PDA

View Full Version : Has this game been spoiled for you ?

Dreddz
07-29-2006, 01:03 AM
Has being on the FFXII ( or any other board or forum ) spoiled the game for you ? By spoiled I mean reading plot lines and such. Im pretty tip top, Ive read a few spoilers ( not major ), but ive forgotten most of them. So im still dumb witted to whats going on in FFXII :)

Slothy
07-29-2006, 03:28 AM
I've avoided pretty much everything to do with the plot of the game to be perfectly honest. Moreso then any other FF title in the past, and I think it's helped that the new battle system has gotten most of the attention over the years. To be perfectly honest, I've avoided story details to the point that I only have the most basic idea what the story's even about. But then, all I need to know is that Matsuno was the driving force behind the game for much of it's development to know that it will rock.

Angelroo
07-29-2006, 04:53 AM
Same. Other than general things that happen in the first few minutes of the game, I'm pretty clueless. I wish I could have gone that way for ffx, but I still enjoyed it. Oh, wait I don't know any... hehe

LunarWeaver
07-29-2006, 06:43 AM
I have no clue what the game is about at all more or less. I haven't watched trailers or anything.

Zeromus_X
07-29-2006, 07:22 AM
I know the names of some bosses/the final boss, but I have no clue what role they play in the story/why they're fighting them/ anything else about the story.

And Judge Gabranth is the guy in the logo, whoever he is.

Silent Warrior
07-29-2006, 03:36 PM
I can't say I do much more than lurk these days, so I'm unspoiled. I don't think I'd give a spoiler a serious look if I WAS subjected to them for an extended period of time anyway.

Sefie1999AD
07-29-2006, 04:07 PM
I've heard some things about the storyline, but I haven't really been paying attention to the plot discussions around here, and I don't really know much about the storyline at all.

feona17
07-29-2006, 04:59 PM
I've stayed away from pretty much everything except for the trailers. I can wait 3 months, no big deal.

YTDN
07-30-2006, 02:53 PM
It's been hard to not look up Spoilers. But I will not! I will keep this game spoiler-free until it comes out!

Khaotic
07-30-2006, 03:00 PM
I haven't read ANY spoilers or even watched ANY movies, that includes the opening "movie" and I plan to keep it that way. :p

Aurongel
07-31-2006, 01:10 AM
I saw a few FMV's... now I feel regret

Nominus Experse
07-31-2006, 08:04 AM
I've watched the opening trailer and a few videos on what the battles look like and how the game mechanics work, which was a mistake, because now I am literally counting down the days to its prospective release...

tidus_rox
08-17-2006, 01:53 AM
YES!!! OMG i found out everything i DIDNT want to find out in this forum. Everyone was giving away important stuff in the game. Lol i stopped playing ff viii because someone told me the ending and some major events in between

Dynast-Kid
08-23-2006, 01:52 AM
I smurfing hate myself because I have looked at the spoilers!

Excuse me,i'm gonna go bang my head against a brick wall now so I can forget all of the spoilers...

I feel so much regret!

feona17
08-23-2006, 02:07 AM
Ahhh... I did read one spoiler, and I was so mad but now I've forgotten what it was. ...Sweet.

Dynast-Kid
08-23-2006, 02:11 AM
Help me forget!Please...

Vyk
08-23-2006, 03:11 AM
I haven't read spoilers. I've watched trailers and saw the opening movie. Which I'm assuming will be unchanged in its american release. Its the first few minutes of the game. It'll be the first few minutes of the game when it's in my hands. So I don't consider that spoiling it. Just experiencing it early. Though doing that is the only reason I'm even interested in the game. I've fallen out of Final Fantasy. But judging from the plot set up by the opening they seem to have gotten back on track. We shall see. But for the most part I'm spoiler free. And usually I don't even care about spoilers. I think experiencing it is different than knowing it.

Dynast-Kid
08-23-2006, 03:27 AM
I guess it really is different.

In FFX, I knew Tidus was gonna fade away,yet I still cried because I experienced him fading away.

.c.h.r.i.s.
08-23-2006, 06:14 AM
I've spoiled myself on a few things.... but not as much as I have in the past. I really want to keep myself in the dark for when this game comes out.

However this doesn't explain myself buying the Japanese version recently (hey, I can't wait until Haloween:love:).

