PDA

View Full Version : G4 TV ^^

Dark Angel From Heaven
07-27-2006, 12:53 PM
ok who watchs G4 tv^^ im mean i love cheat on it, X-play theres a lot of good shows on it ^^ so awsome, who watchs G4 tv?

Sylvie
07-27-2006, 07:22 PM
G4 Sucks. It was way better when it was Tech TV/ZDTV. They have the dumbest shows on these days, cheap actors/hosts. Why would anyone watch Cheat? I can look up the cheats on the internet. >_>

I only enjoy X-Play (Its an original show from TechTV, unlike most of the others). Allthough I thought the previous versions of it (Gamespot, Extended Play) were better. I really miss the show "Eyedrops". I loved that show so much.

Shoeberto
07-27-2006, 07:50 PM
Genji hit the nail on the head.

Ashley Schovitz
07-27-2006, 07:55 PM
Uh I can't stand X-Play those two don't know good games and look how Morgan dresses I only watch Star Trek and Fastlane occasionally.

Sylvie
07-27-2006, 09:16 PM
Who cares how Morgan dresses? Its a pretty funny show, even though they suck at rating games.

I Took the Red Pill
07-27-2006, 09:23 PM
Brainiac is the only program I enjoy on G4.

Shiny
07-27-2006, 10:50 PM
The only good and original show on G4 is X-Play.

JKTrix
07-28-2006, 12:34 PM
They do have moments of brilliance--particularly Icons. That is the best show that they do on G4, at least when they focus on something game related. Lately they've been focusing on Michelle Rodrigues and Jamie Kennedy (wtf?), but their previous ones that were related to games were absolutely brilliant.

Cinematech is pretty interesting to watch as well, and Xplay is another quality show.
Some of the other shows are not original (as in, not made by G4)--Star Trek, Fastlane, Braniac, etc... so they don't really count.

Markus. D
07-28-2006, 03:11 PM
I wanna buy cable G4tv just to watch X-Play :]

<3

mega_tonberry
07-28-2006, 04:06 PM
X-play, AOTS, and Icons are the main shows I watch on G4. The only show I can really say I downright hate is Cheat. It was great when Cory Rouse hosted but I have a vendetta with Kristoln holt. Like Beth Ostrosky, shes nothing but eyecandy. Dumb, useless eyecandy.

Cinematech...is pretty useless. I really miss the shows old format though. Ofcourse, Banzai and Braniac are always fun to watch. Although I wouldnt mind it if they just left Tommy out completly, I wish they would bring back judgement day. I'm not much of a trekkie and I cant get into Fastlane, so thats pretty much it.

Cookie
07-28-2006, 04:16 PM
Are you guys American or something because i don't no what you're going on about

Dreddz
07-28-2006, 06:44 PM
You lot should be lucky for at least having G4TV. Us in the Uk have nothing, I remember when Gamesmaster was on ITV at around 11am on saturdays years ago. But they got rid of it :(

Shoeberto
07-28-2006, 06:47 PM
You lot should be lucky for at least having G4TV. Us in the Uk have nothing, I remember when Gamesmaster was on ITV at around 11am on saturdays years ago. But they got rid of it :(
You guys have MTV, though, right? Or at least some equivelant? Well, imagine that, but with video games. Pretty much just pure exploitation for the sake of ratings.

They do have moments of brilliance--particularly Icons.
True, Icons is a good show, mostly because it's professionally done, and not constantly trying to be in-your-face. It's just a nice, informative documentary about the history of a certain part of the game industry.

Sylvie
07-28-2006, 06:57 PM
I agree, Icons is a good show. I enjoy the Final Fantasy one.

AOTS Sucks in my opinion, I miss Call for Help and the Screen Savers..

Dreddz
07-28-2006, 07:01 PM
Icons did a good piece on the Dreamcast, I also liked the George A Romero piece, I watched both on Youtube :p

Shoeberto
07-28-2006, 07:02 PM
The last I heard, it's entirely unconfirmed, but the ex-TechTV guys are thinking about doing a reunion show of some sort; I'm not sure if it's meant to be a continuing thing, or if (as Leo said) it's supposed to just be a proper farewell show for the whole crew, but Chris Pirirlwooao was trying to raise as much public interest as possible in his blog for something involving it.

Sylvie
07-28-2006, 07:08 PM
That would be kick ass. I hope they do it.

Dark Angel From Heaven
07-28-2006, 07:53 PM
X-play uis what i watch, sometimes star trek, fastline,cheet, but sadly :cry: :( i have no more G4tv got rid of comcast....*sighs* i miss it.

umm if you havent heard of G4 Tv im sure they have some shows of it on youtube ^_^

Fonzie
07-29-2006, 12:04 AM
Their pulling a damn MTV which really pisses me off :mad2:

Eiko Guy
07-30-2006, 02:52 AM
i was a fonboy for xplay until i noticed that they give rpg's lower scores and talk about the graphics but the street fighter games dont get ridiculed for their sub par graphics

Hambone
07-30-2006, 05:29 AM
I used to love G4. Especially Icons and Cinamatech. But lately, all they play is crap.

Freya
07-30-2006, 06:57 AM
They do have moments of brilliance--particularly Icons. That is the best show that they do on G4, at least when they focus on something game related. Lately they've been focusing on Michelle Rodrigues and Jamie Kennedy (wtf?), but their previous ones that were related to games were absolutely brilliant.

That's cause the game related ones are now Game Makers instead of Icons. Icons is the one about people.

I like cinematech myeself, AoTS keeps me up to date on the poculture without being well yeah, mtv like. I like X-play but i dont like thier ratings much.

I miss tech tv as well.

Rengori
07-30-2006, 07:18 AM
I miss tech tv as well.
Don't we all. http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a376/Rengori/Zetta%20Emoticons/sad.gif

Elite Lord Sigma
07-30-2006, 07:29 AM
I never watch G4 despite being an avid gamer, as I feel most of the shows are awful. X-Play can be amusing, but Morgan Webb and Adam Sessler are complete and total idiots, in my opinion. And they suck at rating games. Basically, G4 has gone from "Television by gamers, for gamers." to "Television by idiots, for idiots."

leon123
07-31-2006, 09:22 PM
ok who watchs G4 tv^^ im mean i love cheat on it, X-play theres a lot of good shows on it ^^ so awsome, who watchs G4 tv?
i do :)