PDA

View Full Version : Any music like this?

lurker
07-29-2006, 04:30 PM
I was wondering if anyone knew the titles of songs that sound similar to liberi fatali (FF8)? I don't care if its from a computer game or classical music, I just feel a need get some more. Thanks for the help.

jrgen
07-29-2006, 10:44 PM
Maybe Lacrimosa's album Fassade would be a good pick.

Couldn't find any tracks from that album, but try this one: Kyrie (http://dl.zvuki.ru/2/3328/media/1.zip) (right click-->save as-->rename 1.zip to 1.mp3)

Maybe not exactly what you are looking for (especially not this track), but I have sensed some similarities to Lacrimosa in a few of Nobou Uematsu's compositions, particulary the song in the fight scene with Sephiroth in Advent Children. I recommend looking up the tracks Fassade 1. Satz and Fassade 3. Satz.

Nominus Experse
07-30-2006, 09:05 AM
The Main Theme from Myst III: Exile is quite dramatic and has chanting from a chorus, so in many ways, it is similiar. The song composer is Tim Larkin, by the way.

Also, try the song Intro Movie:Seasons of War, written by Jason Hayes, Tracy W. Bush, Derek Duke, Glenn Stafford. It's on the World of Warcraft soundtrack.

Battle of the Heroes, by John Williams, from Star Wars: Episode III, is full of brass stabs and a chorus of voices that can many times makes ones skin tingle.

That's what I can think of right now... I'll post some more once I get through all 86 gigs of music I have...

KoShiatar
07-30-2006, 01:57 PM
I would also try "Dance of Curse" from the Escaflowne soudtrack. Definitely.

Markus. D
07-30-2006, 08:29 PM
01-symphonic poem ''forbidden prelude''

thats from Drakengard 2.

Germ Hamee
07-30-2006, 09:16 PM
Try Zarathustra, or The Miracle from the first Xenosaga soundtrack.

Ramza Beoulve
07-30-2006, 10:37 PM
Try Zarathustra, or The Miracle from the first Xenosaga soundtrack.Yup n.n, try them :)

Nominus Experse
07-30-2006, 11:03 PM
Fatal Fight (Jin & Margulis) (Version 1), by Yuki Kajiura, from the Xenosaga Episode II : Jenseits Von Gut Und Bose - Movie Scene Soundtrack album.

Battle - Final Boss, by Jeremy Soule, from the Neverwinter Nights Trilogy soundtrack.

A Violent Encounter ~Battle With the Colossus~, by Koh Otani, from the Shadow of the Colossus OST.

Halo, by Martin O'Donnell & Michael Salvatori, from the Halo Original Soundtrack

Rostum
07-31-2006, 01:23 AM
The Main Theme from Myst III: Exile is quite dramatic and has chanting from a chorus, so in many ways, it is similiar. The song composer is Tim Larkin, by the way.

Also on the note of Myst. Jack Wall did the soundtrack for Myst IV: Revelatiton. To me it is a very incredible soundtrack, so you should check that one out also.

Germ Hamee
07-31-2006, 08:35 AM
Fatal Fight (Jin & Margulis) (Version 1), by Yuki Kajiura, from the Xenosaga Episode II : Jenseits Von Gut Und Bose - Movie Scene Soundtrack album.

Those are both good songs (they should be on DDR), but Yuki Kajiura's attempts at chants are laughable, IMO. They always sound like a trio of zitty witches sitting around wailing. It occasionally works, but the fact that she uses it multiple times in every album she puts out makes it really old really fast.