PDA

View Full Version : my BF wants motorcycle ;;

renoa
07-30-2006, 02:16 AM
My BF, Squall, is planning on buying a motorcycle because of Advent Children ><

I've told him repeatedly not to buy one and instead focus on getting a car (like the one Squall 'barrowed' in FF8), but he won't listen and just says that he won't end up like those 'motorcycle junkies' that whined up in accidents.

so, because he won't listen I've decided to atleast try to provent 'death do to stupidity' by getting him a helmet. the thing is I want to get him a 'lionheart' helmet customized to reseamble 'Griver' but the problem is I can't seem to find a way to do so (aka I can't seem to photoshop Grivers head to the helmet's image)

I would like it if someone could edit a pic of the helmet to have Griver's mouth be where the visor is so I can have the paint job done on my BF's helmet before I give it to him.

heres a pic of the helmet

http://www.henrymotorsports.com/thh/ts20solid.jpg

Rye
07-30-2006, 02:25 AM
FFX has convinced me to buy an airship. :)

DK
07-30-2006, 02:30 AM
FFX has convinced me to buy an airship. :)

Ooo, let me come for a trip :spin:

I lol'd. <3

Kalen
07-30-2006, 02:34 AM
If Squall jumped off a bridge wou--...Maybe I shouldn't ask.

Rengori
07-30-2006, 03:30 AM
If it was an anime or game inspired movie that convinced him to buy one, Advent Children no less, no, just no.

Christmas
07-30-2006, 03:36 AM
http://www.81x.com/Authors/holycow/Final%20Fantasy/Ragnarok.jpg

renoa
07-30-2006, 04:56 AM
he already did...once, the second time was a tree, the third time was a 3 story building, etc. he really needs the helmet ;;

Khaotic
07-30-2006, 05:03 AM
http://www.81x.com/Authors/holycow/Final%20Fantasy/Ragnarok.jpg
i'll start the bid for 30,000,00 :D

Sylvie
07-30-2006, 05:18 AM
Wait... let me get this straight. You're boyfrien's name is Squall? And your name is Renoa?

Shiny
07-30-2006, 05:35 AM
No, Buying a motorcycle just because it reminds him of a fictional character's bike is a poor reason to spend your money. Besides, motorcycles aren't for everyone. He may not know what he's getting himself in to...

Arrianna
07-30-2006, 06:21 AM
At least you're buying him a helmet.

Rengori
07-30-2006, 06:27 AM
he already did...once, the second time was a tree, the third time was a 3 story building, etc. he really needs the helmet ;;
Your boyfriend doesn't sound like the brightest star in the sky.

Sylvie
07-30-2006, 06:29 AM
I must ask, is this a joke? How old is your boyfriend?

Rengori
07-30-2006, 06:32 AM
He has to be old enough to drive... so 16+?

renoa
07-30-2006, 06:40 AM
he's 3 months younger, but 1'16'' taller than me;;
I'm 16 and 5'

Your boyfriend doesn't sound like the brightest star in the sky.
not really ;;

Wait... let me get this straight. You're boyfrien's name is Squall? And your name is Renoa?
nicknames, but we respond to them better than ower real names though ;;

Sylvie
07-30-2006, 07:09 AM
Okay...then why the hell is he jumping off buildings and such? If he did that, the last thing I'd do is buy him a damned motorcycle. He'd be dead in seconds, judging from what he's done before. Buy him that helmet and make sure he wears it ALL the time, so he doesn't die or something.

renoa
07-30-2006, 07:20 AM
Okay...then why the hell is he jumping off buildings and such? If he did that, the last thing I'd do is buy him a damned motorcycle. He'd be dead in seconds, judging from what he's done before. Buy him that helmet and make sure he wears it ALL the time, so he doesn't die or something.
he's strong, his only weakness is his pinky;;
yeah, I'm completely againest the idea of him getting something that'll allow him to go faster than his running speed without a metal shell around him.

