PDA

View Full Version : Do you even like Final Fantasy?

Psydekick
07-29-2006, 08:31 AM
i would be intrested to see if anyone here doesent like FF, i do like it myself, what about you guys?

Cookie
07-29-2006, 08:36 AM
I'd say it's probably my favourite game (collective) What is better?

Roogle
07-29-2006, 08:38 AM
Yes, I like the Final Fantasy series. You will see that there are always some in a community who are there for their own reasons, and not the reasons upon which the community was founded.

rubah
07-29-2006, 08:41 AM
like weird people in harry potter chats who had never seen the movies nor read the books!

I like final fantasy

Cid
07-29-2006, 08:44 AM
Honestly, I haven't enjoyed a FF since FF8. I played FF9 but didn't beat it, I beat 10 but disliked it, and I am unwilling to pay for the monthly expense of FFXI. Lets not even talk about FFX-2.

That being said, I am excited for FFXII.

Christmas
07-29-2006, 09:01 AM
Yes.

Outer Heaven
07-29-2006, 09:05 AM
WTF is Final Fantasy??:confused:

Just kidding. Yes I do like Final Fantasy.

Freya
07-29-2006, 09:08 AM
Honestly, I haven't enjoyed a FF since FF8. I played FF9 but didn't beat it, I beat 10 but disliked it, and I am unwilling to pay for the monthly expense of FFXI. Lets not even talk about FFX-2.

OMG he's been spotted it's like.... seeing bigfoot or something!

Yeah i like 7,8, and 9, 10 was ok, 11 took too long to lvl, i prefer WoW. 10-2 was cute, thats about it.

BUT, I'm excited for 12, it looks promising, that and the 13 tralier looks good.

Reine
07-29-2006, 09:19 AM
I used to like the series the most out of all games. Then I got a source of money, and have been able to play many different games and RPGs, and soon, the Final Fantsy series lost its shine. Only the story seperates it from the rest these days, and all new FF games that were made after FFIX have been boring, and failures. As such, I have no interest in 12 or 13. I will get them of course, however.

G SpOtZ
07-29-2006, 09:31 AM
Final Fantasy? Is that like, that game, with the pixelated characters with the swords and stuff, and you swing the swords at animals? Doesn't it promote animal abuse? I swear that I saw a clip of FFVII once where some guy with spikey hair and a big sword slashed a poor little squirrel or groundhog or whatever it was. Poor thing.

Rase
07-29-2006, 09:42 AM
I like certain ones, and don't care for others. Overall it's a good series, though there are plenty of games I like more.

CloudDragon
07-29-2006, 10:28 AM
If I didn't at some point like the series, I don't think I'd be here.

Old Manus
07-29-2006, 10:58 AM
It was great until FFX-2, now I've just sort of lost interest.

Meat Puppet
07-29-2006, 11:00 AM
It's okay.

Peter_20
07-29-2006, 11:24 AM
No, I hate FF so much that I feel the urge to actually stay on this forum! :eek:

I like Final Fantasy, obviously.

If you were just a poor dog that was a parent of some pups, and you saw some threateningly dangerous looking people with big swords coming at you, wouldn't you want to be protective? They're not evil, they're just misunderstood.Oh no, what if I kill the animated animals that are so alive?! :eek:

:D

Jebus
07-29-2006, 11:48 AM
I don't particularly care for it, but I don't hate it.

Suikoden is much better though.

Jojee
07-29-2006, 11:58 AM

OMG he's been spotted it's like.... seeing bigfoot or something!

Yeah i like 7,8, and 9, 10 was ok, 11 took too long to lvl, i prefer WoW. 10-2 was cute, thats about it.

BUT, I'm excited for 12, it looks promising, that and the 13 tralier looks good. You guys are crazy, 12 looks crappy. I won't bother with it. 13 looks great, though - I'm excited for that :)

Cz
07-29-2006, 02:00 PM
I don't play it nearly as much as I used to, since the likes of X-2 and XI weren't really my cup of tea, and my interest in the series rather abated as a consequence. I still like certain games (FFs I, V, VI and IX are all classics) but the series as a whole doesn't captivate me the way it used to. That said, FFXII looks promising and I'm eager to play it, so maybe that'll restore my interest.

