PDA

View Full Version : FF v Zelda

LiLViVi101
08-01-2006, 09:45 AM
ok so heres the deal theres this best series over thing over at www.gamefaqs.com and were up against Zelda and FF is losing so im coming to every FF forum i could find to tell everybody register at www.gamefaqs.com and vote for FF no matter what im not letting zelda.Dont get me wrong Zelda is a great game but FF is way better so if you dont have an account then register now and vote for FF cause every knows FF pwns>all

Miriel
08-01-2006, 09:50 AM
I think you'll find that most forums don't appreciate people registering just to pester people about voting on some poll on a completely different site.

Not locking this thread just in case other posters here actually care about this poll.

LiLViVi101
08-01-2006, 09:55 AM
well im sorry around bro but i care about this

Psydekick
08-01-2006, 10:20 AM
Ermm sorry but we kinda dont

EDIT: Shouldnt this be in General Gaming?

jrgen
08-01-2006, 11:17 AM
I honestly can't say I'm even the least bit interested in what game wins some poll on gamefaqs.com.

Elite Lord Sigma
08-01-2006, 05:27 PM
I can honestly say that Zelda will probably beat FF.

JKTrix
08-01-2006, 07:03 PM
Link wins regardless of the poll. Face the facts, and get a Nintendo.

Roto13
08-01-2006, 07:34 PM
Almost any Zelda game is better than any Final Fantasy game, so forget it.

edczxcvbnm
08-01-2006, 08:11 PM
I voted for Zelda. FF SUCKS!

starseeker
08-01-2006, 08:16 PM

Then why are you here?

Psychotic
08-01-2006, 08:22 PM

Then why are you here?edczxcvbnm is contracted to appear at EoFF until 2008. He doesn't have a choice.

I voted FF. I don't really care which one wins, as GameFAQs polls always come down to FF v Zelda, and the squabbling fanatics of both series ("You're a fanboy!" "No, YOU'RE a fanboy!") makes me want to drink bleach.

Dreddz
08-01-2006, 08:31 PM
FF for me, I dont see whats so amazing in Zelda

Alundra > 2D Zelda

Dark Chronicle > 3D Zelda

Tifa's Real Lover(really
08-01-2006, 08:44 PM
zelda < ff

JKTrix
08-01-2006, 08:59 PM
Actually, I thought Mario, Link, and Cloud (and Sephiroth for villains) were sort of 'Hall of Fame'd (removed) from these Gamefaqs polls? Maybe it just applies to the particular character and not their series of games.

KentaRawr!
08-01-2006, 09:31 PM
I voted Zelda. Sorry. >_>

Edit: BTW, I am RedMage Nico on Gamefaqs. <_<

Roto13
08-01-2006, 09:55 PM
Actually, I thought Mario, Link, and Cloud (and Sephiroth for villains) were sort of 'Hall of Fame'd (removed) from these Gamefaqs polls? Maybe it just applies to the particular character and not their series of games.
I think it's just for the Best Character contests that they should never do again because they're getting old.

Slicksword45
08-01-2006, 10:21 PM
I already voted FF.

DeathKnight
08-02-2006, 03:59 AM
I can honestly say that Zelda will probably beat FF.

There's no doubt in HELL that Zelda beats FF as a series ANY day of the year.

but FFX/X-2 will ALWAYS be my favorite rpg(EVER!).

edczxcvbnm
08-02-2006, 09:17 PM
Fuck you dip/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifs! FF loses! It lost so bad that square is going to cancel FFXII for the NA/Europian release and just discontinue the series before they make bigger fools of themselves.

~SUMMONERS GUARDIAN~
08-02-2006, 09:31 PM
Well, Final Fantasy and Zelda are 2 totally different types of games throughout their series....Zelda has stayed with Link and Zelda as they're main focused on characters..whereas Final Fantasy has many different roles that you play throughout its series...the concept of Zelda is mainly always the same, try to save Zelda in some way...I Love all the Zelda games, and i DO think Twighlight Princess will be in one of my top 3 favorites up to date, but Final Fantasy is technologically far more superior than Zelda has been...their has been so many successful Final Fantasy games u cant compare it to Zelda...plus i dont know about u, but im a Zelda fan also, and i wuznt too pleased when they released Wind Waker....to push back the making of Twighlight Princess 2 years back...which Upsetted me...so thas another downfall to Zelda, they havent stayed as consistent and up-to-date as Final Fantasy is....

Dreddz
08-02-2006, 09:45 PM
Also, Final Fantasy is an aquired taste, as are RPG's in general. Ive got nothing to back this up but more people get into A&A games than RPG's ( dont gimme that crap that Zelda's an RPG ). Im not making excuses for FF losing, I just think very carefully about these things.

ljkkjlcm9
08-02-2006, 10:57 PM
The people who don't like Zelda are ones that say it's the same thing over and over. But honestly, most games are the same thing over and over. Just because they change a few more things, doesn't mean it's a completely new game. Whether people like to admit it, the FF games are basically the same thing over and over. Zelda is more out in the open about this fact, as is Mario, yet the games are still loved. And Zelda games get delayed all the time because they try and get so much into each game. FF has more games yes, but most people believe each Zelda is higher quality than each FF. While some FF games beat some Zelda games, I must admit I always enjoy playing Zelda games, and sometimes get fed up with FF games, hence one reason why I continue to buy Nintendo stuff, and I didn't get the other systems.

