PDA

View Full Version : Monster Breeding Probabilities

-N-
07-28-2006, 09:57 PM
Does anyone know the mechanics behind monster breeding? I presume it depends on variables like "how many monsters of the same race" and "level of monsters" and "type of monsters" and stuff. But I can't find any literature on it. Anyone know? It would really help with my Ramza + 4 monsters challenge.

BG-57
07-29-2006, 03:36 PM
I don't know the exact probabilities, but I have some observations that may help:

1) Monsters breed higher breeds with decreasing frequencies. So a Hyrudra most likely will breed other Hyrudras, less likely Hydras and rarely Tiamats.

2) The monster level seems to be a function of the average of the other members in the roster. So if you you capture a level 23 chocobo with a level 50 party, the offspring will be around 50 as well.

3) I haven't noticed any difference if you have several of the same breed together in the party.

4) You can sometimes peek into the eggs before they hatch by scrolling quickly over them.

5) Obviously breeding goes faster when two adjacent non-combat sites on the world map open up. Do a lot of breeding whenever that happens.

6) Try breeding only one species at a time. It's very frustrating to breed two or more at the same time.