Zeldy
07-29-2006, 02:02 PM
I loved 7 & 9, and absoloutly hated 8. I didn't want a ps1, I really didn't, I had asked for a Nintendo 64 xD

I have no intentions of getting a ps2 :)

Rye
07-29-2006, 02:03 PM
You guys are crazy, 12 looks crappy. I won't bother with it. 13 looks great, though - I'm excited for that :)

I think I love you. I thought the same exact thing. I'll get 12, but it doesn't look amazing to me.

I like Final Fantasy, but I seldom play it, and I've lost interest somewhat. I wish there was a new one like FF9, because that's my favourite. :)

GooeyToast
07-29-2006, 02:05 PM
Yes, although I haven't been playing them much during the past few months. I love 6-10, they're all great in their own ways.

Dreddz
07-29-2006, 02:05 PM
I like Final Fantasy, and I do play them every now and again. Whether there old or new, there all great.

Mirage
07-29-2006, 02:57 PM
FF10 is okay, but the last real good FF i played was FF8. I hope FF12 will change that. Actually, I very strongly believe it will.

Venom
07-29-2006, 02:58 PM
Nah I hate Final Fantasy, infact I wouldnt be caught dead posting at its forums.

Moon Rabbits
07-29-2006, 03:06 PM

yes.

Carl the Llama
07-29-2006, 03:25 PM
Why do so many people hate X-2 I personally loved it, whats the big deal. Its fun and light hearted and for once the leading roll is a woman rather then some emo bloke

Hambone
07-29-2006, 03:30 PM
Final Fantasy was pretty much the reason why I joined, but then I discovered General Chat. Yes, I like Final Fantasy... V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X. :) They're the only ones that I like that I have owned. But Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles and X-2, They are kinda suck-ish.

lovehurts
07-29-2006, 03:31 PM
I grew up with the games and still play now and then. My brother and I spent our best qualtiy bothern time playing these games days and day through.

These games, this tittle , final fantasy will always have a special place in my heart.

Sefie1999AD
07-29-2006, 03:50 PM
What's Final Fantasy, is that something you can eat or something you can fantasize about? :p

I like Final Fantasies, although I haven't had much time to play them lately. I've had Final Fantasy IV Advance ever since last December, and I've only played it for about 27 hours or so, and I still haven't beaten it. Final Fantasy XII seems like a pretty good game, though I'm more looking forward to Kingdom Hearts II and Final Fantasy III DS.

Faris
07-29-2006, 03:54 PM
Yes, but I'm not obsessed with it. (Hey people, it's just a screen name, no more, no less!)

Giga Guess
07-29-2006, 04:29 PM
Of course! It's why I joined this place in the first place.

edczxcvbnm
07-29-2006, 04:31 PM
It is Okay at best. Too many games in the series are crap.

Leeza
07-29-2006, 04:58 PM
I have just deleted many posts in this thread because they were not on topic and conversational.

blitz-ace9: please do not treat the forums as a chatroom and do not take the main topic off track by asking questions that do not pertain to it. If you wish to speak an individual member, PM them...do not ask them in-thread.

I like FF and one day I hope to actually play and finish all of them. I've got 2 down, 2 in progress and I guess that leaves about 6 or 7 to go. And then, of course, there's also FFXI. :cat:

Madonna
07-29-2006, 06:35 PM
I tend to love the Final Fantasy series; heck, I enjoyed Mystic Quest. In my defense, I was six at the time.

Psydekick
07-29-2006, 06:45 PM
I agree with Little Manus :laugh:I mean X-2 was just so poor and 11 looks boring as well, 12 might be good, havent seen any pics of it yet

Ruskies
07-29-2006, 06:52 PM
All FF's were poo until there was X-2 and my life was completed!! No but really I found something about every FF that I like so all of them are good and worth playing for me. :)

Yamaneko
07-29-2006, 06:56 PM
Haven't enjoyed them in a long time. I find American-style RPGs much more engaging. I'll play the old remakes on the GBA/DS though.

Shoeberto
07-29-2006, 07:08 PM
I'll play them, though I don't really care that much about them. They're hardly my favorite series anymore. I like to play games that, like, take skill, and stuff.

KentaRawr!
07-29-2006, 07:10 PM
I used to, but now I play different games. I still like Final Fantasy, but not as much as before.

Venom
07-29-2006, 07:12 PM
Despite my sarcastic post:rolleyes2 I like to play Final fantasy and right now I am working on beating VII and actually getting everything this time.