THE JACKEL

Dreddz
08-02-2006, 11:00 PM
Maybe some people just dont like Zelda. Im right because im one of them....

Breine
08-02-2006, 11:09 PM
Well, Zelda and Final Fantasy are two very different series and they're both fantastic, but I'd vote Final Fantasy if I had to.

~SUMMONERS GUARDIAN~
08-02-2006, 11:27 PM
All in all, they are great Hall Of Fame series's that shouldnt be in a poll to see which one is better...

ljkkjlcm9
08-02-2006, 11:56 PM
Maybe some people just dont like Zelda. Im right because im one of them....
yes I know this, but there are more people that just don't like FF

THE JACKEL

Roto13
08-03-2006, 12:04 AM
Well, Final Fantasy and Zelda are 2 totally different types of games throughout their series....Zelda has stayed with Link and Zelda as they're main focused on characters..whereas Final Fantasy has many different roles that you play throughout its series...the concept of Zelda is mainly always the same, try to save Zelda in some way.

Except for half of them. Name a Final Fantasy that isn't about saving the world.

plus i dont know about u, but im a Zelda fan also, and i wuznt too pleased when they released Wind Waker....to push back the making of Twighlight Princess 2 years back...which Upsetted me...so thas another downfall to Zelda,

So, when Wind Waker was announced, you thought "Oh, no, now Twilight Princess is going to take longer!" Yeah, I'll bet. :rolleyes2

Venom
08-03-2006, 12:15 AM
I dont particulary play either games that much anymore so screw the poll.

edczxcvbnm
08-03-2006, 03:49 PM
Well, Final Fantasy and Zelda are 2 totally different types of games throughout their series....Zelda has stayed with Link and Zelda as they're main focused on characters..whereas Final Fantasy has many different roles that you play throughout its series...the concept of Zelda is mainly always the same, try to save Zelda in some way...I Love all the Zelda games, and i DO think Twighlight Princess will be in one of my top 3 favorites up to date, but Final Fantasy is technologically far more superior than Zelda has been...their has been so many successful Final Fantasy games u cant compare it to Zelda...plus i dont know about u, but im a Zelda fan also, and i wuznt too pleased when they released Wind Waker....to push back the making of Twighlight Princess 2 years back...which Upsetted me...so thas another downfall to Zelda, they havent stayed as consistent and up-to-date as Final Fantasy is....

The concept of FF is always the same, Save the world.
The battle system of FF has remained basically the same through FFX. Turned based and based on stats.
I would love to hear how FF is technologically far more superior than Zelda.
Just about every Zelda game has been sucessful also. Zelda, Zelda II, Link to the Past, Ocrina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Minish Cap, Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Seasons, Links Awakening. I think that is all of them. 10 games in 20 years.
So they made a Zelda game that you don't like. I am pissed at FF because FFX sucked and so did X-2 and FFXI. They pushed back making FFXII 4 years.

KentaRawr!
08-03-2006, 04:18 PM
Just about every Zelda game has been sucessful also. Zelda, Zelda II, Link to the Past, Ocrina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Minish Cap, Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Seasons, Links Awakening. I think that is all of them. 10 games in 20 years.

There's also the Four Swords games, if you count those. And don't forget CD-I. >_>

Doomie
08-03-2006, 04:25 PM
I found Zelda 1 and Zelda two to be really bad, but that's just personal opinion. Although, I had a blast playing Wind Waker. Essentially, both games haven't changed much over the years. However, I think people prefer Zelda because their success ratio has so far been 100%, where as Final Fantasy's past 2 games have been flops. You'll never see a Zelda ONLINE either.

edczxcvbnm
08-03-2006, 04:26 PM
I forgot about 4 swords but I left off the CD-I games on purpose :D

Roto13
08-03-2006, 04:35 PM
Yes, the cd-i ones are the ones people like to sweep under the rug and forget. The Four Swords games are great with 2-4 players, and Four Swords Adventures is also pretty good with one player. You can't play the other Four Swords game alone.

ff_sweden
08-03-2006, 04:40 PM
this is how you enter bottom of well ,in Ocarina of time, early

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H-PBcPL3y8&search=zelda%20bottom%20of%20the%20well

KentaRawr!
08-03-2006, 04:49 PM
this is how you enter bottom of well ,in Ocarina of time, early

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H-PBcPL3y8&search=zelda%20bottom%20of%20the%20well

Cool. Can I do that with an all White Mage group?

oddler
08-03-2006, 06:22 PM
The Legend of Zelda is to Role Playing Games as Final Fantasy is to Menu-based Fantasy Games. Saying that a game where you control a character other than yourself is not an RPG is just nonsense. They are both RPGs with different game basics and mechanics.

