PDA

View Full Version : No Encounters

hplvr
07-30-2006, 10:27 PM
Ok.... well I know that once you beat Geosango in the Baaj Temple, you get Yuna's Ductile Rod with the "No Encounters" ability, well I played him at 4 in the morning (Dont Ask) and I played and I beat him, but I skipped through the Victory screen and I didnt get the Ductile Rod, since I forgot to replace it cuz I had too many wepons, so is there any other way to get the No Encountesr Ablity on ur weapons? Cuz I need it to get Lulus Sigil, like can u customize it or is there another weapon that had the ability, cuz when I tired to customize and its not there.... I need help really bad

rubah
07-30-2006, 10:39 PM
You might've gotten a weapon for one of your other characters. Did you check their inventory as well?

You can fight ghosts in the sunken cave, or easier yet, capture one and fight it over and over in the monster arena until it drops a no encounters weapon.

If you have. . . purifying salts, I think, (you can win them from enemies in Zanarkand) you can customize no encounters

hplvr
07-30-2006, 10:43 PM
yes i have checked my inventory like a million times lol
and whats the sunken cave lol

Ashley Schovitz
07-30-2006, 10:53 PM
You can't customize it to weapons I think it's only armor, I'll go look in my strategy guide for the recipe (walks out of computer room) you need 30 purifying salts) obtainable from lizards and yevon Guards try the Sunken Cave and you already know where that is since you fought Geosgano again, so you've already been there.

Nominus Experse
07-30-2006, 11:13 PM
You cannot Customize a weapon to have the No Encounters ability, only armours. The only way to get a weapon with such an ability is to earn it from an enemy drop, such as the one from Geosgano.

One question: can you get a weapon with the ability No Encounters from any other enemy, or is only from Geosgano? I've always wondered this myself...

Tavrobel
07-31-2006, 12:29 AM
Geosageano drops the NE Weapon, but ONLY him.

You can customize the NE ability onto any Armor for the measly price of 30 Purifying Salts.

Sunken Cave = Cavern of the Stolen Fayth, and only the Warrior Monks in Bevelle, and the Fallen Monks in Zanarkand offer Purifying Salts as a steal, and it is a Rare Steal in any case (all four's rare steal value is x1). You can also Steal them from Hornets (rare steal x2) and Abaddons (normal steal x3) in the Monster Arena, and get 99 of them for unlocking Fafnir.

NE Armor is also dropped by various Omega Ruins and Arena enemies.

hplvr
07-31-2006, 01:05 AM
Ooo ok thnx!

Fantasy Lover
07-31-2006, 01:29 AM
you can get a barouque (not sure on spelling) sword for tidus from other places as i have one and i got it before i fought the Geosageano

rubah
07-31-2006, 01:30 AM
Baroque sword just refers to the number of empty slots it has. It doesn't have any inherent no encounters ability because of its name.

Ashley Schovitz
07-31-2006, 01:31 AM
Geosageano drops the NE Weapon, but ONLY him.

You can customize the NE ability onto any Armor for the measly price of 30 Purifying Salts.

Sunken Cave = Cavern of the Stolen Fayth, and only the Warrior Monks in Bevelle, and the Fallen Monks in Zanarkand offer Purifying Salts as a steal, and it is a Rare Steal in any case (all four's rare steal value is x1). You can also Steal them from Hornets (rare steal x2) and Abaddons (normal steal x3) in the Monster Arena, and get 99 of them for unlocking Fafnir.

NE Armor is also dropped by various Omega Ruins and Arena enemies.
Gosh just ignore my post would you, huh and I went through all that trouble.

Tavrobel
07-31-2006, 02:26 AM

Gosh, could you provide a little bit MORE false information? My "trouble" exceeds yours by far.

None of the lizards in the game can have Salts stolen from them.
Sunken Cave = Cavern, because where you fight Geosagaeno is rightfully called Baaj.
Yevon guards are NOT in Zanarkand, only in Bevelle, and they are called Fallen and Warrior Monks, respectively.
You also do not mention Hornets, Abaddon, Fafnir, or Rare steals.

My authority in the situation surpasses yours.

feona17
07-31-2006, 02:41 AM
I got a Peaceful Bracer, which is an armor of Auron's which has the no encounters ability from Demonlith (sp?) in the Omega Ruins. So perhaps that will help.

Cookie
07-31-2006, 10:19 AM
I got a Peaceful Bracer, which is an armor of Auron's which has the no encounters ability from Demonlith (sp?) in the Omega Ruins. So perhaps that will help.

I got one for Rikku there too but it was from a Wraith

rubah
07-31-2006, 07:30 PM
Sunken Cave = Cavern, because where you fight Geosagaeno is rightfully called Baaj.

I think her original poiint was 'since you've fought geoansdfol;jdano, you have access to the airship, which means you've already been through the cavern of the stolen fayth'

There's no need to have an attitude

VengefulRonin
08-04-2006, 08:37 AM
I didnt know you could pick up No Encounter armour from just the normal enemies at omega ruins. I got one for rikku from beating Omega (or maybe it was Ultima...one or the other).

jjturtle12
08-29-2006, 02:02 PM
I think you need a bunch of Purifying Salts, for your armor, but somehow I found a devastator (weapon for Rikku) that had this ability. So weapons can have it.

chocobo rider2
08-29-2006, 09:46 PM
I also have Rikku's no encounter weapon, and I think I had one for Tidus and also for Wakka (although why have more than one?). These all showed up in the Omega Ruins, along with some no encounter armor. It made doing the tasks in the Omega Ruins easier earlier in the game.

Disco Potato
08-30-2006, 05:14 PM
If you're into capturing monsters, this is a pretty easy way to get 99 Purifying Salts, 30 of which you can use to add the ability to someone's armor:

For the Monster Arena, you need:
>>> Vouivre [Mi'hen Highroad] x4
>>> Lamashtu [Mushroom Rock Road] x4
>>> Kusariqqu [Thunder Plains] x4
>>> Mushussu [Sanubia Desert] x4
>>> Nidhogg [Cavern of the Stolen Fayth or Mt. Gagazet] x4

in order to get 99 Cleansing Salts.

It seems like it would be cool to equip the No Encounters and HP Stroll abilities onto someone's armor and equip it if you wanna heal the character but don't wanna use a save sphere/potions/magic.

Edit: Just checked the date of the original post...hopefully you've gotten it by now :p