Rocket Edge
07-29-2006, 07:16 PM
Of course i do. FF is the greatest.

Behold the Void
07-29-2006, 07:33 PM
I enjoy many Final Fantasies. Others, I'm not so fond of. But as a whole, I enjoy the series.

Dr Unne
07-29-2006, 07:41 PM
I'm playing FF1 right now.

Sylvie
07-29-2006, 08:23 PM
Yup. I love a lot of them. I,II,III, IV, V, (haven't played VI), VII, VIII, (IX? Meh...), X, XI...

Laugh at face of Danger
07-29-2006, 09:32 PM
let's see, crazy thoughts, eyes on final fantasy... maybe we like final fantasy just a bit?

just playing wit cha Sora!! but yeah, i bet some just go "frend shud join me on teh rox0rs forums so we can spamz up teh web!!!!!1!!!111!!!1" and then the friend replies "oh, sounds like a jolly good idea, old chum"

personally, i love ff to bits and then back together, it's coolies!

SammieBabe
07-29-2006, 09:44 PM
Yeah I like the games. I don't play that much anymore due to the fact I've spent so many hours playing the ones I have, I've lost interest in them. Hopefully when a new game comes out, it'll rekindle my interest...

Bart's Friend Milhouse
07-29-2006, 09:44 PM
Yeah I like the series alright though I'm not so crazy about it as I was five years ago. I try to play the games whenever I can

Yuffie514
07-29-2006, 10:17 PM
Favorite PS1: Final Fantasy VIII
Favorite PS2: Final Fantasy X
Favorite GBA: Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Favorite S/NES: never played enough

black_cloud
07-29-2006, 10:32 PM
yeah,i plan on buying:
I
II
III,IV,V,VI,VIII,IX
tactics,tacticsadvance,mystic questa da few more,but i already ahve X And X-2 and i hate 7

RPJesus
07-29-2006, 10:52 PM
I haven't actually played them that much (8 years on VIII, maybe, but how far did I get?), but I like em. I love what I know of them. Except Tidus... and Blitzball... and X2.

topnotchwholesaledotcom
07-29-2006, 10:58 PM
I only like the final fantasy games for NES and SNES. I have played almost every final fantasy game and the new ones are not as good as the old ones.

TinyRikku
07-30-2006, 07:00 AM
Are you kidding me?! I love Final Fantasy, I've either played or beaten them all, I would be so lost without Final Fantasy...IT'S MY LIFE!!! It makes me mad, sad, awsome, confused, and whatever other emothions there are. Whenever I start playing I just can't put the controller down. And I even want to kill or just hurt some people in it!! I know I'm crazy but hey, Final Fantasy is my life, even Square-Enix for that matter...I LOVE HAVING NO LIFE!!!! lol :choc2:

TinyRikku
07-30-2006, 07:04 AM
yeah,i plan on buying:
I
II
III,IV,V,VI,VIII,IX
tactics,tacticsadvance,mystic questa da few more,but i already ahve X And X-2 and i hate 7

WHAT?! FFVII is the best one ever!!!!! All the others are great too but nothing beats FVII. I know I sound like a huge geek but idc...And if you don't like FFVII then why is your name Black_"Cloud"???? Can you explain that to me??

Zeromus_X
07-30-2006, 07:05 AM
Being on an FF Forum, yes, I do enjoy the series. I generally enjoy all the ones I've played, and I've probably played almost all of them. I'll probably continue buying them too; although not XIII for some time.

I'm no fan of this spin-off crap, but SE has to make money to make more games, so I won't complain.

Avarice-ness
07-30-2006, 07:12 AM
FFVI!

scrumpleberry
07-30-2006, 07:52 AM
Ummmm...I think most people wouldn't join the eyes on FINAL FANTASY forums unless they liked the game...but like you said, there are some people who just join for the heck of it.

I love the series, but its kind of stupid for me to be a fan, as I don't have that many of the games.

Nominus Experse
07-30-2006, 10:39 AM
This seems like a very useless thread, due to its name and whatnot, but all the same...

Final Fantasy, which is such an ironic though understandable name, is a lovable series; however, it is, to me, not the greatest. It's fun, and I've enjoyed all of them. Yes, even X-2, which, albeit the storyline and the random bubbly stabs, it was incrediably fun.

All in all, it's a fun series, and sometimes it truly shines, but it is not the geatest to be had.

