PDA

View Full Version : Suikoden, anyone?

ValkyrieWing
07-29-2006, 05:13 AM
I love the Suikoden series...well, mostly anyway. 1 and 2 were amazing, 3 was good, 4 was an abomination, and 5 is pretty good....

Of course, this is just my opinion.

Zeromus_X
07-29-2006, 05:18 AM
I've only seen the fourth one being played. The series looks pretty interesting in general. And, there was a kitty person! :cat: :love: Maybe someday I'll pick up some of them.

ValkyrieWing
07-29-2006, 05:23 AM
I've only seen the fourth one being played. The series looks pretty interesting in general. And, there was a kitty person! :cat: :love: Maybe someday I'll pick up some of them.

I totally reccomend the series. I'm not saying there weren't times I wanted to throw my controller, but they were very few. ^_^

Yes, there are kitty people...and ducky people...and puppy people....O_O

Raven Nox
07-29-2006, 06:49 AM
I love the Suikoden series, it's one of my favorites. And I also enjoyed Suikoden IV, even though alot of people seemed to not really like it.

Duncan
07-29-2006, 07:56 AM
I am actually playing Suikoden I for the first time right now, and I like it so much I tracked down a copy of Suikoden II. Very good so far. If you can find it, give it a go.

Black Mage
07-29-2006, 08:33 AM
I was big on the Suikoden series when I had first gotten into it a few years back. I've tappered a little, but I still retain my love for the elder in the series.

When I got started, I played them in order and to this day, Suikoden (I) is my favorite of the bunch. Followed by II, and then III. I know most prefer II to I, and perhaps my choice was made due to playing them both in rapid succession, but Suikoden I just had a bigger impact on me.

I enjoyed III as well, but it was number IV that I didn't care much for. Since, I haven't picked up Tactics or V. I have heard V has fixed the faults in IV and is right up there with II as one of the greats but I'm not ready to invest 50 dollars after IV. When the price drops I'll dive right in, for sure.

Dreddz
07-29-2006, 01:04 PM
Suikoden II is my favourite of the series, Suikoden I takes second. I have yet to play the third, which im told is great. People critisise the fourth, it wasnt that bad, wouldnt go back to the game though, once I had beaten it I moved on quite swiftly. I enjoyed Suikoden V, not as great as the first 2 ive played, still enjoyable.

ValkyrieWing
07-29-2006, 03:01 PM
I didn't like 4 because the BOAT WAS SO DAMN SLOW!

*cough*

Anyway....

I liked Tactics a lot...a little repetitive, but most strategy games are. I and II tie as my favorite...I thought both games were beautifiul, had a wonderful story and awesome characters.

My friends compare me to Apple...^_^;;

Anybody got a favorite Rune? Mine's the Shining Shield.

The Last Ancient
07-29-2006, 08:40 PM
Suikoden 1 is a classic. Suikoden 2 is a masterpiece. Suikoden 3 is fantastic with one or two horrible, god-awful flaws that really drag it down. Mainly running back and forth across the plains and that bloody mountain path, and the music is completely horrendous. Suikoden 4 is a train wreck with a dumb, retarded, mute for a main character. Suikoden 5 was refreshing but not as good as the first 3.

ValkyrieWing
07-30-2006, 06:29 AM
Suikoden 1 is a classic. Suikoden 2 is a masterpiece. Suikoden 3 is fantastic with one or two horrible, god-awful flaws that really drag it down. Mainly running back and forth across the plains and that bloody mountain path, and the music is completely horrendous. Suikoden 4 is a train wreck with a dumb, retarded, mute for a main character. Suikoden 5 was refreshing but not as good as the first 3.

There's a very good reason that 2 is my favorite. ^_^

Khaotic
07-30-2006, 08:00 AM
Surprised no one mentioned tactics, I used to play V but then I got really bored after awhile, same goes for III. I wanted to try II but its pretty expensive and quite rare.

ValkyrieWing
07-30-2006, 08:25 AM
Surprised no one mentioned tactics, I used to play V but then I got really bored after awhile, same goes for III. I wanted to try II but its pretty expensive and quite rare.

I liked Tactics...

Madame Adequate
07-30-2006, 04:19 PM
I enjoyed III as well, but it was number IV that I didn't care much for. Since, I haven't picked up Tactics or V. I have heard V has fixed the faults in IV and is right up there with II as one of the greats but I'm not ready to invest 50 dollars after IV. When the price drops I'll dive right in, for sure.

It is worth $50. Because of import costs, I paid closer to $80, and it was worth every last cent. It's as good as I, only a little behind II. I like III quite a bit, but I think this; "Suikoden 3 is fantastic with one or two horrible, god-awful flaws that really drag it down." is an excellent appraisal. IV was disappointing indeed, but I've never seen a series make such a big recovery in a single game like this.

Choosing a fave character is kind of difficult, given that there are hundreds, but I would say that Lorelei and Luserina are strong contendors. Viki, too.