PDA

View Full Version : Question about Blue Mages

Crossblades
07-29-2006, 05:10 PM
How do Blue Mages learn enemy skills in FF XI? Is it like V, VI, VII where you have to get hit by the skill to learn it or is it like IX and X where the player has to do something in order to learn it?

Fuego
07-29-2006, 10:19 PM
If a mob attacks you with a blue learnable spell and your the right lvl to learn it and you don't die before battle ends ... then you learn it ...
although it seems like protection spells are different tho . i have been trying to learn metalic body and cocoon ... been 2 days of tryin and nada >.< of course the mob will use it ... but i never seem too learn it :(

Yeargdribble
07-29-2006, 11:27 PM
You learn it by getting hit. Your Blue Magic Skill affects how easy it is for your to learn an ability.

Markus. D
07-30-2006, 02:33 AM
^ what he said.

Fuego
07-30-2006, 02:50 AM
LOL so if i have max'd out blue i can learn cocoon and metallic body quicker ... even though i am not getting it cast on me ?
Those spells piss me off ... but i will love 'em when i learn 'em >.<

Yeargdribble
07-30-2006, 05:11 AM
You still need to see the mob cast it. You just have a better chance of learning with higher blue magic skill.

No.78
07-30-2006, 02:42 PM
Fight monster, wait for it to use the move, kill it, then there's a chance you'll learn it... It is possible to learn moves before you can use them, but only a certain amount of levels before... I think 10 max.

I don't think it's proven that your blue magic skill increases the odds of learning spells, but it's highly likely. The BLU AF gloves also improve odds, and it's rumoured that INT and/or CHR help too.

strawberryman
07-30-2006, 06:47 PM
You learn it by getting hit. Your Blue Magic Skill affects how easy it is for your to learn an ability.

I can vouch for this. I leveled BLU up alot of yesterday, and spent some time skilling up, and that really made a difference in my learning rate.

Lionx
07-30-2006, 09:57 PM
I heard the 10 level difference changes at lvl 50 or something around there...no clue though never lvled BLU.

Fuego
07-30-2006, 10:19 PM
Thanx for your help guys/gals :D
What lvl are the Af gloves ? i am only a lvl 11 blu ATM. i don't think i can use them til around lvl 30-40 or so ... and i am a taru so i have good Chr. and Int. hope that will help ... will report back tomorrow.

Rostum
07-30-2006, 10:34 PM
I haven't really been around when they added the AF for the new jobs, but I'm defenately assuming it's around the same levels as the other AF in the game. In that case, you won't be getting any AF until you're level 52-60 (save for the weapon, which is usually useless and at around level 40-42).

Fuego
07-30-2006, 11:02 PM
I kinda thought so ... ok .
Well, its down to good 'ole determination !
lol, thanx again, u peeps rock !

Miriel
07-31-2006, 08:10 AM
I would just like to say... BLU is sooo frustrating.

It's like, you get hit by the attack you want, you kill the mob, and then you don't learn the attack. So you do it again... and again and again. ;_;

TidusMaster
07-31-2006, 08:42 PM
Who likes Dragoons?

Yeargdribble
07-31-2006, 10:17 PM
I'm leveling BLU currently. The job appeals to me greatly and seems to be the first job to truly hold my interest since BRD. I agree that it can be rather frustrating, especially at lower levels, to learn spells though. As the gap between needing to learn new spells widens I find myself more content with the job though. For instance, when I finished the dunes I only needed to go out of my way to learn Soporific and Poison Breath before heading to Qufim. Both mobs were T so they were easily soloable by BLU and I got a little XP along the way. Stuff like Grand Slam, Bomb Toss and Screwdriver (which is everything up to 30) are learnable in XP either at the end of the dunes or in Qufim so that works out nicely.