Sylvie
07-30-2006, 07:24 AM
For the love of god, please do not buy him the motorcycle.

Khaotic
07-30-2006, 07:43 AM
Must be a joke, no way a human can survive jumping from a 3 story building, not even chuck norris.

Christmas
07-30-2006, 07:52 AM
Have your boyfriend mastered Renzokuken as well?

Moon Rabbits
07-30-2006, 07:55 AM

Six times?

Rengori
07-30-2006, 07:58 AM

Six times?
Naked?

Sylvie
07-30-2006, 08:01 AM
Six times? Naked?
While-- No, I'm not even going there.

renoa
07-30-2006, 08:06 AM
Must be a joke, no way a human can survive jumping from a 3 story building, not even Raoul Duke.
he's a fighter, he fights with his best friend, Sephy, constently and I don't mean verbal;;

do I really have to say the answer, he's Squall ;;

Psydekick
07-30-2006, 08:11 AM
No, no. Just buy him a car like the ones out of FF VIII if you want to go into Final Fantasy.

And how can you jump out of a 3 story building, was it next to a river or something?

And you should get him to join here, sounds like fun!:p

renoa
07-30-2006, 08:14 AM
No, no. Just buy him a car like the ones out of FF VIII if you want to go into Final Fantasy.

And how can you jump out of a 3 story building, was it next to a river or something?

he has way too much dumb luck, and he's never on the computer

Rengori
07-30-2006, 08:15 AM

Are you sure you're not CrashNUMBERS?

renoa
07-30-2006, 08:57 AM
so no one can help me with the pic?

renoa
07-30-2006, 09:31 AM
If he wants one, then let him, but do make sure that you have voiced your concern and that he actually processed what you said, instead of siply staring at you and saying "Uh huh, yeah, of course..." And I do belive that is required by law to wear a hemet while riding a motorcycle, if not, then it is HIGHLY reccomended at the very least. Laws vary stat by state, country by country, so what laws sand here may be different...

In fact, I myself have been looking into motorcycles, and my girlfriend was also concerned about my safety and whatnot, but after talking, we're both at ease. Just make sure he knows that a car is much, much more practical. Really, he ought to get a car first, a crappy one if need be, and then get the bike. A car is all weather for the most part, a motorcylce is very limited and exceedingly dangerous when compared to a car.

This is the bike I'm getting, in black... All hail the crotch rocket!
yeah I voiced my concern through the better part of a 4 hour walk, he just thinks the bike is cooler ;;

btw, crotch rocket? lol

Old Manus
07-30-2006, 10:28 AM
I love this thread

Psydekick
07-30-2006, 10:47 AM
It has more entertaiment than i ever saw:laugh:

Anaisa
07-30-2006, 11:50 AM
It sounds like your boyfreind is out of touch with reality. So I suggest you buy him a bicycle, an tell him it's a motorcycle.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
07-30-2006, 12:53 PM
You're like his mommy. Was he seriously thinking of driving a motorbike without a helmet? Sorry I can't help you

Levian
07-30-2006, 01:01 PM
Just remember to draw a lot of Protect and you should be fine. Heck, draw some Float too if he's such a jumper.

Mo-Nercy
07-30-2006, 01:13 PM
If only your name was Rinoa instead of renoa. Then it really would be an amazing coincidence.

DK
07-30-2006, 02:09 PM

Christmas you rock so hard. :love:

Rye
07-30-2006, 03:01 PM
Just remember to draw a lot of Protect and you should be fine. Heck, draw some Float too if he's such a jumper.

Full-Life wouldn't hurt, either.

Levian
07-30-2006, 03:24 PM
Unless he's a zombie

Tifa's Real Lover(really
07-30-2006, 03:47 PM

Six times?
Naked?
twice?

Arrianna
07-30-2006, 05:12 PM
so no one can help me with the pic?
Here you go.

