PDA

View Full Version : Limit Breaks

Freya Coral
08-01-2006, 05:29 AM
I'm having kind of a problem and it's really frustrating... With the exception of Cloud, I can't get any of the other characters to learn their final Limit Break even after they have all their other Limit Breaks. Am I missing something? Do they have to have a certain number of kills before they can learn their final Limit Break? :confused:

Thorn
08-01-2006, 05:32 AM
To learn new limit breaks you have to use your current limit breaks tones of times. What you should do, is find a monster (like those wasps to the south) that casts "Fury". Allow yourself to be furied so that your limit guage rises quicker.

Then just spam Bigshot/Sledfang, W/e your using and you should get a new one.

I'm pretty sure thats how it works. Always worked for me.

chronic_Maniac
08-01-2006, 05:53 AM
NO NO NO your first limitbreak for a level needs so many kills before it will get the second limit break. The second needs to be used so many times before it will learn a new one for a next level. As for the level 4 limitbreaks you need a manural item to learn those here are the locations for them.
Cloud - in the battle arena (its a prize)
Barret - after the train heads towards his hometown a person in the tent will give you it.,
Tifa - play a song at tifa's house to get hers
Aeris - trade in mythril to a man and choice the small box up the stairs
Red 13 - unlock the safe in Clouds hometown to recieve the item
Cid - go to an sunken ship when you have the submerine and seach it for his limit break, it has unknown monsters in the area
Yuffie - fight in this building where Yuffie grew up and you might get her last limit break item
vincient - find a cave with the sbmerine and visit on disk 2 and 3 with vincient in your party

Freya Coral
08-01-2006, 05:55 AM
NO NO NO your first limitbreak for a level needs so many kills before it will get the second limit break. The second needs to be used so many times before it will learn a new one for a next level. As for the level 4 limitbreaks you need a manural item to learn those here are the locations for them.
Barret - after the train heads towards his hometown a person in the tent will give you it.,
Cid - go to an sunken ship when you have the submerine and seach it for his limit break, it has unknown monsters in the area
Yuffie - fight in this building where Yuffie grew up and you might get her last limit break item
vincient - find a cave with the sbmerine and visit on disk 2 and 3 with vincient in your party

I got all the items that teach the characters their Limit Breaks. It's just that when I try to use them, the character in question says something about how they can't learn it.

chronic_Maniac
08-01-2006, 06:00 AM
You have to have all thier limitbreaks learned first. Then it has to be the right item for the right character. Do you need the list of items for the characters and who they go to?

Freya Coral
08-01-2006, 06:03 AM
You have to have all thier limitbreaks learned first. Then it has to be the right item for the right character. Do you need the list of items for the characters and who they go to?

Nope, I have the strategy guide. Even when I use the manual on the correct person, they still can't learn it. :mad2:

chronic_Maniac
08-01-2006, 06:12 AM
All I can say is you need to have both level 1, level 2, and level 3 limit breaks before you can use the item. So if your missing one of the limit breaks go learn it and then use the item. its 40 kills then you learn another limitbreak. Then its 40 times using the second one before you learn a new one. Do you think that helped any?

Freya Coral
08-01-2006, 06:18 AM
I have all the Level 1, 2, and 3 Limit Breaks, but when I use the item, the character (with the exception of Cloud and Vincent) says they can't learn it.

Xurts
08-01-2006, 06:57 AM
You're wrong too.

Cloud Strife

Limit Level 1:
Braver: Already there.
Cross Slash: Use Braver 8 times to learn.
Limit Level 2:
Blade Beam: Have Cloud Kill 115 enemies to learn this.
Climhazzard: Use Blade Beam 7 times to learn.
Limit Level 3:
Meteorain: Have Cloud kill a further 80 enemies for him to learn this.
Finishing Touch: Use Meteorain 6 times.
Limit Level 4:
Omnislash: Won at battle square for 51,200 BP (Disc One) or 32,000 BP (Discs Two and Three). Can teach to him as soon as you have learnt the second level 3 limit.

Barret Wallace

Limit Level 1:
Big Shot: Already there.
Mind Blow: Use Big shot 9 times.
Limit Level 2:
Grenade Bomb: Have Barret kill 80 enemies to learn this.
Hammer Blow: Use Grenade bomb 8 times.
Limit Level 3:
Satellite Beam: Have Barret kill 70 enemies to learn this.
Ungarmax: Use Satellite Beam 7 times.
Limit Level 4:
Catastrophe: Given to you in North Corel.