No.78
08-23-2006, 12:51 PM
I'm a spoiler whore, to the point where spoilers dont spoil at all. So I'm all good... (to me, a game without spoilers is just TOO MUCH)

Sunny Day Suicide
08-23-2006, 02:40 PM
I kind of forgot the stuff I knew too. Which is a good thing.

No.78
08-23-2006, 02:56 PM
Yes forgetting is good. I've almost forgotten what the summon sequences looked like XD

Madame Adequate
08-23-2006, 02:58 PM
I've only come across two or three spoilers - all minor - and I've forgotten all but one of them anyway. I'll probably forget that in between now and release as well.

Dynast-Kid
08-24-2006, 06:02 AM
I've read every spoiler i've come across!

Hopefully,I can forget them!(I forgot some of them)

marc
09-06-2006, 03:18 PM

In FFX, I knew Tidus was gonna fade away,yet I still cried because I experienced him fading away.

Thanks for that.
I know this isn't the FFX forum, but yeah, that wasn't very nice for me as I've only just started it.

Sephiroths Clone
09-06-2006, 04:24 PM
I stayed clear from any spolier tags around here, except i did watch the intro to the game, but that doesnt really matter. The one thing i did read was about the Balthier, Ashe, and Fran love triangle. Thats really it.

farplaner
09-06-2006, 04:43 PM

Thanks for that.
I know this isn't the FFX forum, but yeah, that wasn't very nice for me as I've only just started it.

Don't worry al-bhed kid's statement only vaguely describes what really happens. This is what really happens: (just kidding)

I've watched trailers for XII, but that's about as far as I've gone into it. I've been careful of spoilers, 'cause you never know when someone might blurt out something about the ending and whatnot.

FallenAngel411
09-07-2006, 01:06 AM
Nope, I am happily spoiler-free and will so remain until October 31! woot woot :3

Dynast-Kid
09-07-2006, 03:47 AM

Thanks for that.

Sorry.But like farplaner said,there's more to it.

Anyway,sorry.Wasn't expecting anyone to find that as a spoiler.

Zeromus_X
09-07-2006, 03:55 AM
Yay! Perfect example of the phailure spoiler policy. Someone may have actually not played the game, for however X years it's been released! Amazing! :cat:

LunarWeaver
09-07-2006, 05:25 AM
I think it's 2 years when the spoilers don't have to be marked anymore... I think :O_O: I know X's time is up though. But some people like Zero fight THE MAN and spoiler tag everything anyway.

Dubhghlas
09-08-2006, 04:37 PM
I've never bothered to read up on any FF pre-release spoliers, rumors, faqs before and I do not intend to start now! Aside from a demo trailer I saw years ago and a video taken from the demo disc I know nothing about this game, other than that all the characters are rip-offs of star wars characters.:p

To be honest up until recently when I was round at my friends house and he showed me a FFXIII trailer I had completely forgotten about FFXII.

I am not suprised that some people have spolied it for themselves a bit though. Theres not exactly a shortage of information about this game. Just when was it released in Japan?

Dynast-Kid
09-08-2006, 09:19 PM
Just when was it released in Japan?

Some time in late March I think...

Nifleheim7
09-08-2006, 10:22 PM
I have seen a lot of trailers and i've read many things about this game so i think i have to stop at one point.
Unfortunately for us Europeans the danger of spoilers will be far greater once the game is released in the U.S.

Dynast-Kid
09-08-2006, 10:29 PM
I agree.

This isn't a real spoiler...What were you expecting,the whole FFXII plot line or somethin'?:D

Nifleheim7
09-08-2006, 10:32 PM
lol,i suspected it was something like that;)

exit60b
09-08-2006, 11:53 PM
not really for me. i've been avoiding reading up on it, wanting to be completely surprised when it finally does come out in the US. I actually visited the website to see what it's all about and I think thats all I do until I buy it.... I can't wait for it though :)

farplaner
09-09-2006, 08:47 AM
Yay! Perfect example of the phailure spoiler policy. Someone may have actually not played the game, for however X years it's been released! Amazing! :cat:

Like Lunarweaver suggests, you can't expect people to censor their conversation about what happens at the end of Super Mario Bros. 2.

Madame Adequate
09-09-2006, 12:03 PM
Turns out it was all a dream.

farplaner
09-09-2006, 01:44 PM
Turns out it was all a dream.

*best Homer impression ever managed: "DOH!!"

My name is...something..?
09-09-2006, 03:23 PM
No, not really.
But I was looking up: Gilgamesh from FF V, and I learned he was in it.:( Dammit Wikipedia.