PDA

View Full Version : what should i do with my self?

black_cloud
07-28-2006, 03:39 AM
ok i truly like final fantasy I but some people have been telling me to start playing blah before blaha nd other after some?......which final fantasy game should i start playing?...i plan on buying them all except a few like X-X-2 because i ahev them both and XI,because its online,and VII because i just dont like VII an excluding legends and adventure becuase i heard they werent even final fantasy games?

someone please help me with my self?...what the monkeys should i do?!
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
thanks everyone...ByeBye:choc2:

Leeza
07-28-2006, 04:50 AM
In my opinion, you should start with FFI and go on from there. :cat:

*moves to General FF*

Cookie
07-28-2006, 04:56 AM
don't start from FFI it's not as good. You should start from one of the second generation games. They are sick!

Sylvie
07-28-2006, 06:51 AM
No, thats a lie. Start from the first generation.

Dr. Acula
07-28-2006, 07:04 AM
Either start with FF1 or FF7. If you're a bad-graphics hater, you'r best off starting with, like, FF10 or something.

Snap Jumper
07-28-2006, 02:52 PM
Start with game 1, and work your way right through the series. If you'd rather hop around, 4 is a good starting point because the game takes care of a lot of the decision making. Just save 8 for later because its gameplay is very different from the rest.

Slothy
07-28-2006, 03:39 PM
If you plan on getting them all then just start with FFI and move up numerically from there.

I personally find that the NES games haven't aged that well though. The gameplay and stories are a little too outdated for my taste, so if I were to reccomend a starting place based on my tastes, it'd FFIV, and then move up from there. But that's just based on what I like. I think it's good to play the NES games to see the series roots, but they just aren't that essential in my eyes.

Tavrobel
07-28-2006, 03:58 PM
You should play IV first, as that seems to be the best one for breaking in new recruits. FFVII can be played at any point, because it is the primer for newb.
From there, it all depends on your personal taste:

Do you like graphics? Good.
Get over your spine-less-ness and play either FFX (but not FFX-2 unless you enjoy bad experiences) or FFVIII.

Do you not care about graphics? Great.
Play FFV or VI. (highly recommended)

If you REALLY love FF by this point, play IIj and IIIj.

If you want to watch all of the references possible, play IX, and then move onto Kingdom Hearts I and II. (these can be done at any point, technically)

If you like MMORPGs (like WoW but not as good, or E2 but way better), play FFXI, but it costs money.

You should probably save some money for FFXII when it comes out.

Dreddz
07-28-2006, 10:06 PM
Dont start with FF1, lots of people hate the first generation and think the later games are similier. Start with one of the later titles, thats FFVII-FFX-2.

rubah
07-28-2006, 11:04 PM
It doesn't really matter which one you play first, because they are all good for different reasons :)

I started with ff5, which gave me a good idea of what the expect from the older games, and then I followed that up with ffx, which showed me how amazing they would become.

Jessweeee♪
07-29-2006, 12:54 AM
confused yet?
These are the one's I've played:
FFIV advance
FFVII
FFVIII
FFX
FFX-2

FFVIII's juction system is really hard to get, especially when you've never played FF before (though it's definately the best once you get the hang of it)

FFIV i didn't like, but i don't really like the older ones as much.

FFVII is a little depressing, and slow-moving, but fun and materia is easy to use.

FFX: my favorite game hands down. Simple sphere grid, everyone has a job, it fits very nicely. it's CTB so you can leave the game on your turn w/o pausing. The best storyline of all of them.

FFX-2: a little disappointing after playing FFX, but still a good game. fast-moving battle system, lots and lots of dresspheres. make sure you pick up a guide before buying this one.

just read everyone's descriptions and decide for yourself

DJZen
07-29-2006, 01:06 AM
Oh for goodness sake, just do whatever the heck you want to do. Do you ask other people what order to tie your shoes in?

loinharte
07-29-2006, 01:23 AM
FFX-2: a little disappointing after playing FFX, but still a good game. fast-moving battle system, lots and lots of dresspheres. make sure you pick up a guide before buying this one.

that game sucked worst FF ever

anyway you should start with FFVII battle systems easy materia aint confusin and the storline is awesome

Christmas
07-30-2006, 06:07 AM
Play FFX-2

Lilliputian Hitcher
07-30-2006, 06:18 AM
Oh for goodness sake, just do whatever the heck you want to do. Do you ask other people what order to tie your shoes in?

black_cloud
07-30-2006, 06:24 AM
wow thanks you guys,but i tink im just gonna go ff I,ff II +++++++++ and ill work up from there and no id ont mid if i game has bad graphics...lol...i love dionkey kong and metalof honor games,how dcould i not

Zeromus_X
07-30-2006, 06:33 AM
If you can handle the older games(I-III; tedious) without a problem, then you should have no problem with the newer ones.

silentenigma
07-30-2006, 07:30 PM
Play FFX-2
heh heh heh...

