PDA

View Full Version : So I drew a picture once

rubah
07-29-2006, 08:11 AM
http://www.snowy-day.net/stuff/art/sketches/selfportrait2.png

just a stylized self portrait, I gotta use this mirror for something xD one side is lit by fluorescent light, one by CRT monitor light:)

Cookie
07-29-2006, 08:13 AM
that's good! What did you use to draw it?

rubah
07-29-2006, 08:46 AM
open canvas+tablet

Shiny
07-29-2006, 08:59 AM
I like abstract drawings the best. <3

Madonna
07-29-2006, 06:20 PM
I cannot see anything. ;__;

loinharte
07-29-2006, 06:22 PM
http://www.snowy-day.net/stuff/selfportrait2.png

just a stylized self portrait, I gotta use this mirror for something xD one side is lit by fluorescent light, one by CRT monitor light:)

awesome that a good drawing

rubah
07-29-2006, 07:46 PM
turn your monitor brightness up then lynxie xD

Madonna
07-29-2006, 10:03 PM
It does not make a difference; there is still nothing to see. The problem is that the light does not travel across the face at all to give much detail to look at. The details that show are alright, I guess, but what is up with the eyes? One has little light spot on it like it was a marble, whilst the other gets enough light that you would think that one would be squinting with that kind of intrusion. Plus, I do not think that eye, the right, is even in a socket.

I love you, rubah, I really do, but this is not one of your better works, me thinks.

rubah
07-30-2006, 07:12 PM
it's stylistic, because while there *light* that was hitting my face in the mirror I was using, the value of light did not travel across the face, and I chose to ignore the lesser values. The blue dot is a reflection on the eye from the computer screen that is extremely brighter than the rest of the eye. Above it is the eyelid, which was similarly illumined. on the other side, the eye did not reflect any sort of bright spot of light in this manner, but the lower eyelid was very well lit up.

but I'll definitely be the first to agree with you lynxie, it wasn't a very serious work at all ;]

lovehurts
07-30-2006, 08:12 PM
If there was more dsitance and body to the picture I would have ejoyed it more. 9.05 /10

misscleo
08-16-2006, 06:09 AM
And here I was today, looking at my reflexion in the computer monitor, thinking with my face lit up by the flourescent light at the left, that I might like to draw myself. Now here you are with this! Great minds think alike I guess. It feels uncanny to me.

I like it. In my drawing, I would have used blue-white, since that is what my reflexion is looking like.

My gosh rubah! do you think we might be soul-siblings?

tan
08-16-2006, 06:20 AM
This is really good! The colors blend well, and though it may look a bit strange when you first look at it, once you analyze, I think it looks good.

Owen Macwere
08-17-2006, 02:44 PM
I like this drewing, it is so smooth and nice, good work rubah. ;)