PDA

View Full Version : LOLz @ Micr0$oft

bipper
07-31-2006, 04:54 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1123221217782777472

another disasterous failure. I actually feel sorry for the guy, as he must of been horribly embarassed there. Care to share any other public humilities via failure!?

Discuss FAILure and Micro$oft! Though, that line was a bit redundant.

Bipper

boris no no
07-31-2006, 04:58 PM
American tv news people are scary x___x
It was amusing what he wrote though xD

Misfit
07-31-2006, 05:01 PM
Dear aunt,

Let's set so double the killer delete select all.

Love,
Misfit.

I Took the Red Pill
07-31-2006, 05:01 PM
Yes, let us blame "ambient noise".

bipper
07-31-2006, 05:05 PM
Don't worry, shortly ( 1 year ) after they release the product they will add an update for it and then release a professional and coorperate addition wich will do about the same with a few nice features (that do not work) and then release an ultimate version 3 years after that.

Flying Mullet
07-31-2006, 05:06 PM
I like the fact that they blame "ambient noise" for the failure, yet the press room is quieter than most people's offices will be.

Peegee
07-31-2006, 05:53 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=LZm47Xg8XOU

Windows 98 crash :)

RPJesus
07-31-2006, 06:03 PM
Funny. :)

I hate American news. The presenters are such idiots- it was a funny video, but that guy wasn't funny. Why do people always think they need to add their own bad jokes to funny things?

bipper
07-31-2006, 06:06 PM
Because if news is blantantly funny it looses credibility. A hint of corny jokeness does well to stimulate the story a bit.

KentaRawr!
08-01-2006, 01:04 AM
Dear Mom,

I am using the newer vice ignition. Pit lips very buddy, butt J blink it can't go verily far.

(I am using the new voice recognition. It is very buggy, but I think it can go very far.)

Microsoft = Dumb. n_n

Roto13
08-01-2006, 01:24 AM
And yet most of you are using Windows.

Shoeberto
08-01-2006, 01:28 AM
Funny. :)

I hate American news. The presenters are such idiots- it was a funny video, but that guy wasn't funny. Why do people always think they need to add their own bad jokes to funny things?
I'm interested in seeing what your news looks like, then, because I can't stand watching our news other than the Daily Show.

KentaRawr!
08-01-2006, 01:29 AM

WITHOUT voice recognition. :tongue:

Psychotic
08-01-2006, 01:30 AM
I'm interested in seeing what your news looks like, then, because I can't stand watching our news other than the Daily Show.They're becoming more Americanised by the day.

Bashing Microsoft is sooooooooo 10 years ago.

Dr Unne
08-01-2006, 02:03 AM
Yes, that video clip is funny. Another (Bill Gates + Windows ME b0rking):

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6774591592070724791

It's almost.... ALMOST as though Microsoft software is unreliable, buggy garbage.

*smug*

bipper
08-01-2006, 05:38 AM

*smite*

I would like to say that I am currently Betaing Windows <del>Marick</del> Vista. It MARICKS horridableiohourousally!

Normally I use XP for my windows games, and linux for anything that really matters.

Bipper

KentaRawr!
08-01-2006, 05:41 AM
Oh my god Bill Gate's yup GET OUTTA HERE!

Arrianna
08-01-2006, 05:23 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=n74mktpenx8&search=Vista%20First%20Features
If you don't get it check the "About This Video".

I'm just waiting for Linex to catch up to my needs.

Flying Mullet
08-01-2006, 05:51 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=n74mktpenx8&search=Vista%20First%20Features
If you don't get it check the "About This Video".
Nice. xD

stuffing
08-01-2006, 05:56 PM
Well lets face it, Microsoft hasn't hade the best track record of actual working software.

Mirage
08-01-2006, 11:25 PM
Quoted for the smufing truth.

People who put down Windows because they are too incompetent to maintain it pisses me off.

