PDA

View Full Version : This game looks like crap! Gameplay video inside

edczxcvbnm
08-01-2006, 04:17 PM
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?type=mov&id=11876

To my understanding this is the newer more reworked version of the game for the US release. I can't fathom what the other version was like if this is suppose to be faster. It still looks super slow and super boring.

Square should have just borrowed Capcom's Devil May Cry engine and put vincent in it with FFVII themed areas so we could get a good game.

WTF where they thinking?

Sephex
08-01-2006, 09:54 PM
Yeah, I kind of knew this game would suck for awhile now. Where have you been, man?!

edczxcvbnm
08-01-2006, 10:49 PM
Where have I been. Trying to avoid this game at all costs is where I have been but then there was a little bit of good news that square was reworking the game for the US release...which is what this video is suppose to be. If this is the reworked version I would HATE to see what the original was like.

Necronopticous
08-01-2006, 11:10 PM
It looks fun to me.

Raven Nox
08-02-2006, 04:25 AM
Yeah, I don't see anything wrong with it really. But, I don't play shooters very often, so yeah.

Sometimes games seem slower when you're watching it than they really are, but I haven't played it yet, so I won't know if this is one of them.

Lilliputian Hitcher
08-03-2006, 07:12 AM
It does seem rather Awkward.

Zeromus_X
08-03-2006, 07:13 AM
This game has Kitten Sith. Playable. I don't care if it looks 'messed up' or not.

And I might be able to kill Gackt with Kitten Sith. Unless that isn't possible.

Jessweeee♪
08-03-2006, 10:44 PM
That was horrifying :O

LegiT
08-04-2006, 12:39 AM
This game has the most hideous reticles I've ever seen in a shooter.

Markus. D
08-05-2006, 05:23 AM
dont forget the story is what we should be in it for.

Lilliputian Hitcher
08-05-2006, 05:45 AM
Anyone who is playing a shooter in any shape or form for its story has not too few screws loose.

Maux
08-05-2006, 09:58 PM
Anyone who is playing a shooter in any shape or form for it's story has not too few screws loose.

That's me! Loss of screws, many of them. I believe the game is getting an unfair amount of respect. First off it is the 1st shooter, you can't expect it to be great, to be great will need lots of practice, and many games that probably will be scorned. However if you're in for the game for the shooter, you may also have a few screws loose. You can't expect the first to be great or even good, this is a test, people seem interested the next one might be better, no one interest, then we will never see a branch in this direction again. This is Final Fantasy, it has never been a shooter before, and has some great stories, you can't expect it to meet expectations of those who've played say Halo, or even any other ff game. This is an experiment and we are the lab rats.

SuperNatural
08-05-2006, 11:13 PM
Doesn't look too bad, but X-2 put a bad taste in my mouth for FF direct sequels. I'll probably rent it.

Rogue
08-06-2006, 10:23 AM
i think it looks awesome

Hell_Vangaurd
08-06-2006, 08:43 PM
I already had this on reserve :D I'm actually looking forward to it when it comes out!

Amundusias
08-06-2006, 11:02 PM
FFVII fanbase FTL. Fanboys/girls will buy anything with FFVII in it. Even if this game will suck, it will sell like hotcakes. That is why I am getting it.

Psydekick
08-07-2006, 10:07 AM
Are you joking? This game looks awesome, it kinda like Time Splitters and FF combind.

Its released 2 days before my birthday so ill reckon im gonnna get it!

blue phoenix
08-07-2006, 10:20 AM
it looks naff, if anyones played any decent shooters- theyll know a game like this is terrible in comparison. and apparently all it does is mess up FF7s stroryline more.

however as stated by Amundias, im still gonna get the damn thing.

Lilliputian Hitcher
08-07-2006, 10:26 AM
You don't like the gameplay, you don't like the story and yet you are going to buy it anyway?

Logic ftw.

blue phoenix
08-07-2006, 10:32 AM
i dont know the story, thats just speculation. but yes. damn brainwashing

Raebus
08-07-2006, 11:23 AM
To the buying it question, no no and no.

From the gameplay video, it seems to have alot of varied-ness. Luckily, I'm not the type to buy games because of a character or brand name.

Owen Macwere
08-07-2006, 11:31 AM
I think this game is cool after finishing it for two times I really liked it.
but there is so much blabing in it and it is kind slow for that, but for gameplay I think it is fast, (took about 12 hours to finish it).
I don't think it is that boring, but it is not exciting either, it is just not like the other FF games we are used to.