I just threw it together so I hope it will work for you.

Laugh at face of Danger
07-30-2006, 05:53 PM
If you treasure his life, don't let him get it.

My friend lost her dad and almost her step dad to two motorscycle incidents, it's really not worth the risk.

renoa
07-30-2006, 08:07 PM
It sounds like your boyfreind is out of touch with reality
a little :laughing:

You're like his mommy. Was he seriously thinking of driving a motorbike without a helmet?
I do tend to mother him, but only cause he has some issues with talking to his parents :laughing:
and he intended on wearing a helmet, I just wanted him to have a helmet he'd want to wear. something that wasn't patriotic like the 50-some helmets they sell around here.

+ we have this thing about gift giving that makes everyone go "awww that is so cute :lovers: " :heart: .

If only your name was Rinoa instead of renoa. Then it really would be an amazing coincidence
because of the english spelling of my name Squall changed the kanji 'Ri' to 'Re' so that it would go with my english name, but in japanese my name would have the 'Ri' and it would be left 'Rinoa'. I just prefer the 'Re' cause thats the nickname he gave me :heart:

Here you go.

I just threw it together so I hope it will work for you.

thank you so much, from this I'll beable to have the front and back done too. he'll love it :heart:

If you treasure his life, don't let him get it.

My friend lost her dad and almost her step dad to two motorscycle incidents, it's really not worth the risk.
I told him about how many times people have died on them (I went through the whole "you can't! if anything happened to you...:crying2: " and all that fluffy stuff :laughing: ") he just says he'll be careful and won't try anything stupid......and I still don't believe him:sweatdrop

Venom
07-30-2006, 08:11 PM
Is this thread a joke?

Cause I'm laughing pretty hard right now. No lie, man. No lie.

renoa
07-30-2006, 08:12 PM
Is this thread a joke?
nope, 100% true.:laughing:

Shaun
07-30-2006, 08:28 PM

LOL!

renoa
07-30-2006, 08:47 PM

LOL!
yeah he's like that, he made a bonryu (from InuYasha) out of wood, and he's making a metal gauntlet (Albel's fault from SO3 ><) out of coffee cans;;

Sylvie
07-30-2006, 10:20 PM
...How did he survive jumping off a 3-story building?

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
07-30-2006, 10:36 PM
He could fly maybe?

DK
07-30-2006, 10:45 PM
I've seen people do it before, well, I say people, it was Sebastien Foucan, the legend of a man who does Parkour. So unless this "Squall" also does Parkour, I'd most likely be happy to call bull. :spin:

renoa
07-30-2006, 10:48 PM
He could fly maybe?
he tuck-rolled on the nearby grass, unfortunatly he tuck-rolled towards a hill and rolled all the way down and hit water :laughing: he got a sprained ancle but he did get up and walk away from it though :riiight:

Twisted Tinkerbell
07-30-2006, 11:43 PM
He said he won't try anything stupid, but do is another matter. I wouldn't let him near a can opener honey, let alone a motorbike.

Although this thread has made me laugh, which I needed to do.

Have you ever concidered tying him to something and leaving him there, I know a place where you can get some lovely jackets, they're a bit long in the arms but...

nik0tine
07-31-2006, 12:33 AM
I'm 16 and 5'You're 5' tall?

renoa
07-31-2006, 12:48 AM
Have you ever concidered tying him to something and leaving him there
I did tie him to tree once, the rope was weak so he broke through really fast. it was entertaining for me though cause he fell flat on his face when he did. :lol:

I'm 16 and 5'You're 5' tall?
lol, yeah, and in the 12th grade to :laughing:

Venom
07-31-2006, 12:51 AM
I did tie him to tree once, the rope was weak so he broke through really fast. it was entertaining for me though cause he fell flat on his face when he did.

That sounds kinky.

renoa
07-31-2006, 12:58 AM
I did tie him to tree once, the rope was weak so he broke through really fast. it was entertaining for me though cause he fell flat on his face when he did.

