PDA

View Full Version : Best Classic Final Fantasy Game?

F.A.Y.T.H.
07-29-2006, 09:42 PM
which is the best classic Final Fantasy game?

Tavrobel
07-29-2006, 10:15 PM
Final Fantasy VI.

black_cloud
07-29-2006, 10:30 PM
i cant realy say anything because I is about the only I ive played

F.A.Y.T.H.
07-29-2006, 10:37 PM
I like Final Fantasy V the best (i've played all of them for hours except III). Final Fantasy V impresses me the most because of the way you can select and mix with all of the jobs.

topnotchwholesaledotcom
07-29-2006, 11:11 PM
Final Fantasy VI is the best final fantasy game of all times I have played thru the whole game over 30 times and still would do it again.

Hambone
07-29-2006, 11:15 PM
The only classic ones that I own (and have played) are FFVI and FFV. I like Final Fantasy V more.

Dr. Acula
07-30-2006, 02:44 AM
I've played all the classics except for 3, and I'd have to say that 6 is my favourite. 2 is my least fave.

Meat Puppet
07-30-2006, 03:42 AM
All good things come in IVs.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v85/liamd/450px-Intravenous_drip_28IV29_in_ho.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v85/liamd/LedZeppelinFourSymbols.jpg

And so on.

Zeromus_X
07-30-2006, 03:51 AM
Funny, I'd consider FFVI the first modern FF.

Well, it's hard to decide. III and IV were all pretty hot. But, for the time, FFIII was pretty advanced. And, you know, God snarls in the face of such fools who think they know everything there is to know about the earth.

Lilliputian Hitcher
07-30-2006, 05:23 AM
FFV was far and away the most fun to play, followed by FFIII. FFVI would probably have topped the list if it had actually been finished though (yet another on a list that comprises FFVII, FFVIII and Xenogears so far. People really shouldn't rush things...).

Ryth
07-30-2006, 05:34 AM
Final Fantasy VI

Christmas
07-30-2006, 05:57 AM
FF VI

Slade
07-30-2006, 07:38 AM
Final Fantasy V. It was perfect.

ljkkjlcm9
07-30-2006, 03:45 PM
Final Fantasy VI, with FFIII in second, but actually, with the new DS version, I dare to say FFIII may become better then the best game ever, FFVI. Yes I dared to say it.

THE JACKEL

Dreddz
07-30-2006, 03:51 PM
Tough decision between FFV and VI, I chose FFV but I'd say there pretty on par.

Darkwing Bahamut
07-31-2006, 09:02 AM
FFIV is the only one I played.

Sefie1999AD
07-31-2006, 09:48 AM

Agreed. FFVI is the first FF where cinematic storyline was the focus of the game more than gameplay. Ever since FFVI, the games in the series have been more on the easy side, and you've been able to make your characters overpowered and destroy most enemies, including the final boss, with only one hit (Genji Glove + Offering + Atma + Illumina). FFVI was also the first FF to have some little things that make the battles a lot easier, such as being able to temporarily skip someone's turn by pressing the menu button (Triangle in the PSX version) and having Megalixirs. FFVI also introduced the idea of being able to change party members, with almost 10 party members hardly ever being used. Finally, the industrialised world is more modern than medieval fantasy for me.

Anyway, after this nitpicking, I'd say FFIV was my favorite of the classic FFs. Especially after playing the GBA version with an improved script and the system being a bit more user-friendly. The storyline is well done, and most of the characters are nice, some having darker stories (e.g. Kain), some being really funny (Cid and Edge) and some being just excellent (Rydia, Golbez). The music is very good, and I like it how Prelude and Prologue also play during the game several times rather than just playing in the opening menu or ending credits. The fantasy setting is also what I think was done really well in this game. As for the battle system, I like it how no character is overpowered, and everyone has a fixed class, so fighters are fighters and mages are mages.

Snap Jumper
07-31-2006, 02:55 PM
Well...they're all good. I can't make a decision.

boys from the dwarf
07-31-2006, 06:12 PM
FF5. itd probly be FF6 but the disk broke before i could complete it and i cant remember everything about it so itd probly be the best for me but FFV has great parts and gilgamesh and X-death are great enemies.

