PDA

View Full Version : A Bit of Clarification

Kefka_Almighty
07-31-2006, 05:09 AM
This has been really bugging me, because I've never been able to decipher the validity of this statement, no matter how hard I try to remember if the event occured or not. So, what I've heard is there's supposedly a sequence near the end of the game where Delita kills Ovelia.

Thing is, I don't remember this ever happening. A sequence I do remember is Delita threatening some other woman (I believe he accuses her of being a spy) and states "If you don't kill me, I'll kill you.", and then a shot of Ovelia in one of the other rooms running into that room before panning out.

Am I just crazy and I've somehow switched events around, or did either (or both) of these events occur/not occur? I've only played the "Greatest Hits" re-release and have been told that some things were changed for it, but never having played the initial release, I have no way of judging if this statement is true or not.

A bit of clarification, if you would be so kind. :laughing:

Lich3636
07-31-2006, 08:25 AM
the part where Delita kills ovelia is after the credits i think. i know it takes place after u kill altima.

Angelroo
07-31-2006, 04:46 PM
Yep, it's at the very end but I couldn't tell who attacked who first? :confused:

Roogle
07-31-2006, 05:17 PM
That scene is very unclear. It has always been up to debate whether Ovelia or Delita dies, but it's the general concensus that Ovelia attacks Delita in the heat of the moment and Delita counters her attack instinctively.

It takes place after the credits and is the last thing the player sees in the course of the game.

-N-
08-01-2006, 01:59 AM
Hamedo! :chop:

Octorok
08-01-2006, 05:06 AM
Yeah, I was always confused as to if Delita had intended to kill Ovelia or not.

A sequence I do remember is Delita threatening some other woman (I believe he accuses her of being a spy) and states "If you don't kill me, I'll kill you.", and then a shot of Ovelia in one of the other rooms running into that room before panning out.

This is actually a scene right in the middle of the game in which Balmafula, the woman who was sent from the church to watch over Delita from, overhears Delita's plot and confronts him.

Angelroo
08-01-2006, 05:12 PM
He didn't kill her though, but I believe he cut her tongue off...

Roogle
08-02-2006, 06:56 AM
Yeah, I think Balmafula was referred to in the ending when he talks about Delita. He said something like, "He made it look like he killed her, then let her go."

It's a strange thing to say because Balmafula was right next to him when he said that, but it's been said that the Japanese version is more clear in having that line refer to Balmafula.

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-02-2006, 08:54 AM
Tactics is notorious for bad translations, so several story points may have been unintentionally made foggy because of it.

Roto13
08-02-2006, 07:51 PM
Add that to the general convolutedness of it all, and it's nearly impossible to fully understand.