PDA

View Full Version : Is There...

Znake
07-30-2006, 08:51 AM
Anyway to skip a turn during battle?
I want to keep Rydia + Rosa on hold to use cure when i'm low on HP.
I thought FFIV Battle System was like VII, VIII and IX, but i can't figure out how to do it.

Also is there anywhere in the game to go too learn the basics, like a beginners room? I don't have a Manual and theres things i dont understand (like how to get the World Map on, and some of the Special Attacks).

Thanks.

Zeromus_X
07-30-2006, 09:07 AM
The mages in the two rooms in the main hall of Castle Baron (the two sets of stairs) and the basement of the Devil's Road chamber act as a 'tutorial' of sorts. And I think there's a classroom in the inn's second floor, if I'm not mistaken.

The only way to 'skip' a turn is to use the Defend/Parry option, but other than that, you can't just press a button to cycle the turns like the later games.

Sefie1999AD
07-30-2006, 10:34 AM
Skipping turns is a feature that wasn't added to the series until FFVI. You can't skip turns in any version of FFIV. You just have to Defend and hope that character gets his/her turn again soon, or if it's a battle where you currently have the healer's turn and you know you're soon going to get hit by a strong attack (such as the final battle), you can wait until the enemy does that attack and then tell your healer to use a Cure spell.

Paul
07-30-2006, 07:12 PM
yeah and to see the map, you have to use the item "dwarven bread" or cast the spell "sight"

it only uses 2mp, but its kind of annoying, i like to check the map a lot.

cecil+rosa
08-24-2006, 08:07 PM
you must use sight to get the world map on