Arrianna
08-02-2006, 03:48 AM
Really? In my experience it's the other way around. (and I'll admitt it :laugh: )

bipper
08-02-2006, 06:33 AM
Quoted for the smufing truth.

People who put down Windows because they are too incompetent to maintain it pisses me off.

My my... Well, my maintanence guid includes a reinstall every 6 months. I would rather not take up all my time maintaining a retarded OS, when I could use linux. Plus, my work place requires me to have windows on my laptop :( which I use for morst my surfing as well.

Whatever though :) Someday, when windows looses its gaming support, I will soley go to linux.

Mirage
08-02-2006, 02:28 PM
My PCs run windows for years without needing reinstalls. And I don't just install it and never use it for anything, in case you were going to use that arguement. I play games, movies and music, and go on the internet a lot. Furthermore, there are often months between each restart.
I don't know what you do with yours that requires you to reinstall it every 6 months.

bipper
08-02-2006, 02:36 PM
My PCs run windows for years without needing reinstalls. And I don't just install it and never use it for anything, in case you were going to use that arguement. I play games, watch movies and play music, and go on the internet a lot. Furthermore, there are often months between each restart.
I don't know what you do with yours that requires you to reinstall it every 6 months.

Apache server, gaming serverice, any use of any type of service typically and slowly degrades the OS. Constant drilling of the registry is annoying all in itself; not to mention the required defrags. Uninstalling unfriendly program installs and just dealing with a bazilllion native secuity issues.

All I can stand using windows for, is gaming and word processing. I would like to use it for my programming, 3d animation, muisc, art, etc..

Basically, yaknow.. using my computer.

not to mention the illegal actions take by Micro$oft to protect thier product and other products that may be installed on their systems. Allong with their shoddy formed GUI and clumsy use of resources.

God I could go on, but I think you get my drift.

Bipper

Mirage
08-02-2006, 02:42 PM
I don't see how running Apache in the background would force me to reinstall it after 6 months. I know several people who use it for 3D modelling and Photoshop too. I don't see how i.e Photoshop and 3Dstudio Max would require you to reinstall Windows every 6 months either. For programming, okay, from what I've heard, it's supposed to be kinda annoying to program stuff in Windows.
I don't see how Windows' GUI is any more shoddy formed than Gnome or KDE. Now excuse me if you don't use any of those.

Poor resource management? Yeah, I agree with you a bit there. Defrags too, though I don't do them all that often myself.

bipper
08-02-2006, 03:11 PM
I dont have the time to go into the service management in windows, but install appache with php along with a few other serivices and just try to recieve any significant traffic or simulate a heavy workload. The threading between services just makes me want to go emo and care windows HATE in my arm.

The general use of memory in windows sucks. IT tries too hard to be fast, and creates instability in high end memmory consuming programs especially those that require heavy consuption of unorganised data (which is now unorganised after windows flys it into ram - granted XP is better at this, but Vista went no where). Graphic editors, requireing more tailored treatments than games, just do not run well in windows. I used Blender and a bit of openFX, as well as the Maya Studio 3d max (from college) and I can safely say that Mac OS and Linux are light years a head in this area.

Gnome and KDE are actually quite a bit better (especially KDE). Though, you have so many choices in Graphical Desktop Managers with linux, this is such a moot point. Low resouces, go Low cholesteral - etc.

bipper

Mirage
08-02-2006, 04:55 PM
Well, I can see your reasons for not using Windows, but I still think having to reinstall Windows every 6 months is a huge exaggeration.
Also, most windows users do not have the same needs for effeciency as you do. Most just need it for what I mentioned, and I have problems understanding how they manage to fuck up just doing that.

Flying Mullet
08-02-2006, 04:55 PM
I think this thread's been officially hi-jacked. :p

lovehurts
08-02-2006, 04:59 PM
I use windows so that I can run software and games.

This video isnt fair it could be a technological error besides miscrosofts causing this demonstration to not work. Why would he be on that show anyway. The show is supposed to be funny.