That sounds kinky.
no, I tricked him. I told him to close his eyes and before he knew it he was tied up and I was swinging on the tire swing laughing my as$ off

Mirage
07-31-2006, 02:41 AM
Your boyfriend reminds me of my brother. He's jumped off a two storied building twice in a row. The first was okay, but he broke his ankle the second. He's also crashed two cars, and walked around drunk on the roof of a 3 storied house (not one of those with flat roofs).
If he's anything like my brother, don't let him get a motorcycle.

renoa
07-31-2006, 02:58 AM
Your boyfriend reminds me of my brother. He's jumped off a two storied building twice in a row. The first was okay, but he broke his ankle the second. He's also crashed two cars, and walked around drunk on the roof of a 3 storied house (not one of those with flat roofs).
If he's anything like my brother, don't let him get a motorcycle.
lol, that does sound a lot like him, only I don't let him have liquire (cause he's under age and needs all the braincells he can get)

Fonzie
07-31-2006, 03:41 AM
A good kick in the go-nads should wake him up from his "Romantic Dream".

Carmilla
07-31-2006, 03:51 AM
I say no.

1 - Insurance is expensive.

2 - They can only be riden in warm/dry weather like Spring and Summer.

3 - They are dangerous.

Everyone who drives a car enough will get into an accident in their lifetime, be it theirs or another drivers fault. I wouldnt want to get into that accident on a bike.

Just dont get those helmets that only cover the top of your head, like those Harley drivers.
Their was one driver about a month back that got into an accident with that helmet on the highway and died. His face was completely erased. That wasnt a pretty site.

renoa
07-31-2006, 04:12 AM
Their was one driver about a month back that got into an accident with that helmet on the highway and died. His face was completely erased. That wasnt a pretty site.

theres a highway around here where there are a bunch of flower crosses marking accident sites, the last time I counted about 14 or so crosses. it makes me uneasy to see them ever since he mentioned the bike.

Moon Rabbits
07-31-2006, 05:38 AM
You call his best friend Sephiroth, he calls himself Squall, and you Renoa?

Please never play Grand Theft Auto, you all have impressionable minds. :(

renoa
07-31-2006, 05:43 AM

we don't play GTA, I beat them too much on that game (they never learned the concept of hugging the rail) :laughing:

btw: I'm never getting my lisence cause I almost flipped a go-kart (it was at 78 degress), and I've already established that I have a need for speed and bad driving skills :laughing:

Tasura
07-31-2006, 05:54 AM
btw: I'm never getting my lisence cause I almost flipped a go-kart (it was at 78 degress), and I've already established that I have a need for speed and bad driving skills :laughing:

I got my license, and that says alot xD I failed the driving test 3 times >_< stupid pedestrians, they should know better then to walk on the sidewalk when im driving.

renoa
07-31-2006, 06:10 AM

I got my license, and that says alot xD I failed the driving test 3 times >_< stupid pedestrians, they should know better then to walk on the sidewalk when im driving.
I have a scar on my elbow because of a noob driver, I don't think anyone would want to go through what I went through....if they live to (I watched too much DBZ and gained the ability to dodge bright lights coming towards me).

Tasura
07-31-2006, 06:25 AM

I have a scar on my elbow because of a noob driver, I don't think anyone would want to go through what I went through....if they live to (I watched too much DBZ and gained the ability to dodge bright lights coming towards me).

I also was stupid and sped around a 90 degree turn in the rain, made a nice thud in a head on collision, but if I can get my license, Im sure anyone can, as long as they dont kill someone, or almost kill someone, though, I almost killed someone and stil get/kept my license >.>

renoa
07-31-2006, 06:48 AM

I also was stupid and sped around a 90 degree turn in the rain, made a nice thud in a head on collision, but if I can get my license, Im sure anyone can, as long as they dont kill someone, or almost kill someone, though, I almost killed someone and stil get/kept my license >.>
perhaps we should move this little conversation of killing with a 'four wheeled vehicle' to PMs, this thread, after all, is about my BF's stupidity and his want of a motorcycle :laughing:

Mirage
07-31-2006, 02:05 PM

we don't play GTA, I beat them too much on that game (they never learned the concept of hugging the rail) :laughing:

A go-kart can't be compared to a car. At all.