Mirage
08-07-2006, 11:51 AM
This looks awful. I'm never going to buy it. I'd only get it if it didn't cost me anything.

Crossblades
08-07-2006, 04:09 PM
I gonna hold my judgement till I actually play the game

Vaincast
08-07-2006, 06:48 PM
I saw parts of it, its not SO bad. I'm not sure if Vincent is JUST the only character because Yuffie is with him also. The bosses look harder at least

Tifa's Real Lover(really
08-07-2006, 11:29 PM
the game graphics look dissapointing but the game looks alright

crazybayman
08-08-2006, 08:24 PM
(took about 12 hours to finish it).
12 hours? Seriously? Its that short? Perhaps I'll wait for it to become a "Greatest Hits".

Owen Macwere
08-08-2006, 08:36 PM
(took about 12 hours to finish it).
12 hours? Seriously? Its that short? Perhaps I'll wait for it to become a "Greatest Hits".

Don't forget, I played it on the easy mode, but when i tried it in the hard mode, I got stucked.

atlanteay
08-08-2006, 09:20 PM
from the look of it, the controlls don't look promising:eep: oh well, i'm kind of interested in the story so i might as well rent it.

BizarroSephiroth
08-09-2006, 03:04 PM
It looks awesome i rly want it!

edczxcvbnm
08-09-2006, 05:33 PM

12 hours for a non-rpg isn't short.

Mirage
08-09-2006, 05:47 PM
The Metal Gear Solid games can all be done in 10-15, if you're new to them.

Owen Macwere
08-09-2006, 05:50 PM
That's correct, so basically the period is normal, but I hate how much they talk in it. -_-

Distain
08-09-2006, 08:16 PM
I gonna hold my judgement till I actually play the game

Me to. And whoever was playing it in the preview sucked. Maybe thats why the gameplay didnt look the best.

King-Killer
08-10-2006, 12:13 PM
That's me! Loss of screws, many of them. I believe the game is getting an unfair amount of respect. First off it is the 1st shooter, you can't expect it to be great, to be great will need lots of practice, and many games that probably will be scorned. However if you're in for the game for the shooter, you may also have a few screws loose. You can't expect the first to be great or even good, this is a test, people seem interested the next one might be better, no one interest, then we will never see a branch in this direction again. This is Final Fantasy, it has never been a shooter before, and has some great stories, you can't expect it to meet expectations of those who've played say Halo, or even any other ff game. This is an experiment and we are the lab rats.

I totally agree.
Although, I disaprove of us being lab rats...

I got some expectations about this game, didn't had any until I saw the actual Trailer.
Then I got interested.

It's got more of what I'm about.
Unlike FFX, with Tidus.
I don't want to say it was bad, but wasn't at all what I was expecting.
Something in the likes of FFVII&FFVIII ''I didn't played FFIX... as wasn't what I wanted''

I've seen both Trailer of FFXII and DoC, I'm a lot more impressed by DoC than an actual series game.

I hope this brings NEW SHOOTERS to the ever popular Final Fantasy.
But you have to remember one thing...
Square-Enix is an RPG Powerhouse, it's the first of it's kind.

Rase
08-10-2006, 05:44 PM
It looked better to me in this video (http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=12119&type=wmv&pl=game), so maybe it was just the guy who was playing it. Or maybe I'm just crazy.

Ashley Schovitz
08-10-2006, 05:52 PM
It looked better to me in this video (http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=12119&type=wmv&pl=game), so maybe it was just the guy who was playing it. Or maybe I'm just crazy.

That trailer does look alot better and when has Square ever made a bad game?

Aralith
08-10-2006, 06:36 PM
You never played the Final Fantasy Adventure or Mystic Quest games did you? Oh believe me. Sqaure makes bad games, you just don't hear about them most of the time.

Yeah, the gameplay displayed in that video was pretty much crap. I'm still going to buy it in the hopes that they just didn't get someone who really knew how to play the game. And as a remote (hint hint) second reason because it has the FFVII title on it.

Do not double post. Note the edit/ delete button in every post please and use it to add to your post. ~ Leeza

Distain
08-10-2006, 09:07 PM
The second vid looked way better than the first. The guy playing in the fiirst trailer sucked.

Jowy
08-10-2006, 09:11 PM
'when has square ever made a bad game'

lol unlimited saga
rofl driving emotion type-s
exdee dirge of cerberus

Everyone's got their screwups. Now if we replaced Vincent with say, any generic vampire with a gun, it'd already exist and be in the bargain bin at GameStop.

