necessary what-so-ever. And please stop acting like you know everything.

I should really get a NIS game, since I love Tactics Ogre a lot.

Please do not member-moderate. ~ Leeza

Endless
07-27-2006, 09:18 PM
Disgaea 2 for me atm, followed by Disgaea, Makai Kingdom, La Pucelle, and far behind, Phantom Brave.

Raven Nox
07-27-2006, 09:22 PM
Disgaea is my favorite, and I can't wait for Disgaea 2.

Rengori
07-27-2006, 09:32 PM
Take the original Digaea, for example. (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00009YEJY/102-2407003-7874568?v=glance&n=468642)
$99.98? I'm glad I found Disgaea back in 2004 when it was still $44 used.

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-27-2006, 09:34 PM
I absolutely adore Disgaea, and am waiting impatiently for Disgaea 2.

Markus. D
07-29-2006, 04:32 AM
I love em <3

Ruskies
07-29-2006, 04:41 AM
Disgaea was cool but I liked Makai Kingdom better. I think my fav though is Rhapsody. NIS all the way!

Erdrick Holmes
07-29-2006, 04:48 AM
Atelier Iris Eternal Mana.

Duncan
07-29-2006, 08:01 AM
Atelier Iris.

Endless
07-29-2006, 02:02 PM

Atelier Iris.

Not a NIS game :p

Duncan
07-29-2006, 02:28 PM

Atelier Iris.

Not a NIS game :p

Well I'll be, I guess you're right. It's developed by Gust, published in US by NIS America. I just always thought it was an NIS game. Well, how about this then, because of Atelier Iris, I found my way to other great games like Disgaea, Phantom Brave, Makai Kingdom, and La Pucelle.