Sylvie
07-31-2006, 02:32 PM
For the last time, if you are still actually considering buying him one, DO NOT BUY HIM THE MOTORCYCLE. NO NO NO NO!! DO NOT BUY IT!! DO NOT!!!

I REALLY REALLY do NOT want him to kill himself on the thing, and chances are, judging from what he's done in the past, he most likely will kill himself on it.

Loony BoB
07-31-2006, 02:36 PM
Must be a joke, no way a human can survive jumping from a 3 story building, not even Raoul Duke.
People have fallen out of planes well over 10,000 feet in the air, without parachute, and survived. A three story building? Psh. Loads of people could survive that with just bruises if they landed in a soft spot in a decent position, let alone suffering broken bones.

Shaun
07-31-2006, 02:42 PM
So, he got his name changed to Squall, presumably (reading the first post and skimming through the rest)?

Sylvie
07-31-2006, 03:28 PM
I think she just calls him that as a nickname.

Leucant
07-31-2006, 05:55 PM
If he wants one, then let him, but do make sure that you have voiced your concern and that he actually processed what you said, instead of siply staring at you and saying "Uh huh, yeah, of course..." And I do belive that is required by law to wear a hemet while riding a motorcycle, if not, then it is HIGHLY reccomended at the very least. Laws vary stat by state, country by country, so what laws sand here may be different...

In fact, I myself have been looking into motorcycles, and my girlfriend was also concerned about my safety and whatnot, but after talking, we're both at ease. Just make sure he knows that a car is much, much more practical. Really, he ought to get a car first, a crappy one if need be, and then get the bike. A car is all weather for the most part, a motorcylce is very limited and exceedingly dangerous when compared to a car.

This is the bike I'm getting, in black... All hail the crotch rocket!

I actually bought that exact bike a month ago and the damn silver helmet in the pic at the start of the thread is the one i have too. Weird. Of course i have the tribal red flames and chrome red windshield so my bike pwns all....very nice bike though and it moves like a jetplane...I hope your used to speeds at over 160:D

Venom
07-31-2006, 05:56 PM
you should get him a doggie. There nice and safe.:)

Peegee
07-31-2006, 06:07 PM
http://www.go-t-rex.com/pictdealer/34.jpg

Get one of these.

~*~Celes~*~
07-31-2006, 06:16 PM
My boyfriend builds his own motorbikes...-_-;....And rides them.....so yeah, I share your pain there, Renoa. I worry about him getting hurt >.o A LOT. And since he lives over in the UK and I live in the US....Can't go on a 4-hour walk to discuss how he needs to be careful -_-

RPJesus
07-31-2006, 06:27 PM
I'm 16 and 5'

So he's, what, 7'4"? Who exactly are you dating, Predator?!

Why does he actually need to buy a bike, because he's so... like that? Wouldn't it be better to buy a statuette or something? He can buy a cutesy little model of the actual bike from Advent Children- much cheaper, and a lot less dangerous (unless he sharpens it...).

Or, if he's so troublesome, you could just kill him. Run him over with a bike, to be ironical. :)

Peegee
07-31-2006, 07:30 PM
Because buying toys isn't as fun as a real thing. I don't know how old you be, but eventually we drive big boy cars.

:D

renoa
07-31-2006, 07:37 PM
I'm 16 and 5'

So he's, what, 7'4"? Who exactly are you dating, Predator?!