Sorry, Squeenix, but you should have kept it Japan only and focused moreso on something like a sequel to Einhander. <3

LunarWeaver
08-11-2006, 02:02 AM
I think it looks fun. It's supposed to be a shooter, and that's what it is. I think it's good Final Fantasy is crossing into other genres while keeping the main series RPG-oriented. Everything else does it...Star Wars is movies, RPGs, Real-Time Strategy games, FPS, board games, and novels. It's normal for franchises to expand as much as possible, but for some reason Final Fantasy is taking tons of crap for doing what everybody else already does constantly.

That said, I'm renting it and then waiting until it drops to ten dollars to buy it (if I liked it) :lol: Mmm hypocrisy, yummy <3! There's just too much else coming out this year for me to drop 50 on a shooter that will be relatively short. And I'm one of the few that thinks FFXII is a stroke of genius (based on what I've seen and the demo I played), so the moolah is going straight to that.

I am glad to see people and the few import reviews I read bitching that there's too many cutscenes though. I'm a plot whore and I want as much story as possible :spin:

The Bouncer still gives me nightmares.

Zeromus_X
08-11-2006, 02:42 PM
All of you that are complaining are missing the most vital, important aspect of the game:

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i166/Zeromus_X/508px-Cait_Sith_art.jpg
:nonono:

Lilliputian Hitcher
08-11-2006, 02:47 PM
I'm sure FFVII fans are ecstatic that Cait Sith, very possibly the most universally despised FF character, has been included in DoC.

Zeromus_X
08-11-2006, 03:19 PM
They'd better! :D :cat:

Distain
08-12-2006, 04:10 PM
I'm sure FFVII fans are ecstatic that Cait Sith, the most universally despised FF character, has been included in DoC.

Spawn of Sephiroth
08-13-2006, 12:37 AM
FFVII fanbase FTL. Fanboys/girls will buy anything with FFVII in it. Even if this game will suck, it will sell like hotcakes. That is why I am getting it.

exactly. just think. one more week guys. i can't wait. even though everyone says it is gonna suck, i don't care. its ff7, its vincent. so thats a good enough reason for me.:choc2:

Dreddz
08-13-2006, 03:30 PM
Ill let some suckers on this forum play it first and let me know if its any good, Ive been saying this game looked crap for ages....lets not forget this game got 30 sumin % in PSM2...

Rase
08-13-2006, 04:44 PM
lets not forget this game got 30 sumin % in PSM2...
Let's also not forget that they played the import version and their biggest fault was the control scheme which, from the video I posted, looks a lot better. IGN recently gave the game American release of the game a solid 7/10 (http://ps2.ign.com/articles/724/724990p1.html). Not amazing, but not as horrible as many seem to want to believe.

Hyperion4444
08-15-2006, 04:34 PM
It deserve a minimum of 7/10.

edczxcvbnm
08-15-2006, 04:38 PM
It deserve a minimum of 7/10.

You thought wrong. Maximum 7/10 is what you meant to say.

Hyperion4444
08-15-2006, 08:31 PM
No, I stand by what I say.
Look, dude.
I can understand that you don't like it, but some people may actually love it.

I think the difference would be either people love it a lot or hate it a lot.
With little middle.

But I see a lot more people like it than hate it...

It's up to you.

As for me.
To make a real rating, I'll play the game first, then I say if it's really good or really bad.
9/10 on the trailers I've seen on gametrailers.com (some of them)
10/10 on the movies of the game.

I'll give an overall rating of the game when it's released.

(The controls in the import must be really bad in the import!!)

Lone Wolf Leonhart
08-16-2006, 06:57 AM
Personally I think the game will be good, although I'm rather dissapointed that I went to the store today only to find they didn't have it, wasn't that supposed to be released today?

I wish people wouldn't say that they talk to much in the game, because having it's origins being an RPG, It's going to have a nice backstory, so why not have talking in it, even in deep detail?

I think that the first trailor on this thread looked bad probably because the person playing the game had less than poor accuracy, either that, or you just don't like shooters.

King-Killer
08-16-2006, 12:29 PM
I watched a trailer of boss battle on www.gametrailers.com and the guy playing almost hit every pegasus rider on the screen ''they move in circle around you on motorcycle.) so if he could almost shoot them all, controls shouldn't be a problem.

And it's not shoulder view anymore.
You can attack in the air.
There's a Double Jump.
More Extra Missions (not with the main story)
Much more interesting, a very hard mode

Much more things that makes the game more fun to play.
The game is, however, very interesting to begin with.