And they both rock so I'm not choosing. :rolleyes2

edczxcvbnm
08-03-2006, 06:43 PM
The Legend of Zelda is to Role Playing Games as Final Fantasy is to Menu-based Fantasy Games. Saying that a game where you control a character other than yourself is not an RPG is just nonsense. They are both RPGs with different game basics and mechanics.

And they both rock so I'm not choosing. :rolleyes2

NBA 2K5 is a role playing game by that logic. I don't play myself but I do play the role of 5 players on the court. It isn't a sports game...it is a roleplaying.

Your logic sucks and is retarded.

Roto13
08-03-2006, 06:47 PM
Zelda isn't an RPG, it's an adventure game. In lot's of games, you control a character other than yourself. Perfect Dark certainly isn't an RPG, but you play the role of Joanna Dark.

The Zelda as an RPG thinking just goes back to when people thought that any game with a 3/4 overhead view was an RPG.

oddler
08-03-2006, 08:27 PM
NBA 2K5 is a role playing game by that logic. I don't play myself but I do play the role of 5 players on the court. It isn't a sports game...it is a roleplaying.

True

Your logic sucks and is retarded.

False

You just explained my point perfectly. The game itself is a sports game but you control the people playing the sport. By doing so, the game is also a role-playing game. Most games are role-playing games, including first person shooters, fighters, whatever. The term RPG has little meaning as a precursor to the purpose or mechanics of a game and should be destroyed in my humble opinion. ;)

By the way and to stay on topic, Final Fantasy = The Legend of Zelda. Go ahead and ridicule me. :cool:

edczxcvbnm
08-03-2006, 08:42 PM
RPG is not a literal term though. That is why you are wrong on so many levels. Saying something is cool doesn't mean that the thing/person/place is at relativily cold temerature. Same thing applies to the term RPG.

ljkkjlcm9
08-03-2006, 09:55 PM
there have been many arguments about whether Zelda is an RPG or not, and the fact is it isn't. RPG's aren't to be taken literally, otherwise every game is an RPG.

But that's not the point of this thread so can we please stay on topic. Zelda is more popular for many reasons, one of the many, is that it's easy to pick up and play. Hell, my mom loves Zelda, she played the original FF back in the day, but now they're too complicated for people. More people enjoy Zelda because it has an easier learning curve.

THE JACKEL

edczxcvbnm
08-05-2006, 06:10 AM
there have been many arguments about whether Zelda is an RPG or not, and the fact is it isn't. RPG's aren't to be taken literally, otherwise every game is an RPG.

But that's not the point of this thread so can we please stay on topic. Zelda is more popular for many reasons, one of the many, is that it's easy to pick up and play. Hell, my mom loves Zelda, she played the original FF back in the day, but now they're too complicated for people. More people enjoy Zelda because it has an easier learning curve.

THE JACKAL

You act like FF is even remotely complicated. Kill creatures, get gold, buy new equipement, beat boss, move to the next area and repeat. You don't even have to do any real eye hand coordiation when it comes to static menu based battles. I would say FF has the far easier learning curve than Zelda. There just isn't any gaming skill involved in it.

Agent Proto
08-05-2006, 06:19 AM
FF is menu based. Not a hack and slash like Zelda is. Zelda, all you need to learn is to hack and slash your way through, use an occasional item here and there. In the FF games, you have to learn how to use your magic, use certain weapons, know when to use an item/magic/etc. I's not as easy as it seems to be.

edczxcvbnm
08-05-2006, 06:27 AM
FF is menu based. Not a hack and slash like Zelda is. Zelda, all you need to learn is to hack and slash your way through, use an occasional item here and there. In the FF games, you have to learn how to use your magic, use certain weapons, know when to use an item/magic/etc. I's not as easy as it seems to be.

Or not use it. You make it seem more complicated than it is. Up down left right....random battles. 'Learn' how to use magic is laughable. Run out of magic? Use the occasional item that you can buy in any town. Money a problem then go to an easier area to level up. Over level and make the game easier than dirt. No it really isn't that complicated. The system is built to make it super hard or super easy. If you don't really understand the game mechanics you can forget about learning them by always being over leveled.

Also in FF it really isn't complicated when a certain item has to be used or a certain magic has to be used. Just read the item description. "Cures stone" I don't know what to use on my character that is in stone. It isn't complicated and isn't a learning curve. It is an attention span thing. Any one who gives a /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif would figure this out instantly.

DanteV9
08-05-2006, 11:44 AM

There's also the Four Swords games, if you count those. And don't forget CD-I. >_>

Just about anyone don't count the CD-I Zelda games as games in the Zelda series, because Nintendo didn't make them. And who bought a CD-i anyway?

SuperNatural
08-05-2006, 04:25 PM
The Zelda and Final Fantasy series are both great. I'd probably chose Zelda over FF though because I perfer the gameplay engine more, but Final Fantasy has the greatest characters and stories. I am bias for Zelda though... even more so than I am for FF.