Why does he actually need to buy a bike, because he's so... like that? Wouldn't it be better to buy a statuette or something? He can buy a cutesy little model of the actual bike from Advent Children- much cheaper, and a lot less dangerous (unless he sharpens it...).

Or, if he's so troublesome, you could just kill him. Run him over with a bike, to be ironical. :)
actually he's 6'16" (we're canadian :laughing: ) and he's just stupid sometimes.

I figure that If he does manage to get a motorcycle* he'll probably ride it about 5 times and get bored of it cause I won't ride it with him.

*didn't say he 'was' going to get a replica, just that that crossed his mind when he was thinking of the kind of bike he wanted

Because buying toys isn't as fun as a real thing. I don't know how old you be, but eventually we drive big boy cars
and thats what scares me sometimes :laughing:

So, he got his name changed to Squall, presumably (reading the first post and skimming through the rest)?
nope, its his ailias/nickname. he can write it on a test as his name and get it back as if it was. he's done that countless times :laughing:

For the last time, if you are still actually considering buying him one, DO NOT BUY HIM THE MOTORCYCLE. NO NO NO NO!! DO NOT BUY IT!! DO NOT!!!

I REALLY REALLY do NOT want him to kill himself on the thing, and chances are, judging from what he's done in the past, he most likely will kill himself on it.
I'm not buying him one, he wants to buy 'himself' one, I'm just getting him a helmet

Tasura
07-31-2006, 08:29 PM
actually he's 6'16" (we're canadian :laughing: )

Umm, 6'16" is 7'4" since there are only 12 inches in a foot, and Canadians dont have 16 inch feet, we're not all clowns.

renoa
07-31-2006, 08:37 PM

Umm, 6'16" is 7'4" since there are only 12 inches in a foot, and Canadians dont have 16 inch feet, we're not all clowns.

for some reason, we do apperently.
(the heights of the students in our school was measured by a canadian scientific study group as part of a study on high blood pressure. we had to get weighed, measured and have our blood pressure taken.)

Tasura
07-31-2006, 09:09 PM

(the heights of the students in our school was measured by a canadian scientific study group as part of a study on high blood pressure. we had to get weighed, measured and have our blood pressure taken.)

Still, he isn't 6'16" since that height doesnt exist that way x.x, ah well, I shall leave it be.

And on topic, get him a full body suit, not just a helmet.

renoa
07-31-2006, 09:13 PM

Still, he isn't 6'16" since that height doesnt exist that way x.x, ah well, I shall leave it be.

And on topic, get him a full body suit, not just a helmet.
yeah, ya see he won't wear any full body suit unless its like Kadaj's. (he has this thing about tight-fitting-full-body suits)

Dark Angel From Heaven
07-31-2006, 09:32 PM
i wonted a bike when i was little....soo cool *see me on it* now i dont i just want a car....YOU NEED TO TRY HARDER..DONT LET HIM GET IT..><

Sylvie
07-31-2006, 10:25 PM
My suggestion now is to get your boyfriend some mental help.

Venom
07-31-2006, 10:32 PM
Has your BF been experimenting with ectasy?

renoa
08-01-2006, 02:02 AM
lord knows he ain't THAT stupid

He needs to wake up, seriously. He seems a little... delusional. Obsessed and frantic about things that really shouldn't be taken to that degree. Buying a bike for the sole purpose of being akin to that of an imaginary character is a little bizzare, and from what I gther, he has no former experience with motorbikes.

If he is to ride one, he needs to have protection, and whole hell of a lot of it. It goes without saying that it hurts to hit the ground at fifty, slide and flop around, and then hit the guardrail. And then there's traffic while all this is occurring. It is not something to be nonchalant about. I wrecked when I was learning, he will fall, tip, or wreck as I have - it's only natural because he will be learning adapting and changing. He needs to turn his head and face reality. This is no trivial matter, my dear.