Khaotic
07-30-2006, 10:47 AM
Its an alright series... I mean its definately not one of the best, but it has its ups and downs, I suppose.

ok.. that was sarcasm

Yes, I do enjoy Final Fantasy, I'm currently waiting for 12 to be released in USA.

I Don't Need A Name
07-30-2006, 10:48 AM
WHAT?! FFVII is the best one ever!!!!! All the others are great too but nothing beats FVII. I know I sound like a huge geek but idc...And if you don't like FFVII then why is your name Black_"Cloud"???? Can you explain that to me??

hey, calm down. FFVII is the best in YOUR opinion, because i dislike it as well! FFVI is the best by far

TinyRikku
07-30-2006, 05:01 PM

hey, calm down. FFVII is the best in YOUR opinion, because i dislike it as well! FFVI is the best by far

Yea I guess you're right hehe sorry, I just get worked up sometimes :rolleyes2 that's all^^ hehe. And yes FFVI does rock out loud also :D

malayguy
07-30-2006, 05:10 PM

i have played FFXII japanese...
although i don't understand japanese, i manage to play till i stuck at the golmore jungle...
i already have a mistknack for basch, vaan and balflear...
also a summon for ashe, i think its name is belias...

SuperNatural
07-31-2006, 12:33 AM
What's this "Final Fantasy" you speak of? Is it the final video game to have fantasy elements or something?

Zilam
07-31-2006, 07:36 AM
Why join if I didn't like the games? :p I love 'em all....well minus Crystal Chronicles and X-2

Slade
07-31-2006, 09:49 AM
Yes, I do like Final Fantasy. Although I haven't played for a while.

Hearts
07-31-2006, 09:53 AM
Yes, it is amazing, and I'm far too obsessed with it.

Shlup
07-31-2006, 10:02 AM
It's okay. I've played all of them, but only actually made it through VIII and X.

Psydekick
07-31-2006, 10:06 AM
Why join if I didn't like the games? :p I love 'em all....well minus Crystal Chronicles and X-2
Well they might have seen the GC forum and seen the great members and decided to join:p

Raven Nox
07-31-2006, 10:10 AM
Final Fantasy is what got me into video games. My mom was an FF fan and had the early games in the series, and I got into them as well. For that, the series has a place in my heart, but it's not my favorite series.

I still enjoy it though, even though I wasn't big on FFX, and the only ones I actually finished were IX, X and X-2, though I've played them all.

Rusty
07-31-2006, 02:43 PM
I love Final Fantasy - if I didn't, I would not have joined a Final Fantasy forum. FFVIII was by far the best - I love it. FFVII was awesome. I hated FF9 and I'm currently playing FFX. I haven't had the time to play it like I used to anymore - ever since I started Year 11. It's low priority - but I still check up on my favourite fanfiction stories and try to get a good playing session in once in awhile. I'd like to play FF6 one day - a lot of people seem to think highly of it.

Omnislash07
07-31-2006, 04:19 PM
technically this isnt just a final fantasy site even though it is named Eyes on Final Fantasy it is more of a Square fan site so a person could have joined to talk about one of the other Square games.

But yeah i like Final Fantasy I've played and beaten 4-10 and enjoyed all but 9. I only dislike 9 because in my opinion when it is compared to my favorites 7 and 8 it just seems to be lacking, but 9 is still a decent game. X2 was a disapointment because i prefer the darker kinds of storylines of 7 and 8, I hate characters that are always really happy like Riku but im looking forward to 12 and all of the 13s cause they look like they'll go back to the darker storylines which is cool.

Alive-Cat
07-31-2006, 05:20 PM
I do like it.

Elite Lord Sigma
07-31-2006, 06:34 PM
Ironically, I really didn't start getting into the games until after I joined here. I like them.

RSL
07-31-2006, 06:51 PM
I just can't get into it anymore. A demo of FFXII came with my DQ8 last year and it was absolutely horrible. I hated it so much that I mailed it off to rubah!

So, I'm pretty sure I'll never play a Final Fantasy game ever again, but I do still look back fondly on the old ones.

Peegee
07-31-2006, 06:53 PM

Same. I got far enough to see Vivi in FF9 and gave up.

Omnislash07
07-31-2006, 08:33 PM

Same. I got far enough to see Vivi in FF9 and gave up.

wow i wish i was as rich as all the other EOFF members who can buy games they dont even like and not play them just so they can own the full series they they only kind of like anyway.