PDA

View Full Version : WHY is Dragon Quest so fun?

Peter_20
08-01-2006, 06:43 PM
This beats me, but I find it funny that I can enjoy Dragon Quest so much.
I mean, you spend live five hours leveling up and getting equipment, and that's supposed to become a major chore, but for some reason it's entertaining.
Why on earth is it entertaining to run around and fight foes all the time?
I find it pretty weird.

Dreddz
08-01-2006, 06:45 PM
Dragon Quest is fun because its a good series.

KentaRawr!
08-01-2006, 06:49 PM
It's subliminal messaging. When you see a smiling jelley, do you think happy or sad? :shifty:

JKTrix
08-01-2006, 06:50 PM
It's a charming game. Most of the areas are bright, colourful and generally pleasant (compared to dark, somewhat depressing areas in other games), and Koichii Sugiyama's music is beautiful. The whole atmosphere of the game is inviting and generally non-threatening, so it's natural to enjoy it. Doubly so if you like Akira Toriyama's art.

Carmilla
08-02-2006, 05:08 PM
^ Same as above.

The game is so simple and has such a charm to it that makes it so enjoyable. Its one of those games that you just want to huggle with for hours. :p

Crossblades
08-02-2006, 10:34 PM
It's a fun and enjoyable series. I just wish Square Enix would make the effort to bring DQ IV, V, and VI over to the states:(

Carmilla
08-02-2006, 10:44 PM
I am SO hoping that they release DQ 1-6 as downloadable games on the Wii.

I only played part 1 because it came free with my Nintendo Power subscription. I never got around to parts 2-4 on the NES and Gameboy color either. :cry:

Crossblades
08-02-2006, 11:01 PM
I am SO hoping that they release DQ 1-6 as downloadable games on the Wii.

I only played part 1 because it came free with my Nintendo Power subscription. I never got around to parts 2-4 on the NES and Gameboy color either. :cry:

Play part III for the GBC. It's very awesome:)

DJZen
08-02-2006, 11:14 PM
It's a fun and enjoyable series. I just wish Square Enix would make the effort to bring DQ IV, V, and VI over to the states:(

Don't say that! They'll hear you and then never do it! Although there hasn't been a DQVI remake yet. Perhaps we'll finally get THAT one when they remake it for whatever.