PDA

View Full Version : I'm Engaged.

Tetsu
07-31-2006, 12:12 PM
Ok I have been engaged to the most beautiful woman on the world *in my mind and alot of other peoples minds they say she is gorgious but anyways* We have been engaged for nearly 2 weeks, and we both have decided to wait 4 years once she is done university or if she decides to drop out of it, when ever comes first, we will be getting married, I am quite excited, we were just sitting there doing w/e and I just came out and asked her. The only problem is.... She's not materialistic which is cool and she said she didn't want a ring yet *which was cool because I wanted to get her the perfect one anyways, but it was a spur of the moment thing, and well, I was expecting a it's too soon, but appearently not :P* But I just need to find what I am looking for, and price is no object for me, because well.... I have something particular in mind.

Mitch

Levian
07-31-2006, 12:29 PM
and price is no object for me, because well.... I have something particular in mind.

Mitch

Yeah, I'm planning to win the lottery too. ;)

Congratulations on the engagement, though. I hope it works out for you even though it's a bit early in your lives. How long have you been seeing eachother?

Tetsu
07-31-2006, 01:10 PM
Well I know it's a little too soon, hince why we both decided to have the wedding in 4 years.... :| :P But I have been seeing her for a month.... And well we get along soo incredibly well.... It's really awsome, her and I are engaged and we are like bestfriends.... so technically I am marrying a best friend of 1 month? I don't know if it makes sense but we are really really happy

Mitch

Dark Angel From Heaven
07-31-2006, 01:15 PM
Well I know it's a little too soon, hince why we both decided to have the wedding in 4 years.... :| :P But I have been seeing her for a month.... And well we get along soo incredibly well.... It's really awsome, her and I are engaged and we are like bestfriends.... so technically I am marrying a best friend of 1 month? I don't know if it makes sense but we are really really happy

Mitch
1 mounth?? i've been seeing my gf for close to a year, we both want to get marryd and such and we love each other vary much. best of luck to ya dog. hope ya both are vary happy.

Rye
07-31-2006, 01:22 PM
Wow, just a month? Well, if you're going to get engaged so fast, good thing you made it 4 years. Congrats and best wishes. :)

Bart's Friend Milhouse
07-31-2006, 01:58 PM
It's good of you to commit yourselves to each other from so early on Mitch.

Flying Mullet
07-31-2006, 02:00 PM
Wow, only one month seems like a short amount of time and I would have proposed later during her university career rather than so early, but I wish you the best.

Sylvie
07-31-2006, 02:05 PM
One month? Wow... well, luck to you buddy. :)

Loony BoB
07-31-2006, 02:28 PM
One month is way too early to take it incredibly seriously, but you'll realise that in time, so that's okay. Glad you haven't shelled out for a ring yet, though - that would be silly.

Give yourselves time and be careful because I don't think that the girl will like someone getting too caught up in this stuff so early on.

Having said all of that, I hope it works out for the best for the both of you.

Twisted Tinkerbell
07-31-2006, 02:32 PM
That's great, I'm so happy for you, there's no better feeling than being in love with someone you want to spend your life with. I got engaged after 6 months of being with Iceglow,.

Shlup
07-31-2006, 04:32 PM
Cid got engaged after seeing his woman for two months and they seem to be doing well so far (they're always cuddling... it's disgusting), so I've got no basis to say a month is too soon.

We got my engagement and wedding rings at www.antiquereflections.com, if that helps.

~*~Celes~*~
07-31-2006, 05:17 PM
I'm so happy for you!!!! I've only been seeing Shadow Bahamut for a little over a month...it's a long-distance relationship...but it's amazing because well....^_^ *giggles*....we're absolutely in love. I mean, we can't even describe it! Best of luck to you! She's lucky to have someone like you.

Miriel
08-01-2006, 10:10 AM
Congrats on the engagement. It's good that you two have decided to wait though.

If you need a wedding photographer... I'm available to travel. ;)

Zidane_2006
08-05-2006, 08:37 PM
umm well, best of luck to both of you but I just have to say something...

1 month? isnt that kind of a short time to be enganged to someone? you are also seventeen, so your life is waay ahead of you. Many of my family members have gotten married early on in their lives (ranging through 17-23), and they have found out through the years that marrying at such an early age is incredibly tough, as since your probably a junior your soon to go to college, and once college starts rolling in you and your lover probably wont be in the same college, and lemme tell you a lot of stuff happens in college (parties,meeting new people,etc.) I know this may seem like im trying to beat down on your relationship between you two but I am only trying to show you that it may be wise to go out with each other, rather than popping the question soo easy. I know your probably going to tell me "its ok, we still have 4 years before we marry" but dude, a lot of things happen in 4 years...a lot.

takes this the positive way or the negative, but I am just giving you my opinion

hope life treats you well!

-zidane2006

Owen Macwere
08-05-2006, 09:32 PM
Just one month????
Well congratualtions to both of you, and best of luck. :)

Alive-Cat
08-05-2006, 09:38 PM
For a moment there I thought you said you were "outraged", Tetsu! :greenie:
Well, I certainly wish you the best! :bigsmile:

Chaos
08-05-2006, 10:08 PM
Congratulations! Hope everything works out for you!

tomamar04
08-06-2006, 07:55 AM
While I congratulate you, I do think 17 is far too young to make a commitment to marraige.

But hey, if it works for you, no problems.

Iceglow
08-06-2006, 12:10 PM
Ahh I took my time in waiting to reply to this as I consider you a great member Mitch and didn't want to rain on your parade I guess. I personally believe a month is a very short time (and I know a lot of people thought 6 months was a very short time) and I just want to wish you the best of luck and tell you to take care not to get hurt.