Rocket Edge
07-31-2006, 06:21 PM
Final Fantasy 5. Followed closely by 6.

bipper
07-31-2006, 06:34 PM

Agreed. FFVI is the first FF where cinematic storyline was the focus of the game more than gameplay. Ever since FFVI, the games in the series have been more on the easy side, and you've been able to make your characters overpowered and destroy most enemies, including the final boss, with only one hit (Genji Glove + Offering + Atma + Illumina). FFVI was also the first FF to have some little things that make the battles a lot easier, such as being able to temporarily skip someone's turn by pressing the menu button (Triangle in the PSX version) and having Megalixirs. FFVI also introduced the idea of being able to change party members, with almost 10 party members hardly ever being used. Finally, the industrialised world is more modern than medieval fantasy for me.

I completely agree with this brilliant overview. Though, I thought 6 was the greatest FF and is my favorite media of any time for sure. The symbolism and epic-ness of the game rawked my sawks.

silentenigma
07-31-2006, 07:47 PM
whether FFVI should be considered a second generation ff game (which i believe it should be) or not, I'll vote for it every time when given the chance.

Morridor
07-31-2006, 08:55 PM
whether FFVI should be considered a second generation ff game (which i believe it should be) or not, I'll vote for it every time when given the chance.

Why should it be considered a second generation FF game? It is classically SNES in every way. It has all of the classics of Final Fantasy in it from the summons to the classic cliches! I'd like to see why you say it's a second generation FF.

Does anyone else think this as well?

Danny

Omnislash07
07-31-2006, 09:49 PM
VI for sure, it had a great story and i liked the multiple playable characters and the way you could customize any character to do whatever you wanted. V would be second with IV close behind because I disliked its static class system.

I completely agree with this brilliant overview. Though, I thought 6 was the greatest FF and is my favorite media of any time for sure. The symbolism and epic-ness of the game rawked my sawks.

i disagree i consider IV to be more of a stepping stone into the next generation because it was close but it lacked the cg cutscenes and 3d characters and world which are the things that really set the early games apart from the later ones

Dr. Acula
08-01-2006, 09:26 AM
FF5. itd probly be FF6 but the disk broke before i could complete it and i cant remember everything about it so itd probly be the best for me but FFV has great parts and gilgamesh and X-death are great enemies.
That's why I have a SNES ROM FOR THE COMPUTER!!!!! MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! No disc, no worries!

Peter_20
08-01-2006, 05:20 PM
Actually, I think the first parts of FF2 has one of the best feelings of any FF game; but then it falls downhill with all goddamn magic sequences and tedious dungeons. :mad:

FF6 is obviously my favourite game, followed by the most FF-ish of them all, FF4.
FF5 feels sweet for some reason, what with all the clear colours and fun Jobs.

FF3 is by far the best NES game, followed by FF1.
FF2 would've been right up with the SNES titles if it didn't become so damn tedious after a while. :rolleyes2

DJZen
08-01-2006, 11:26 PM

Why should it be considered a second generation FF game? It is classically SNES in every way. It has all of the classics of Final Fantasy in it from the summons to the classic cliches! I'd like to see why you say it's a second generation FF.

Does anyone else think this as well?

Danny

I thought Sephiroth summed it up quite well. In FFVI the focus started shifting toward a more cinematic and story/character driven experience. It was also the first to be set in a world that wasn't quite swords and sorcery. FFVI was definitely a more steampunk world (Edgar's tools, the Magitek factory, Magitek armor, the prevalence of machines, etc.) while the previous ones had a more traditional medieval or rennaisance feel. There's always been a high tech element in FF games (heck, FFI had robots wandering around!) but the overall world felt less advanced. FFVI really started to change what "Final Fantasy" could be. FFI-V were swords and sorcery. FFVI was steampunk. FFVII was cyberpunk. FFXIII is Phantasy Star.

Crossblades
08-02-2006, 01:23 AM
Final Fantasy VI.

Closely followed by IV. But either way, all classic FFs are awesome :D

Purple shoot
08-02-2006, 03:40 AM
The only classic game i played is ffV, and its fantastic!:p

Dell
08-03-2006, 04:46 PM
FARIS, MOG, RYDIA ARE TEH BESTNGREATESCHARACTER IN THE HISTOREY AFTER VIVI.

FFIV, FFV and FFVI.