PDA

View Full Version : Judgement

Jojee
07-28-2006, 05:00 AM
I noticed that since I've changed my username to *points to my name, I can't even remember it XD* a lot of newbies have been acting just generally pretty condescending toward me and making quick judgements, which never happened when I was Monkey or Jojo :p ..Although when I was Jojo, they started thinking that I was trying to be that 12 year old pop star who sucks, haha :tongue: I already got an idea for my next name, though ^_-

Do you judge people by their usernames? Avatar/signature? How do you judge forumgoers? ;)

Fonzie
07-28-2006, 05:03 AM
I don't judge you, i just have a hard time understanding you. You silly girl :D

Meat Puppet
07-28-2006, 05:03 AM
I never judge a person by their user name.

I Took the Red Pill
07-28-2006, 05:04 AM
I usually just judge them by their posts, I try not to judge by username unless it's xClOuDrUlZ69x or something like that.

Rengori
07-28-2006, 05:05 AM
I judge anyone with the username "DeathKnight" as being arrogant and cocky. And I usually judge anyone with a username involving a Final Fantasy VII+ name as noobish.

Fonzie
07-28-2006, 05:06 AM
I judge anyone with the username "DeathKnight" as being arrogant and cocky. And I usually judge anyone with a username involving a Final Fantasy VII+ name as noobish.

Amen

Also find it if someone posts stupid crap like" HOW DO I REIVE AERIS?" or " WHO NOWS HOW TO FLY OR LEARN TO GET THIER JUDO SKILLS TO TEH AWESOME?" The way people type sorta pisses me off. I can understand mispelling a couple words, but please don't destory the english language.

Spammerman
07-28-2006, 05:21 AM
i agree with the posters above me

rubah
07-28-2006, 05:25 AM
I probably would judge you if I didn't know you xD

If only because you're one of those heathen who add another e to judgment!

Decessus
07-28-2006, 05:28 AM
I wasn't making fun of you. I was being an ahole. It's in my blood.

Reine
07-28-2006, 06:12 AM
I judge people by the way they posst, but a dumbass username CAN dissuade me at times.

I tend to associate those with capitalised usernames without underscores and various punctuation marks as superior xD

Rase
07-28-2006, 06:19 AM
Aside from the content of their posts, I try to not judge people. Sometimes a username like the ones previously mentioned can make me skeptical of a person, but I'm always happy to be proven wrong about this (see: masamune1600). Heck, my original username was Dark_Paladin_Cecil, so I'm not one to talk about FF-related names and underscores and the like.

stuffing
07-28-2006, 06:49 AM
Nope

vampirepiggyhunter7
07-28-2006, 06:51 AM
The only way I would judge someone is by the "You are this character" quizes. That's IT.

Spammerman
07-28-2006, 07:36 AM
I noticed that since I've changed my username to *points to my name, I can't even remember it XD* a lot of newbies have been acting just generally pretty condescending toward me and making quick judgements, which never happened when I was Monkey or Jojo :p ..Although when I was Jojo, they started thinking that I was trying to be that 12 year old pop star who sucks, haha :tongue: I already got an idea for my next name, though ^_-

Do you judge people by their usernames? Avatar/signature? How do you judge forumgoers? ;)
you were monkey and jojo?

Sylvie
07-28-2006, 07:42 AM

QFT To the mega.

Jojee
07-28-2006, 09:07 AM
I wasn't making fun of you. I was being an ahole. It's in my blood. It's not only you, although you are the one that inspired this post and I did get a little peeved ;) Don't worry, there's many.

you were monkey and jojo? Yes? :p

Also dammit rubah, judgment... judgement.... judgement looks more right to me :( *shoots you*

Also why FFVII+ names = noobish, when FFVII- names isn't? terra_celes_ff6 is better than cloud_squall_weather? :p

Rengori
07-28-2006, 09:15 AM
Also why FFVII+ names = noobish, when FFVII- names isn't? terra_celes_ff6 is better than cloud_squall_weather? :p
Good point. Maybe any name with a Final Fantasy name, underscores and/or numbers is kinda noobish.

Lawr
07-28-2006, 09:25 AM
You are obviously a monkey.

Try judging my username 0_o

Bart's Friend Milhouse
07-28-2006, 09:29 AM
I usually use people's user names to get an idea of what kind of person they are.
I'm also happy to hear so far that there are several people who don't judge others by their user names. This is good for me because my user name sucks

Nominus Experse
07-28-2006, 11:02 AM
If it seems to be an incredibly stupid username, I usually check their profile, to see if the strange suspiscion that I suddenly feel is truth. I try to be unbiased and not given to prejudice or manufactured opinions, so I read through the profile and see what they have posted, and how they have reacted. In this way, I may have an arousing suspiscion about them, but I don't immediately judge them based upon such things.

Really, it's just like the real world. Some people may, from their physical appearence, seem to be something, but in the end, they are different from what you first pictured them as.