Tifa Lockeheart

Limit Level 1:
Beat Rush: Automatic.
Somersault: Use Beat Rush 9 times.
Limit Level 2:
Water Kick: Have Tifa kill 96 enemies.
Meteodrive: Use Water Kick 7 times.
Limit Level 3:
Dolphin Blow: Have Tifa kill another 96 enemies.
Meteor Strike: Use Dolphin Blow 6 times.
Limit Level 4:
Final Heaven: Play the song you played in the Nibelheim flashback at her house again and she'll receive it.

Aeris Gainsborough

Limit Level 1:
Healing Wind: Automatic.
Seal Evil: Use Healing wind 7 times.
Limit Level 2:
Breath of the Earth: Have Aeris kill 80 enemies.
Fury Brand: Use Breath of the Earth 6 times.
Limit Level 3:
Planet Protector: Have Aeris kill a further 80 enemies.
Pulse of Life: Use Planet Protector 5 times.
Limit Level 4:
Great Gospel: This is perhaps the trickiest level 4 limit break to find. Once you get the Buggy (after the Gold Saucer), ride it to Costa Del Sol. Take a boat back the first continent, and leave Junon. For some strange reason, the buggy is back with you again. Ride it over the river to find a cave tucked away in the side of the mountain range. Go inside and speak to the man there. You want him to say how many battles you have won so far. If he says something else, exit and reenter against until he says it. If the numbers are the same (eg: 55 or 111), he will give you Mythril. If they are not, go outside the cave and fight until they are. Then go back and he will give you the Mythril. Then ride the buggy back to Junon, and go down past the Gold Saucer. You will find a small house along the east coast. Go inside and give the Myrthil to the man. He will say that you can pick either of the two treasure chests. Pick the SMALL one, and you will get the Great Gospel. Phew!

Cait Sith

Limit Level 1:
Dice: Automatic.
Limit Level 2:
Slots: Kill 40 enemies for him to learn this.

Cait Sith has no more limit levels.

Red XIII

Limit Level 1:
Sled Fang: Automatic.
Lunatic High: Use Sled Fang 8 times.
Limit Level 2:
Blood Fang: Have Red XIII kill 70 enemies.
Stardust Ray: Use Blood Fang 7 times.
Limit Level 3:
Howling Moon: Have Red XIII kill 70 enemies.
Earth Rave: Use Howling Moon 6 times.
Limit Level 4:
Cosmo Memory: Open the Safe in Shinra mansion.

Yuffie Kiseragi

Limit Level 1:
Greased Lightning: Automatic.
Clear Tranquil: Use Greased Lightning 8 times.
Limit Level 2:
Landscraper: Have Yuffie kill 63 enemies.
Bloodfest: Use Landscraper 7 times.
Limit Level 3:
Gauntlet: Have Yuffie kill a further 63 enemies.
Doom of the Living: Use Gauntlet 6 times.
Limit Level 4:
All Creation: Won at the Pagoda from Godo.

Vincent Valentine

Limit Level 1:
Galean Beast: Automatic.
Limit Level 2:
Death Gigas: Have Vincent kill 42 enemies.
Limit Level 3:
Hell Masker: Have Vincent kill a further 52 enemies.
Limit Level 4:
Chaos: Gained by speaking to Lucrecia in the underwater cavern.

Cid Highwind

Limit Level 1:
Boost Jump: Automatic.
Dynamite: Use Boost Jump 7 times.
Limit Level 2:
Hyper Jump: Have Cid kill 60 enemies.
Dragon: Use Hyper Jump 6 times.
Limit Level 3:
Dragon Dive: Have Cid kill 80 enemies.
Big Brawl: Use Dragon Dive 5 times.
Limit Level 4:
Highwind: Found on the sunken Gelnika.

Zeromus_X
08-01-2006, 07:14 AM
There's a known bug (but still very uncommon) where a character will refuse to learn their final Limit Break even though they've mastered all the others for each level. I've heard it's sometimes caused by hacking into the game to obtain every limit break early, but I don't think that's the cause here.