PDA

View Full Version : Converting .ram files

starseeker
07-29-2006, 07:27 PM
Is it posible to convert a .ram file (realplayer presentation) into mp3 or wma? I have a rare song and I can only find it in that file type.

crono_logical
07-29-2006, 08:28 PM
If you have RealAlternative installed (google), you might be able to play it in something like Winamp with a diskwriter plugin to write the audio to your HD in another format instead of playing it out of the speakers, or you could build a graph to convert it with GraphEdit (slightly more advanced :p )

Having not tested either option though, I can't say they'll actually work :p

I recommend against .wma though, it's just as bad and useless a format overall as real is :p

starseeker
07-29-2006, 09:46 PM
I barely understood that. I don't have Winamp, should I get it. I usually use Windows Media Player to play stuff.

black_cloud
07-29-2006, 09:57 PM
windows media player is very limited to things, i preferably use windows media player,and i used to many others like realplayer,total video player,zoom,winamp,oh and winamp by the way isnt that good,it can play only sertain things and has bad quality,the best quality media player is realplayer with out a doubt and it cant play ram files...are you asking how to convert them into a another thing or what?...becuase trufully i have no idea what a ram file is,but i can give you amny links to media player sites if needed,and if push comes to shove just go on yahoo/google and type in something simple to the extent or your question like ".ram file" , "convert .ram files"...you know?...i hope this helped in someway,bye

starseeker
07-29-2006, 10:05 PM
I'm trying to convert a .ram file into something that Windows Movie Maker recognises as a music file, preferably mp3 but any of these will do: aif, .aifc, .aiff .asf, .au, .mp2, .mp3, .mpa, .snd, .wav, and .wma

black_cloud
07-29-2006, 10:13 PM
I'm trying to convert a .ram file into something that Windows Movie Maker recognises as a music file, preferably mp3 but any of these will do: aif, .aifc, .aiff .asf, .au, .mp2, .mp3, .mpa, .snd, .wav, and .wma

lol...i havent even heard of like 6 of those but ill do my best to find a decent converter okay...and if it costs ill also supply the patch:choc:

black_cloud
07-29-2006, 10:24 PM
one but i coulnt find the patch nor anything just the trial version...heres the link to the direct download exe:
http://www.flydownloads.com/download/audio/rmtomp3_tom.exe

and the site obviusly is flydownloads.com but its not working or something right now?..wel anywy good luck with that.. byeBye

Shoeberto
07-29-2006, 10:24 PM
windows media player is very limited to things, i preferably use windows media player,and i used to many others like realplayer,total video player,zoom,winamp,oh and winamp by the way isnt that good,it can play only sertain things and has bad quality,the best quality media player is realplayer with out a doubt and it cant play ram files...are you asking how to convert them into a another thing or what?...becuase trufully i have no idea what a ram file is,but i can give you amny links to media player sites if needed,and if push comes to shove just go on yahoo/google and type in something simple to the extent or your question like ".ram file" , "convert .ram files"...you know?...i hope this helped in someway,bye
This seems like a horribly biased opinion. Winamp doesn't play things at any lower quality than any other thing, the quality is in the sound file itself. Winamp can play whatever you have a codec installed for, which is the same as others, and on top of that, it's a much slimmer played than Real, which is horribly bloated, resource-consuming, and all around a system raper.

Google something called "Real Alternative" and install it. This allows you to use Real's proprietary format (why it ever gets used anymore is beyond me completely) in programs without needing Real player installed. Then install Winamp. You should be able to open the .ram file using Winamp. With Winamp open, hit Ctrl+P, to open the preferences. Scroll down to the "Output" section, and select Nullsoft Diskwriter Plugin. Then play your file - you won't hear anything, because it'll be taking the audio output and making it into a .wav file for you. Then if you want to go back and just use Winamp as a normal music player, go back to the Output settings and change it back to Direct Sound.

Hopefully this works. I can't try it myself (I don't have any .ram files) but it seems like something that should go smoothly.

black_cloud
07-29-2006, 10:29 PM
k?