PDA

View Full Version : Zidane Tribal

Cookie
07-29-2006, 09:00 PM
I'd like to know what people think of Zidane because people generally overlook IX but i think it is a great game

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
07-29-2006, 09:35 PM
I donīt like Zidane, he, Garnet, Steiner and Beatrix are the characters that i mostly dislike in FFIX.
I donīt mind about his pimp attitude thatīs fine by me, but the way his relation with Garnet starts is utterly bogus and quite forced in my opinion.
He doensīt correspond to the profile of a hero to me and i donīt like the fact that iīm forced to use him in batle since there are far superior characters.
Plus that litle ponytail irritates me.

scrumpleberry
07-29-2006, 10:37 PM
The best hero in the second generation of games. Not angsty, and not annoying. Plus, he has a TAIL! I love tails. :kaocheer: Go Zidane!

Xurts
07-29-2006, 10:46 PM
I donīt like Zidane, he, Garnet, Steiner and Beatrix are the characters that i mostly dislike in FFIX.
I donīt mind about his pimp attitude thatīs fine by me, but the way his relation with Garnet starts is utterly bogus and quite forced in my opinion.
He doensīt correspond to the profile of a hero to me and i donīt like the fact that iīm forced to use him in batle since there are far superior characters.
w0rd.

Hambone
07-29-2006, 11:12 PM
I didn't like Zidane. The only character that I liked on FFIX was Freya.

Thorn
07-30-2006, 02:59 AM

Garnet and Steiner were annoying. But whats your problem with Beatrix? Don't like being beaten by a girl? How can you not like someone who becomes a traitor so she can be on your side?

Btw Zidanes awsome, or atleast better than tidus.

Eiko Guy
07-30-2006, 04:04 AM
i loved zidane and pummelings with dried feces to all tidus haterz

Darkwing Bahamut
07-30-2006, 07:27 AM
I don't like the FFIX character designs in general. Zidane is a good leader and has positive qualities, but I prefer main characters like Squall or Cloud.

Zeromus_X
07-30-2006, 09:11 AM
Zidane is cool. It was neat having the Thief type main character. He was also generally cheery, which was different.

I was hoping he'd have a kitty tail, but oh well. :cat:

Sefie1999AD
07-30-2006, 10:44 AM
The best hero in the second generation of games. Not angsty, and not annoying. Plus, he has a TAIL! I love tails. :kaocheer: Go Zidane!

Quoted for truth. Zidane is one of my favorite FF main characters.

He has kitty eyes, though. Just look at the scene when the party warps to Terra. ^^

Lawr
07-30-2006, 10:58 AM
I didn't like Zidane. The only character that I liked on FFIX was Freya.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
07-30-2006, 05:08 PM

Garnet and Steiner were annoying. But whats your problem with Beatrix? Don't like being beaten by a girl? How can you not like someone who becomes a traitor so she can be on your side?

First of all Beatrix doensīt beat you itīs just like Kuja Ultima atack i knocks the party down but his still defeated...but this thread is for the discussion of Zidane not Beatrix there is already a Beatrix thread i think so you just have to search it, iīm sure youīll find my opinion stated there.;)

malayguy
07-30-2006, 05:13 PM
I'd like to know what people think of Zidane because people generally overlook IX but i think it is a great game

well, in my opinion ffix is a good game...
i don't have any problem with zidane, he's funny...
but i like quina far more better...

Xurts
07-30-2006, 08:17 PM
I myself thought X and X-2 were trash.

Quindiana Jones
07-30-2006, 08:46 PM
And you, yourself, were right.

Zidane was good I reckon. Nice guy.

Cookie
07-30-2006, 10:09 PM
I myself thought X and X-2 were trash.

What does that have to do with this??????

Lawr
07-31-2006, 11:01 PM
He was right though.

LunarWeaver
07-31-2006, 11:58 PM
I thought he was a good character. He seems one-noted but is really deceptively deep. When he turned off his "charm" and got serious you could really see he had an emotional range hiding underneath there. Or I'm just a crazy face that's analyzing too much or something.

Me too chief, me too.

Rengori
08-01-2006, 03:21 AM
Zidane was awesome. He wasn't emo until Garland's Castle, and then for less than an hour. Plus he had a tail. How is that not awesome?

Thorn
08-01-2006, 05:36 AM

First of all Beatrix doensīt beat you itīs just like Kuja Ultima atack i knocks the party down but his still defeated...but this thread is for the discussion of Zidane not Beatrix there is already a Beatrix thread i think so you just have to search it, iīm sure youīll find my opinion stated there.;)

Heh. Well who was the one who brought up beatrix in a Zidane thread?

Huh?

I will find this Beatrix topic and defend my lady.

nik0tine
08-01-2006, 07:22 AM
"You don't need a reason to help people". That philosophy makes him one of the greatest characters in FF history.

G SpOtZ
08-01-2006, 07:46 AM
Who DOESN'T beat Tidus?

Beatrix was awesome btw. She's a badass and has a metal plate on her face and nice hair. And is a freakin awesome fighter.

Zidane, eh he's okay. I didn't hate him, and I didn't love him.

YTDN
08-01-2006, 08:18 AM
I like Zidane because he acts like your average 16-year-old hormone-pumped boy. PIMP MONKEY!

Rengori
08-01-2006, 08:35 AM
I like Zidane because he acts like your average 16-year-old hormone-pumped boy. PIMP MONKEY!
Um, I'm pretty sure he is a 16-year-old hormone-pumped boy.

Shoden
08-01-2006, 02:11 PM
They should of had a headbutt instakill attack in his trance moves. He's better then Tidus, he's just laidback and a womanizing nice guy with a tail.

Xenyth
08-01-2006, 02:48 PM
I loved Zidane. One reason was because he wasn't all grouchy and depressed like Cloud (He is to me anyway) and he has a tail~ how can you not love a guy with a tail? I want his tail...

AdVenT
08-01-2006, 05:54 PM
Zidane rocks, even if I can't (and wont!) pronounce his name right. Zi-dain sounds a lot better than Zi-dane.

Thorn
08-02-2006, 06:21 AM
Zidane rocks, even if I can't (and wont!) pronounce his name right. Zi-dain sounds a lot better than Zi-dane.

Both -ain and -ane sound the same to me.

You mean like, Zi-dine? as in.

"let us dine for dinner"

Cookie
08-02-2006, 06:25 AM
I say it like the football player.

Rantz
08-02-2006, 07:01 AM
Zidane, eh he's okay. I didn't hate him, and I didn't love him.
Yep, same here :)

And I'm pretty sure it's pronounced Zi-done

Lawr
08-02-2006, 09:54 AM
PRONOUNCED ZEYE DANE

Toodleena
08-02-2006, 05:40 PM
I think It's pronounced Zidann, like the footballer Zinadine Zidane. I grew up pronouncing it Zidain, and I'm not about to change.

I loved Zidane. IX was always my favourite game, and Zidane was the perfect hero. And I constantly pray for a tail.
He was amazing... he made the game the best ever:D

Dreddz
08-02-2006, 05:48 PM
I liked Zidane alot more than the other main characters of FF, he reminds me of Bartz. Comic relief is always good now and again :)

Darth Cid
08-04-2006, 04:12 AM
Zidane: Everyone knows my opinion, Zidane is da S***! You can't see him. *John Cena "YOU CAN'T SEE ME!" pose*

Rengori
08-04-2006, 04:14 AM
You still come here?

Darth Cid
08-04-2006, 04:28 AM
Only when I'm bored.[/spam]