08-01-2006, 07:35 PM
Whats the highest DD?

Garland
08-01-2006, 09:56 PM
Magic spike damage: Black Mage
Risk-free spike damage: Summoner
Weapon-skill spike damage: Dark Knight
Damage over time: Monk

Best damage dealer is really a situational thing. It varies by level, what mob you're fighting, and what kind of damage you need.

BurntPeanuts57
08-01-2006, 10:05 PM
Magic spike damage: Black Mage
Risk-free spike damage: Summoner
Weapon-skill spike damage: Dark Knight
Damage over time: Monk

Best damage dealer is really a situational thing. It varies by level, what mob you're fighting, and what kind of damage you need.
okey dokes:D :D :D :D

Nakor TheBlue Rider
08-03-2006, 05:44 PM
Ranger is also a very high DD but very expensive and not suggested for newcomers to the game.

if you just want to see the largest number possible on a single hit Blm for magic or RNG for melee.

Monks are very high DD but its more spread out so it may not seem like they are dishing out huge damage.

BurntPeanuts57
08-03-2006, 06:18 PM
okey dokes

Garland
08-03-2006, 10:26 PM
Another way to look at "best DD" is by how often they get used for different activities. For example, if you want to do things like missions and big event battles, the current norm is still throw as many blm and smn at it as you can find. Melees find themselves sidelined for these, in many cases. Do you want to have fun on the biggest monsters in the FFXI bestiary, then pick one of these two. On the other hand, if you want to get exp at high levels then you should pick warrior, monk, or ninja. These are the three DD jobs that get to exp most 60+. Blm are relegated to manaburns and other jobs sit around hoping to fill in for one of the above three in a roaming TP party. In the world of merit parties, you're either a warrior, monk or ninja, or you're the replacement they settle for because any exp > no exp.

All too often I see <>insert job<><>Too weak<> shouts in whitegate when a less desired job tries to get into a party being shouted for. Saw a Blm Too weak shout and it left me agitated for quite a while, causing me to reply to a god-ls invite with "I'm too weak - go TP burn your osodes". Ah well, I got sidetracked there. Anyway, a little foresight can ensure you actually get to participate in XI with your job in the future. For events you want to be a magic DD and for exp you want to be a job that hits twice a turn and has utsusemi. Of course there are exceptions and someone will be sure to post that the above isn't always the case, but it is the case often enough to be an issue.

Vincentsinnerdemon
08-03-2006, 10:33 PM
Another way to look at "best DD" is by how often they get used for different activities. For example, if you want to do things like missions and big event battles, the current norm is still throw as many blm and smn at it as you can find. Melees find themselves sidelined for these, in many cases. Do you want to have fun on the biggest monsters in the FFXI bestiary, then pick one of these two. On the other hand, if you want to get exp at high levels then you should pick warrior, monk, or ninja. These are the three DD jobs that get to exp most 60+. Blm are relegated to manaburns and other jobs sit around hoping to fill in for one of the above three in a roaming TP party. In the world of merit parties, you're either a warrior, monk or ninja, or you're the replacement they settle for because any exp > no exp.

All too often I see <>insert job<><>Too weak<> shouts in whitegate when a less desired job tries to get into a party being shouted for. Saw a Blm Too weak shout and it left me agitated for quite a while, causing me to reply to a god-ls invite with "I'm too weak - go TP burn your osodes". Ah well, I got sidetracked there. Anyway, a little foresight can ensure you actually get to participate in XI with your job in the future. For events you want to be a magic DD and for exp you want to be a job that hits twice a turn and has utsusemi. Of course there are exceptions and someone will be sure to post that the above isn't always the case, but it is the case often enough to be an issue.

very well put. im glad im a mnk.

chionos
08-04-2006, 12:41 AM
The most important thing to do is to find out how to be beneficial to people even with a job that is overlooked normally. For instance, as Drg you could learn to be a mob-chooser in dynamis or limbus. Or as Drk you can be part of the blm stun order. Sams can work out skillchains for large groups. I know how hard it is to get invited to xp and missions, but, if you work on your character and knowledge of the game, people will look for you no matter what your job is.