PDA

View Full Version : Equipping Items Help

neurolyte
07-28-2006, 04:11 PM
In my manual it says to press L while having an item selected (withing the PARTY menu) to see if it improves my character (by turning blue) or decreases my character (by turning red). Ive tried this a million times, and it will not work. I have to equip items then manually go check to see if it improves my character. its quite annoying. Not only in the PARTY menu, but what about in the SHOP. Is there any easier way to see if the item I want to purchase will improve my character BEFORE buying it? (Instead of manually checking the item i have equipped with the one i want to buy?) Can anyone help me out with this?

Thanks guys.

Skyblade
07-28-2006, 07:01 PM
It isn't the L button, it's the Start button. Go to the character you want to equip, inside the Party menu, and when you get to the list of equipment, press Start while you have highlighted the equipment you want to check. It will show stat boosts and drops if you equip that weapon instead of whatever is currently in the item slot you chose.

neurolyte
07-28-2006, 10:42 PM
Thanks for the help man! Its truly appreciated!:beer:

Fireblade13
08-02-2006, 12:18 PM
Thank You i was manualy checking too!

Nominus Experse
08-03-2006, 09:59 AM
Damn, I never knew that trick.. and I have played the game for over 550 hours, counting multiple play-thrus..

God.. that would have saved countless amounts of time, for I was, exactly as Fireblade13 was, manually checking each and every time I recieved new equipment or whenever I wished to see what they stats may have been...

Was that it the little booklet that came with the game, the useful tip that is?

Skyblade
08-03-2006, 08:15 PM
Next time ask sooner. :D I've known about this since I first got the game.

Western Paladin
08-13-2006, 04:03 AM
Same here buddy. I always have to press every button just to see what they do, since I'm a curious little bugger (which is how I got those Gaol missions, since I just have to read the info on each mission item I get). Also, 550 hours? I have a slot with like 450 hours on it, but man I'm not even that bad (it was my first play-through, and it is still short 5 missions until tomorrow when I finally get the item I need to complete my last missions! YES!). It does have 6 lv 50's, all of which are masters of their particular jobs, and are walking WARMECHs in the purest sense, but I have not enough hours in the day to devoted all the attention I should to the game.

Nominus Experse
08-14-2006, 01:36 AM
Also, 550 hours?
Indeed - it takes about that much time to have twelve units master EVERY single class. It doesn't help that I can't trade with anyone, thus, such a thing makes acquiring Mythril weapons a pain in the ass.

Feather Badge (or whatever it's called) is your friend - your best friend. Double AP = up to 160 AP for one battle.

Skyblade
08-14-2006, 06:01 AM
Also, 550 hours?
Indeed - it takes about that much time to have twelve units master EVERY single class. It doesn't help that I can't trade with anyone, thus, such a thing makes acquiring Mythril weapons a pain in the ass.

Feather Badge (or whatever it's called) is your friend - your best friend. Double AP = up to 160 AP for one battle.

Feather Badge is 150% AP, I think. Insignia is 200% AP. And you're right, it's awesome.

Western Paladin
08-14-2006, 10:29 PM
I agree. I have 1 person I can trade with, so mithril is a hell-trip to find, and I have a few people that happen to wear the damn insignia: wherever they go, it follows. I love my templar, and he knows like everything possible. 550 hours is a nice respectable time, too.