I don't mean to attack your boyfriend and his intellegence or choices, but he honestly needs to realize the matter at hand. Not only that, but he has to realize that a bike is not as useful as a car in the ultimate grand scheme of things. You can't drive a bike in winter, and it's difficult and risky to do so in the Spring due to rain and the recurring sudden frosts. That leaves early Autumn and Summer. That's basically only half the year that he could ride the bike. A car, for th most part, is year-round. Slap him (physically or metaphorically, you choose) and please make sure he realizes that the car is what needs to be bought, not a bike.

He sounds inobservant, frantic in many cases, and delusional and thoughtless in others. A car will at least protect him from the mistakes he will inevitabley make. A bike will throw him flopping around like a limp, rag-doll on the pavement, and I will tell you, it's not fun to be thrown from a bike.

1st paragraph: yeah, he's 16 and right smack dab in the middle of puberty lol
2nd & 3rd paragraph: told him that countless times :laughing:
4th paragraph: he is and no doubt if he does get the bike he will be :laughing:

Arrianna
08-01-2006, 03:30 AM
lord knows he ain't THAT stupid:laugh: Thank you.

He jumps off of 3 story buildings and does all kinds of crazy, unbelievable, stuff... but he's not stupid enough to do ectasy.

I love it. I love what you just implied about those who do. :laugh:

Rengori
08-01-2006, 03:31 AM

He jumps off of 3 story buildings and does all kinds of crazy, unbelievable, stuff... but he's not stupid enough to do ectasy.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a376/Rengori/Zetta%20Emoticons/laughing2.gif That is funny.

Reles
08-01-2006, 03:42 AM
I hope you guys live in a state that REQUIRES some sort of helmet while riding a motorcycle. Because here in good ole Kansas, we've got bikers that ride without them. Apparently the law doesn't really care if they fall off their bike and land on their heads. *shrugs*

Anywho, get him a cool biker suit, that'd be neat. Just make sure he doesn't go around riding on his motorcycle just to race or for horseplay. You can get seriously hurt, I'd talk to him and make sure before he heads off to take in consideration of what could happen with one tiny mistake. But yeah, bikers usually wear leather to protect themselves, and it works rather well. So think about that too.

He should go bungie jumping sometime if he likes the rush. Just a suggestion.

renoa
08-01-2006, 04:50 AM

he ain't gonna smoke or drink either, I'll make sure of that lol

I hope you guys live in a state that REQUIRES some sort of helmet while riding a motorcycle. Because here in good ole Kansas, we've got bikers that ride without them. Apparently the law doesn't really care if they fall off their bike and land on their heads. *shrugs*

Anywho, get him a cool biker suit, that'd be neat. Just make sure he doesn't go around riding on his motorcycle just to race or for horseplay. You can get seriously hurt, I'd talk to him and make sure before he heads off to take in consideration of what could happen with one tiny mistake. But yeah, bikers usually wear leather to protect themselves, and it works rather well. So think about that too.

He should go bungie jumping sometime if he likes the rush. Just a suggestion.

yeah, I'm gonna force him to cosplay as Squall (aka leather pants, jacket, gloves, belts the WHOLE outfit) every time he wants to ride the bike if he gets it. which means that everytime he wants to ride the bike he will NOT look normal, even for a biker.

Sylvie
08-01-2006, 05:36 AM
Isn't that what he wants to do?

renoa
08-01-2006, 05:40 AM
Isn't that what he wants to do?
he wasn't planning on 'EVERY' time lol

Sylvie
08-01-2006, 05:48 AM
And possibly your life, and mobility.

renoa
08-01-2006, 08:20 AM
Jut for the first three or so months, do us all a favor, most of all yourself, and make him wear full-body leathers. A short coat just isn't going to cut it when his body meets the pavement.

And pavement does not simply give out a passing hello - it screams at you, tearing your precious skin away.
his Squall jacket is a full jacket, it goes all the way to his waist.

btw: I was hit by a car while walking, I got road rash on both legs up to the thigh, I know.