PDA

View Full Version : Can you save ps1 games onto your ps2 memory card.

darkchrono
07-30-2006, 10:31 PM
I am just now wondering this because my ps1 recently just kicked the bucket (when I was taking a cd out of it the little black thing that held the cd in place inside the playstation came out with it).

So now if I ever want to play my ps1 games occasionally I have to play them on my ps2. So are we able to save them onto ps2 memory cards or do we need some special type of memory card in order to save them.

Dreddz
07-30-2006, 10:37 PM
PS1 - PS1 memory cards

PS2 - PS2 memory cards.

Ashley Schovitz
07-30-2006, 10:47 PM
PS1 - PS1 memory cards

PS2 - PS2 memory cards.

But I have copied one of my PS1 games onto my PS2 card, but when I play a PS1 game and try to load with the PS2 card it can't read it, so yes techinally you can put PS1 data on it, but it will not work.

DeathKnight
07-30-2006, 11:07 PM
I hate it when SONY are money-hungry-bastards :irked: they could've ALLOWED the PlayStation2 memory card to be useable for PlayStation and PlayStation2 games :nonono:

Ashley Schovitz
07-30-2006, 11:09 PM
I hate it when SONY are money-hungry-bastards :irked: they could've ALLOWED the PlayStation2 memory card to be useable for PlayStation and PlayStation2 games :nonono:
And I think they announced that with PS3 it can play PS2 and PS1 games, but you'll lose all your saves from those games if you decide to sell your PS2.

By the way PS1 memory Cards should cost you only $5.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
07-30-2006, 11:13 PM
(when I was taking a cd out of it the little black thing that held the cd in place inside the playstation came out with it).
dude tht made my day :lol:

and about ur problem, no

DK
07-30-2006, 11:14 PM
Or, you know, you can just put your PS1 memory card in your PS2 and use it, like the rest of us.

Tavrobel
07-31-2006, 12:32 AM
I am just now wondering this because my ps1 recently just kicked the bucket (when I was taking a cd out of it the little black thing that held the cd in place inside the playstation came out with it).

So now if I ever want to play my ps1 games occasionally I have to play them on my ps2. So are we able to save them onto ps2 memory cards or do we need some special type of memory card in order to save them.

You can only save PSX games onto PSX memory Cards. However, you can copy the file onto a PS2 memory card, but this is primarily for archiving reasons, as the data cannot be used or accessed by a PSX game.

Just play the PSX games on the PS2, and you should be fine (although a small amount of games will glitch on the PS2).

Madame Adequate
07-31-2006, 12:36 AM
Just plug your PS1 memory card in, it works the same. You can't use a PS2 card to directly save and load, but you can copy files from a PS1 card to a PS2 card, and store them in that manner.