I wonder if I still have that diagram of mine...
FFVI will pwn the noob out of you.

Tavrobel
07-31-2006, 12:48 AM
I wonder if I still have that diagram of mine...

http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/2558/choicesoj2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

ValiantKnight
08-01-2006, 07:06 PM
I would suggest an older game, IV or VI. Neither of which i've gotten to beat yet.

My first was VIII and it kinda is preventing me from playing the older ones(well that plus a hectic college schedule and jobs here and there).

I played VIII, and then VII, then IX.
Then I bought Anthology.

I loaded VI up, went through the opening sequence... got "Treasure Hunter dude" and went outside the first town.... I died about 5 minutes later and had to reset from last save. That was a wake up call.
I played VI through til the end, then was unable to play PS games for a while.. then when I got the ability again.... my save file in one of the last dungeons before the final one was erased off the card.... so... /sigh

But I'd recommend VI or IV
I'm gonna replay VI and start IV sometime after finishing X.

Rengori
08-01-2006, 08:06 PM
Screw FF, play Makai Kingdom.

Or if you can't find that, IV or VI.

Tavrobel
08-01-2006, 08:58 PM
Screw FF, play Makai Kingdom Star Ocean 3.

Or if you can't find that, IV X or VI.

Rengori
08-01-2006, 09:00 PM
If you read the first post, he already owns X.

Tavrobel
08-01-2006, 09:06 PM
It didn't say he played it all the way through, now did he?

Nor was I stating anything about owning it.

Psychotic
08-01-2006, 09:13 PM
Does anyone else take great amusement from the irony of FFVI fanboys calling everyone else fanboys, or is it just me?

I'd recommend VII, but if you don't like that for whatever reason, then I suggest IX.

DJZen
08-01-2006, 09:57 PM
Does anyone else take great amusement from the irony of FFVI fanboys calling everyone else fanboys, or is it just me?

Dude, even Alanis appreciates that irony.

Crossblades
08-02-2006, 01:26 AM
Start off with FF I and then work your way up

Ryth
08-03-2006, 01:16 AM
Final Fantasy IV, VI, and IX would be a great place to start on Final Fantasy. They're great games.

Bolivar
08-03-2006, 03:33 AM
I would start with 4, that was the first one where Square really knew what they were doing. Although I heard the GBA remake of I & II is pretty good. If they are, then the beginning is definatley the way to go. Especially considering by the team you beat them, III for DS will probably be out.

I think starting in the SNES trilogy would be best, because the earlier games didn't have it all together as much, and the PSX games completely changed the series. The first 6 games are very different from the rest, although each game does stand on its own.

chronic_Maniac
08-03-2006, 03:51 AM
I'd play FF1 first because it is the start!! jumping through them won't let you understand how the games evolved. Through each one they got different spells, skills, and ways to master learning them. Start small and little presents will come to a surprise. Tell me when ytou get to one where you can summon.

Jessweeee♪
08-03-2006, 10:22 PM
burn this thread from you memory and pick a game at random.

Frustrated ChocoboBreeder
08-12-2006, 12:55 AM
I started out with FF 10 and then wanted to go back and look at the other games in my oponion i liked FF7 alot. It's really what you like the most. Whats neat about all the Final Fantasy games is each game is unique and has their own storyline so order has nothing to do with it. Look up all the games and decide which one you think looks the best ask friends or you could just play in order seeing how it evolved like people mentioned. Either way I've never played a bad Final Fantasy game and I bet alot of people would agrre so you can't go wrong either way.

The Crystal
08-12-2006, 01:36 AM
Almost everyone that started to play the FF series, have his/her first FF game, as his/her favorite game in the series. Because of this, DON'T start with VII! The last thing that we need is another FFVII fanboy in the internet.

Marluxiaswife
08-23-2006, 05:01 AM

that game sucked worst FF ever

anyway you should start with FFVII battle systems easy materia aint confusin and the storline is awesome

You Suck!
:twak: